UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

17 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Maybe take a moment and reflect on what MANY have written on this board in relation to your posting.  This post is the exact reason people get pissed off.

1- There are only 63 scholarships in Division 1 FCS

2- URI, for a FACT, has 58 fully funded scholarships and 10 of them are in-state.  You know how i know...because I actually know people that are in the Athletic Department at the highest levels.  Furthermore, it was discussed on T.V. during our game.  That difference does make a difference in depth.

Moreover, URI as down to 38 fully funded scholarships in 2013, which was to be their first year in the NEC.  The program didn't ramp back up to the 58 level until last year because, even as of 2015, their were talks of ending the program and adding hockey.  Up until they received a donation of $4 million two years ago...was the program considered "safe" for the time being...with upgrades to the stadium.  They are STILL rebuilding (per se) as their was a lot of doubt on the program staying alive.

Let's talking coaching.  URI has 7 full time coaches and 2 part time coaches.  Albany has 10 full time coaches and 3 part time coaches.  That makes a difference.

I am pretty sure that Fleming makes less than Gattuso, last time I asked (in 2017).  He has a base of around 185k and gets $50k guaranteed from their FBS game.  So, let's say he got a 5% raise last year (unlikely), he's making a base of approximately $194k, with 50k in additional guarantees.  That's $254k in an area with the cost of living is equal to Albany (maybe less if he's in Kingston).  Gattuso makes $271...and I don't know if that is complete with incentives...but I doubt it as he got a raise with the new contract and the original had a base of $230.

Let's talk about expenditures.  Albany spends a total of $4.8 million on the program, with $800k going to game day expenses.  URI spends a total of $4.5 in expenses, with $850k going to game day. So, with less dollars allocated to out-of-state scholarship costs, Albany is spending "net" more than URI on football when you take game day expenses out of the base.

URI plays in an absolute dump.  We play in a comparative palace, aside from our abysmal locker rooms.  Yes, the lockeroom issue is an issue for Albany and recruiting.  

One year is an aberration...two years...and URI has eaten our lunch.  

I am far from one to give up on a season...but right now URI has proven a hell of a lot more...with a lot less...this season.  Stop behaving like Baghdad Bob with the intimation that 5 scholarships less than Albany means nothing. However, let me accept your argument for a second.  If it doesn't matter, then would you agree that our coaching staff hasn't done a quality job with either game day coaching and / or recruiting; that's the only plausible explanation as to why URI has fared better than us this season?  It's the only reasonable explanation that you can be left with if you cancel the arguments out.

I was merely pointing out your mistake in the numbers.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Seems URI is much better than anyone thought!!!

10 hours ago, Dane96 said:

You mean you were pointing out my non-mistake in numbers?

I apologize for having the wrong number -  a typing mistake on my part.  FBS teams are allowed a maximum of 85 players receiving athletically based aid per year, with each player allowed to receive up to a full scholarship. FCS teams have the same 85-player limit as FBS teams, but are only allowed to give aid equivalent to 63 full scholarships. FCS teams are allowed to award partial scholarships, a practice technically allowed but essentially never used at the FBS level -  the fact that they have "fully funded" 58 makes no sense [and doesn't mean they are not allowed the same number as everyone else - THAT was the point] BUT if  that is true it means as I said they are better than everyone in the league thought - they were picked last.  So WHAT - I am still tired of the attitude of all the guys on here who know nothing about coaching and want to attack, [even big mouths at games - I yell as much as anybody at the coaches and the players BUT I do not attack them at the games or on threads - I was horse after the game last night].  Calling me names does NOT change that.  The amount the coach makes has nothing whatever to do with the issues.  Nothing!   We have beaten NH two years in a row, does that mean they suck?  Or their coaches are terrible?  Schools have other schools number for WHATEVER reason  - you MUST know this.  Look at Syracuse, Florida yesterday - numerous comments about that exact issue!  Comparing one school to another makes no sense at all - every school has different issues.  AND it doesn't add to the constant negativity since it has nothing to do with the issues. 

