UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anybody sign or visit recently????

you know, it was something i didnt even think about. I work at the bookstore, and we were doing the buyback outside the store, and i saw Barnes walking around with some kid talking about the University. Not sure if it was anything big, but i did see it.

I thought Martin was going to be a solid role player in the future. But, I guess he figured with everyone back plus Jamar, Lucious, Der Big Man and 4 solid Frosh coming in I guess he felt it would be wise to test the waters somewhere else.

With there being a good chance the Danes will show alot of 3 guard offenses - Iati Jamar and Jordan - that could leave Levi, "Q" to fight for minutes at the 3 maybe their wasn't enough time for Martin next season especially with Lillis and B Wilson as possible 3s.

He seemed like a good kid so I hope it goes well for him where ever he winds up going.

Edited by Patch

Martin is smart to leave! Players could be fighting for playing time next year! He'd never play!

The team that played this year all return but Martin.

Add Zoellner, Jordan, and Jamar.

Add 4 signees.

Add a possible 5th signee? I am sure that Brown will add a guy with Martin leaving.

It is going to be tough to play next year. Finally, depth and talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add a possible 5th signee? I am sure that Brown will add a guy with Martin leaving. - professor

If Brown has another scholarship, especially this late I wonder what he will do with it?

...A Big Guy

...An athletic 3 man

...A transfer who will sit out next year

...Just get the best available player

I hope Martin lands on his feet. He wouldn't have seen much playing time next year - I do think that if his footwork improves, he could be a solid role player somewhere.

Would be smart to look for another transfer - have him sit out for a year and become familiar with the program. Also, will be tougher to get a recruit in now - the good ones are probably taken or planning on attending prep school.

I thought during the year that Browns biggest mistake was not playing Martin more. The team was not winning games anyway and it could be said that they were exhausted at times. I don't think Martin was going to be a major contributor but he could be help off the bench and with more minutes he possibly could have improved or at least got comfortable on the floor and with the program.

Let's face it, this team can use every body it can get. Luck has not been kind in the injury area. If a couple go down next year we will wish Martin was available off the bench to plug a hole.

I wish Todd well. The story in today's TU says he is going to Chaffney College (JC) in Racho Cucamonga, CA and will then try to transfer to another DI school when he graduates next year. According to the story it's all playing-time related.

He seemed like a nice kid and I hope he does well now that he'll be closer to home.

TU Story.

Insiders has us looking at Clyde Hooks, a 6'7 JC small forward and Tom Conboy a 6'7 SF from Minnesota.

we'll see what is in the long term interest of the program ...

"Or I could carry (the scholarship) over to next year's recruiting class." Brown said a third option is to get a transfer from a high-level Division I school who would sit out next season.

good luck to Todd Martin ... unfortunate that he faces this roadbump in his academic/personal/athletic career ... as i've stated previously, he was extremely personable and generous with students/faculty during the visit by UA to our school ... best wishes and thanks