UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

27 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Jimbo mentioned her but there was woman in 204 that was so upset, I thought she'd go down on the field and try to strangle Gattuso. Even through her VERY FOUL mouth, it was obvious that what she was saying was true and the entire section unfortunately silently sat there and nodded their head. 

Yeah that lady was PISSED. I was not happy  but I wasn't throwing swears around lol.

Tailgate did feel light, I got there around 5, but being in the SEFCU lot, I assumed Dutch was a little more lively. Stadium seemed packed except the gold seats. 

Students had a good turnout for their first half. Their line to get in stretched through the game day experience area till the end of the first quarter. They should have tried to find a way to get them in faster, but I guess they didn't anticipate that turn out because of history.

Food service people in the game day area were pretty in prepared, but all in all a decent experience. 

Just now, godanesgo99 said:

Tailgate did feel light, I got there around 5, but being in the SEFCU lot, I assumed Dutch was a little more lively. Stadium seemed packed except the gold seats. 

Students had a good turnout for their first half. Their line to get in stretched through the game day experience area till the end of the first quarter. They should have tried to find a way to get them in faster, but I guess they didn't anticipate that turn out because of history.

Food service people in the game day area were pretty in prepared, but all in all a decent experience. 

Student trying to get in by the parking lot entrance were told to go around to the upper entrance. Pretty stupid IMO. Had 3 girls turned away right in front of me. This school continues to piss would be spectators off with stupid policies like that.

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

I sat two rows behind her...may be the maddest I've ever seen a woman get. 

She was great! Im pretty sure she was there last year and for some reason I think she's a parent from PA....could be wrong. At one point I leaned over and told Eli he was getting drowned out and so next time he just yelled "What she said!" All the fun folks are up in 204/205. My friend Ben, sitting next to me, is a parent of a former UA player and he was dropping F-Bombs left and right...although at low volume. 

9 minutes ago, jimbo said:

She was great! Im pretty sure she was there last year and for some reason I think she's a parent from PA....could be wrong. At one point I leaned over and told Eli he was getting drowned out and so next time he just yelled "What she said!" All the fun folks are up in 204/205. My friend Ben, sitting next to me, is a parent of a former UA player and he was dropping F-Bombs left and right...although at low volume. 

Yep similar experience in 204 and next section over, I think 203. Many of us are very angry and upset. I think next week is the last remaining chance to not lose this fan-base. 

All I keep thinking of is how this year was expected to be really good, GG even said we have more depth than ever, roster is stocked etc. It's been the complete opposite. No one could see this coming...what's going to change next year, nothing...same guy is still recruiting. Same guy who assembled this group.

Edited by Clickclack

23 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Hahah we really do have a great group. I think a vast majority of the FB fans on this forum are in that section of the stadium as a lot of us were season tickets holders when the stadium was getting built and had the ability to pick our seats and most people picked the 50yd line up top (IMO it's way better up there view wise than down below). I think some fans just try to maintain their anonymity and don't pipe up hah (no shame in it).

Love goin to games even if we suck. We have a pretty fun group in BB as well (sec. 200 in BB, first 5-10 rows) not sure how many of those folks are on here.

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, Michigan_Dane said:

Shouldn’t we sell out a home opener?  Meaning did we in prior years?

No

2013 - “8500” - Stadium opener

2014 - 6748

2015 - 6081

2016 - 8040 after the Buffalo win and a romp over URI

2017 - 6384

2018 - 6503

cant remember weather or other possible factors

2 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

No

2013 - “8500” - Stadium opener

2014 - 6748

2015 - 6081

2016 - 8040 after the Buffalo win and a romp over URI

2017 - 6384

2018 - 6503

cant remember weather or other possible factors

I think all of our openers, at least, have been nice days. I don't remember any that were wet or unseasonably cold. In fact, I wish all season long it was the weather we had this past weekend. What a beautiful evening to be out.

Much of this conversation should probably be in the Morgan State Thread instead of the URI thread, but I digress...

I am in 205 as well up front, and love my seats. I think they are way better than the gold seats below me. The only reason to go down there is beer in the seats, private concessions, and what look like comfy seats. Outside of that, I would much rather stay where I am now. It's fun to be able to pick out people from here there just by the comments you hear being yelled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1