I have not commented on Morgan State thread at all and will not - I have read many of the nonsensical comments - some I agree with BUT I still will not make crazy attacks.  I am not happy either, but constantly attacking the coaches doesn't help.   The passing game last night was clearly the QB, he was overthrowing most long passes [he under threw a few too] of the night.  The coach does not throw the ball??!!  I do agree they should have started throwing shorter passes - AND THEY DID. Dev's 88 yd touchdown was a 15 yd or so pass.  Still the coach does not throw the ball.  Hope folks noticed that there were changes on the O line last night.  The coaches clearly saw the need for a change AND they did a relatively good job protecting VT on the large % of plays.  The D got to him a few times. Mofar is still running better than Hanks.   They need to do more play action too.  My concern is that some of these guys merely attack so they can attack, have little background or experience in coaching and do not notice the changes they are making in attempting to move forward.  All is NOT negative during these games.  It is hard for me to believe that Morgan State is 0-3.  They are a better team than that - great QB and running backs.

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I am still tired of the attitude of all the guys on here who know nothing about coaching and want to attack, [even big mouths at games - I yell as much as anybody at the coaches and the players BUT I do not attack them at the games or on threads - I was horse after the game last night].  Calling me names does NOT change that.  

Big mouths? Screw you dude. Your buddy Gattuso is a freakin idiot. Did you see the play calling last night? I absolutely could have called a better game. Where were the slants? The play action? The counters? The delays? The curls? He had three plays...the bomb, the dive and the occasional pass to the flat. 

Get the hell outa here with your "I know more than anyone nonsense". You are a nobody. And I will yell whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want to yell it. Including "Fire HOFs BFF Gattuso!" (you'll hear it at some point this coming Saturday so stay tuned). 

Weren't you leaving? We're waiting...

Edited by Eli

1 minute ago, Eli said:

Big mouths? Screw you dude. Your buddy Gattuso is a freakin idiot. Did you see the play calling last night? I absolutely could have called a better game. Where were the slants? The play action? The counters? The delays? The curls? He had three plays...the bomb, the dive and the occasional pass to the flat. 

Get the hell outa here with your "I know more than anyone nonsense". You are a nobody. And I will yell whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want to yell it. Including "Fire HOFs BFF Gattuso!" (you'll hear it at some point this coming Saturday so stay tuned). 

Weren't you leaving? Why you still here? 

We are still all Dane fans... Right? Hopefully his bff makes us all eat our words, but I doubt it. 

I apologize for having the wrong number -  a typing mistake on my part.  FBS teams are allowed a maximum of 85 players receiving athletically based aid per year, with each player allowed to receive up to a full scholarship. FCS teams have the same 85-player limit as FBS teams, but are only allowed to give aid equivalent to 63 full scholarships. FCS teams are allowed to award partial scholarships, a practice technically allowed but essentially never used at the FBS level -  the fact that they have "fully funded" 58 makes no sense [and doesn't mean they are not allowed the same number as everyone else - THAT was the point] BUT if  that is true it means as I said they are better than everyone in the league thought - they were picked last.  So WHAT - I am still tired of the attitude of all the guys on here who know nothing about coaching and want to attack, [even big mouths at games - I yell as much as anybody at the coaches and the players BUT I do not attack them at the games or on threads - I was horse after the game last night].  Calling me names does NOT change that.  The amount the coach makes has nothing whatever to do with the issues.  Nothing!   We have beaten NH two years in a row, does that mean they suck?  Or their coaches are terrible?  Schools have other schools number for WHATEVER reason  - you MUST know this.  Look at Syracuse, Florida yesterday - numerous comments about that exact issue!  Comparing one school to another makes no sense at all - every school has different issues.  AND it doesn't add to the constant negativity since it has nothing to do with the issues. 

I have not commented on Morgan State thread at all and will not - I have read many of the nonsensical comments - some I agree with BUT I still will not make crazy attacks.  I am not happy either, but constantly attacking the coaches doesn't help.   The passing game last night was clearly the QB, he was overthrowing most long passes [he under threw a few too] of the night.  The coach does not throw the ball??!!  I do agree they should have started throwing shorter passes - AND THEY DID. Dev's 88 yd touchdown was a 15 yd or so pass.  Still the coach does not throw the ball.  Hope folks noticed that there were changes on the O line last night.  The coaches clearly saw the need for a change AND they did a relatively good job protecting VT on the large % of plays.  The D got to him a few times. Mofar is still running better than Hanks.   They need to do more play action too.  My concern is that some of these guys merely attack so they can attack, have little background or experience in coaching and do not notice the changes they are making in attempting to move forward.  All is NOT negative during these games.  It is hard for me to believe that Morgan State is 0-3.  They are a better team than that - great QB and running backs.

Lol... Morgan St is a really bad team. Wait till they go up against caa squads again. I highly doubt they get even one caa win. 

For all the talk of your experience and how well you know the game you have remarkable little to offer as to actual analysis or where the problems are. They gave up 300 yards or close to it in the first half yesterday and yet somehow your know-it all attitude doesn't allow you to break down what you saw. Probably because even you can't find a single positive thing to say about this $ienaty team assembled by this helpless coach who after the gravy train at UA stops will never coach football again. The problems start on recruiting trail, what you see is the result of Gattuso blowing 2 or 3 recruiting cycles in a row. His only saving grace is that Benson was STUPID enough to extend him. 

There is little doubt that had he not been extended there is a 99% chance he would be fired in 2 months. That's the truth and you know it. His record is abysmal and program is cratering. But you go ahead and continue to find solace in all the good you are seeing. In fact so much positives you apparently can't even find word to describe it. And yes, if you remove the Gattuso glasses, pretty much everything is a giant mess on both sides of the ball. 

WAKE UP... you are a Greg Gattuso fan, the rest of us are hurting for this once proud program run into the ground. This coaching staff is a disgrace and an abject failure. It will become more apparent with each passing game. I predict you'll dissappear as it will be to uncomfortable for you here. Wouldnt be surprised to learn you are part of his immediate family or something. There is nothing positive to say about this season... Zero... And yet you keep making a fool of yourself with your empty bluster about how you are the only one that knows what's going on and the rest of us are fools. 

Even this stupid coach was shrugging his shoulders half the night lost and out of ideas... This will end one way, him fired and he and Bernard dragged/thrown off campus. Only question is when. 

Edited by Clickclack

HOF2013, here’s what I don’t get: CLEARLY VT was struggling early and often. Is the game plan so inflexible that they can’t change to a run heavy play calling scheme with short passes and dump offs? You know, to get some confidence back for the QB and some offensive rhythm. UA was never out of this game so why all the desperation deep throws? Who was at the controls Saturday night? Was it GG? Was it Davis? I can’t yell because my voice leaves me after one shout so I save my comments for here. Despite the beautiful pick play(rub?) on the slant to Holmes to save their bacon, the pass game was awful. It’s up to the coaches to work with what they have and adjust the play calling to what they are seeing from the QB and the flow of the game. Any competent D1 QB could have hit a wide open Holmes running across the middle. I’m with the group that says they’ve never been more deflated after a win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eli said:

Weren't you leaving? We're waiting...

Blah, blah, blah ~~  HE! HE! HE!  I was waiting for your response and KNEW what it would be.  Attacking me doesn't help your position - typically with most folks it means they have no other answers but to scream and attack. BTW  I have only met Gatusso three or four times!  Certainly not my buddy. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

HOF2013, here’s what I don’t get: CLEARLY VT was struggling early and often. Is the game plan so inflexible that they can’t change to a run heavy play calling scheme with short passes and dump offs? You know, to get some confidence back for the QB and some offensive rhythm. UA was never out of this game so why all the desperation deep throws? Who was at the controls Saturday night? Was it GG? Was it Davis? I can’t yell because my voice leaves me after one shout so I save my comments for here. Despite the beautiful pick play(rub?) on the slant to Holmes to save their bacon, the pass game was awful. It’s up to the coaches to work with what they have and adjust the play calling to what they are seeing from the QB and the flow of the game. Any competent D1 QB could have hit a wide open Holmes running across the middle. I’m with the group that says they’ve never been more deflated after a win. 

As I said - I agreed with what you say about VT AND the throwing down field and I voiced as much during the game too [ and as I also said they saw the same thing and started throwing shorter passes too]  OBVIOUSLY the OC is (was) in control, sets the game plan with the Off assistants and gets input and approval from the head coach but it is the OC, [and the DC on the Def game plan]  Coach G did talk to him on the sidelines and I am sure during 1/2 time. [and they started throwing shorter passes].  You are correct that they have to be quicker to change during the game as the game progresses and situations call for it.  They have been slow to do so and we all hope they change how they do this.   BTW in one of the interviews last week Coach G did say he had spent time with the Def line on their play during practice.  Looks like he is being more hands on with the def. line than in the past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Lol... Morgan St is a really bad team. Wait till they go up against caa squads again. I highly doubt they get even one caa win. 

For all the talk of your experience and how well you know the game you have remarkable little to offer as to actual analysis or where the problems are. They gave up 300 yards or close to it in the first half yesterday and yet somehow your know-it all attitude doesn't allow you to break down what you saw. Probably because even you can't find a single positive thing to say about this $ienaty team assembled by this helpless coach who after the gravy train at UA stops will never coach football again. The problems start on recruiting trail, what you see is the result of Gattuso blowing 2 or 3 recruiting cycles in a row. His only saving grace is that Benson was STUPID enough to extend him. 

There is little doubt that had he not been extended there is a 99% chance he would be fired in 2 months. That's the truth and you know it. His record is abysmal and program is cratering. But you go ahead and continue to find solace in all the good you are seeing. In fact so much positives you apparently can't even find word to describe it. And yes, if you remove the Gattuso glasses, pretty much everything is a giant mess on both sides of the ball. 

WAKE UP... you are a Greg Gattuso fan, the rest of us are hurting for this once proud program run into the ground. This coaching staff is a disgrace and an abject failure. It will become more apparent with each passing game. I predict you'll dissappear as it will be to uncomfortable for you here. Wouldnt be surprised to learn you are part of his immediate family or something. There is nothing positive to say about this season... Zero... And yet you keep making a fool of yourself with your empty bluster about how you are the only one that knows what's going on and the rest of us are fools. 

Even this stupid coach was shrugging his shoulders half the night lost and out of ideas... This will end one way, him fired and he and Bernard dragged/thrown off campus. Only question is when. 

Not anyone's fan.  Just don't like the constant attacking.  Unless you actually played for the school you do NOT have more to be proud of or upset about or personally at stake than I do; so stop the soap box nonsense.   If I decide not to continue to comment it is because I dislike engaging folks who do nothing but complain and are negative.  It is usually people who have little or no knowledge and do not know how to engage who start calling names and screaming, like you and your buddies....  I have had several of you folks tell me that you never played or coached so your argument is mute!!   Enough.  If you chose to TALK about what is going on without constant attacks of the coaches and the program and what changes you think should be made fine we can engage.  If not I will no longer engage with you.  

Not anyone's fan.  Just don't like the constant attacking.  Unless you actually played for the school you do NOT have more to be proud of or upset about or personally at stake than I do; so stop the soap box nonsense.   If I decide not to continue to comment it is because I dislike engaging folks who do nothing but complain and are negative.  It is usually people who have little or no knowledge and do not know how to engage who start calling names and screaming, like you and your buddies....  I have had several of you folks tell me that you never played or coached so your argument is mute!!   Enough.  If you chose to TALK about what is going on without constant attacks of the coaches and the program and what changes you think should be made fine we can engage.  If not I will no longer engage with you.  

So if we haven't played or coached we can't comment on what we see...got it. LMAO....in the meantime, you have made no cogent argument as to why this man shouldn't be fired post-haste. You've provided no explanation or reasoning as to why this roster is so talent-less,  recruiting cycles have been wasted, with each passing year the program losses more and more games, the product is CLEARLY getting worse every year, there is no plan, there is no vision, just throwing whatever scraps they can find at the wall and hope they stick; this is all obvious to anyone who isn't so deeply embedded up Gattutos ass you may as well check for polyps while you're up there. 

I've been very clear for going on 2 years now that I don't believe this man is fit to lead the UAlbany football program. I was probably the very first person who was incensed on these boards about the extension that Benson gave this man while you spun like a top making excuses for Gattuso. And yet here we are...your excuses and blind faith in a coach who is a loser at UA (check record) have fallen flat on their face. You continue to tell us how you know the game and the rest of us don't as Gattuso continues to make you look like a fool every time he leads UA onto the field. At some point you'd think you would just pipe down instead of continuing to embarrass yourself with your bluster but NO...you just keep digging.  I've been upset a very long time about my perception that the recruiting has been very poor, case in point; how this man hasn't been able to find a quarterback to lead this program for a HALF A DECADE. After the debacle Saturday, I'm not sure now if VT has it or not. Of course the coaching staff did him no favors continuing OVER AND OVER AND OVER RUN the same deep sideline throw for HOURS! You kept making excuses for this offensive line last year, they are young, blah blah blah...never-mind that it's HIS responsibility to recruit depth etc. It doesn't take 5 years to build depth that is at least serviceable. While the O line has been better this year after the disaster last year they still ABSOLUTELY STINK for this level. On the defensive side of the ball, the drop-off has been horrendous, D line can't get any pressure, QB's lining up as LB show just how HORRIBLE the recruiting is. Fords kids aged out of the roster, DC left and the bottom has fallen out. 

In the meantime, here are some numbers for you...

- Scoring offense is 10th in the CAA at 21ppg

- Rushing offensive is 10th and running for 78 yards a game

- Scoring defense is ranked dead last at 12th giving up 35ppg

- Rushing defense 10th, giving up 175 yards a game - so they give up 100 more yards on the ground than they gain

- The are ranked for dead last at 11 for turnover margin

- They are ranked dead last in defensive pass efficiency (can't stop a nose bleed)

- They are ranked 10th in rushing defense - meaning at the point of attack they can't stop the run. In other words it's a free for all for the opposing OC's we are brutal at both run and pass defense so pretty much the entire playbook is open for the opposition. 

- UA QB has been sacked 10 times, good for 10th worst...meaning offensive line sucks

- Our red-zone offense is ranked 10th, our red-zone defense is ranked 9th

People keep saying the offense isn't a problem, it's the defense. I'll put it forward that it's pretty much a mess everywhere. The numbers don't lie. 

- The offensive line can't open up any running lanes and giving up lots of sacks

- The defensive line can't get any stops, limited penetration, the corners and safeties are equally adrift. I'd actually argue that the defensive line is somewhat OK especially when contrasted against the rest of the units, the huge problem I see are with REALLY bad LB's and pretty much non-existent corner and safety play. The LB's in particular are INCREDIBLY SLOW, the QB from Morgan St. was outrunning them all game. Couple that with the fact that they can't tackle and everything is an arm tackle and these are the results you get. Anyone that can manage to get past the line of scrimage is almost guaranteed to go for a big gain. 

So again, there are MANY problems here, up and down the sideline, field, recruiting trail etc. The pieces don't mesh and unfortunately there is ZERO indication that Greg Gattuso can pull himself out of this tail spin. So you can keep attacking and dismissing everyone who hasn't played but at some point even you will need to come to grips with the grim reality staring you in the face. 

This is a very very bad football team and I fear this isn't the bottom. What I want is very simple...

- Greg Gattuso to take CLEAR responsibility for the results on the field. That does NOT mean saying that next week will REALLY be his game plan only to go out and completely $iena your diaper, that does NOT mean that you throw your young offensive line under the bus as an excuse last year. This is one of my biggest issues with him; as it pertains to him as the HC of this team, he is a coward through and through. 

- I want him to be brutally honest with himself, the fans and team on why recruiting has been so horrendous, that may include at the end of the season firing staff who are responsible for this. 

- I want him to without delay fire the defensive coordinator and best friend Bernard. Leave Dudzinsky to sink or swim on his own. No matter where you stick Bernard, whatever he's involved with goes to complete $iena. Right now they are a house divided with multiple coaches that share the defensive coordinator title. Who's making the defensive calls. 

- Gattuso needs to let Davis run the play call, first two games the play call was MUCH better with a nice mix than Gattuso made his now famous proclamation that this week would really be his game plan and we saw a return to the horrible play calls of last 2+ years. I don't know for a fact but it leaves me to believe that he has neutered Joe Davis. 

- I know I won't get this one but I want Benson to answer for why he extended a losing coach. I don't think there is ANYONE that would make the argument that had Gattoso NOT been extended, there is virtually NO CHANCE he is brought back. Benson needs to answer for this colossal mistake in offering that extension. 

Bottom line: Right now everyone is washing their hands of this mess, from the AD all the way down...no one is willing to say it's on me to fix this mess. There is NO accountability and when there is no accountability there can't possible be a plan to fix because everyone thinks it's not their fault. 

#FirePatsosWithAFootball

Edited by Clickclack

Blah, blah, blah ~~  HE! HE! HE!  I was waiting for your response and KNEW what it would be.  Attacking me doesn't help your position - typically with most folks it means they have no other answers but to scream and attack. BTW  I have only met Gatusso three or four times!  Certainly not my buddy. 

It is usually people who have little or no knowledge and do not know how to engage who start calling names and screaming, like you and your buddies....  I have had several of you folks tell me that you never played or coached so your argument is mute!!   Enough.  If you chose to TALK about what is going on without constant attacks of the coaches and the program and what changes you think should be made fine we can engage.  If not I will no longer engage with you.  

[TL;DR below]

Attacking you? I'm calling it how I see it. If you see it as an attack, perhaps you should log off and seek a safe space or dog to pet. I just got a new kitten...would you like to come over and play with him a bit?

"They have no other answers but to scream and attack"

Are you blind, deaf or both? You clearly haven't read the suggestions on here (blind) or heard 205 screaming answers all game (deaf). I'm not saying that the sideline hears us from up in 205 but the proof is in the pudding...the things suggested by us UA diehards when actually done almost always result in positive things happening. So tell me, who doesn't know what they are talking about and who has no answers? Certainly isn't the posters on this board or the folks sitting in 205 (and likely other sections) and seems to be the coaching staff from where I sit. But Gattuso has the balls to tell me in an email to shove my opinion up my rear end and that he'll coach how he wants to coach (when his UA record is 22-26 at UA, 11-22 vs CAA...EDIT: See Click's stats above for further proof in his ineptitude)? I guess if you want to be out a job in a few years, keep doing you Greg.

My posts and posts of others over the last few weeks have had several suggestions and answers to what aisles the team (including the post you just responded too). Your posts are all 'rainbows and unicorns', 'positivity', etc. You have yet to break down any plays or schemes and provide an explanation for why certain things were run in x y or z situation. You have yet to provide an answer on why we threw the ball so much last game. You have yet to make any suggestions on what plays would be better in certain situations. All you do is argue about scholarship numbers, post recruit info and tell everyone they don't know anything (without actually showing you know anything yourself).

So because GG talked to the coach at half-time or visited with the defensive line during practice we should just pretend like he is doing EVERYTHING possible to fix this? That is **** he should be doing every day of every year...not only when the going gets tough or when the team is losing at half-time or what not. Does he have control of his program or not? Stop making such stupid and ridiculous excuses for him.

-----------------

TL;DR:

UA Diehards at games or on the forum = legitimate suggestions that when actually executed in game almost always yield positive results
HOF2013 = hot air, rainbows and unicorns, positivity for the sake of positivity, etc.

I have zero reservations about my posts and couldn't care less if they offend you or not.

Edited by Eli

24 minutes ago, Eli said:

[TL;DR below]

Attacking you? I'm calling it how I see it. If you see it as an attack, perhaps you should log off and seek a safe space or dog to pet. I just got a new kitten...would you like to come over and play with him a bit?

"They have no other answers but to scream and attack"

Are you blind, deaf or both? You clearly haven't read the suggestions on here (blind) or heard 205 screaming answers all game (deaf). I'm not saying that the sideline hears us from up in 205 but the proof is in the pudding...the things suggested by those UA diehards when actually done almost always result in positive things happening. So tell me, who doesn't know what they are talking about and who has no answers? Certainly isn't the posters on this board or the folks sitting in 205 (and likely other sections) and seems to be the coaching staff from where I sit. But Gattuso has the balls to tell me in an email to shove my opinion up my rear end and that he'll coach how he wants to coach (when his UA record is 22-26 at UA, 11-22 vs CAA)? I guess if you want to be out a job in a few years, keep doing you Greg.

My posts and posts of others over the last few weeks have had several suggestions and answers to what aisles the team (including the post you just responded too). Your posts are all 'rainbows and unicorns', 'positivity', etc. You have yet to break down any plays or schemes and provide an explanation for why certain things were run in x y or z situation. You have yet to provide an answer on why we threw the ball so much last game. You have yet to make any suggestions on what plays would be better in certain situations. All do you is argue about scholarship numbers, post recruit info and tell everyone they don't know anything (without actually showing you know anything yourself).

So because GG talked to the coach at half-time or visited with the defensive line during practice we should just pretend like he is doing EVERYTHING possible to fix this? That is **** he should be doing every day of every year...not only when the going gets tough or when the team is losing at half-time or what not. Does he have control of his program or not? Stupid making such ridiculous excuses for him.

-----------------

TL;DR:

UA Diehards at games or on the forum = legitimate suggestions that when actually executed in game almost always yield positive results
HOF2013 = hot air, rainbows and unicorns, positivity for the sake of positivity, etc.

I have zero reservations about my posts and couldn't care less if they offend you or not.

I'm off the opinion that he doesn't have to listen to a single one of us...it's his job to lose so he can tell you or me to screw off...however, that will not insulate him from criticism he deserves. To suggest that we can't criticize him because we haven't played football is to absolutely asinine. So in other words, just keep donating and buying tickets and then enjoy whatever $iena gets shoveled your way and pretend it's heavenly manna. 

We the fans are novices, I've heard it posted a few times that he needs to listen to us, if he's listening to the fans he's already SCREWED. He does this for a living, he doesn't need advise from section 205 or any other section. If he is this stupid where he doesn't see what's wrong with this team than why is he the head coach?

Pick up knitting! Or dog breeding...

Edited by Clickclack

I know I've said a lot already but for me leaving on Saturday, one of the most disheartening things was fans all around me shaking their head. Even in a win, it felt to me like everyone came and saw with their own two eyes how bad of a team this is. And while we cheered for the kids especially the few good moments, the comments all around me were people coming to grips with the reality that this may be our best chance at a win all season. Jimbo mentioned her but there was woman in 204 that was so upset, I thought she'd go down on the field and try to strangle Gattuso. Even through her VERY FOUL mouth, it was obvious that what she was saying was true and the entire section unfortunately silently sat there and nodded their head. 

There is no easy fix here folks because there is no chance Gattoso is let go in the next 3+ years...and the track record shows that he doesn't know what he's doing. This extension reflects extremely poorly on Benson, it may be time to seriously consider if he's the right guy for this job. 

This realization really stings...

Edited by Clickclack

Dude, stop. You played for UA so you are more invested? Just stop. The rest of us probably attended UA, many of us played other sports, or tried to play other sports. Many of us are donors or corporate donors.

As you push your holier than though attitude, remember this article about the top coaches that never played college football. There are way more than 10, but some of these names are pretty big.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2038878-top-10-college-football-head-coaches-who-never-played.amp.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had 15 tickets for the game.  12 if us showed so I ate the other 3 tickets.

Tailgating was a lot of fun but very thinly attended.  A few people attended toward the end.  We started tailgating at 4.  My uncle rolled in with catering level service so props to him.

Same experience for the game.  I thought attendance was light at first but by the first beer run there was a line.  That could be because a single worker was manning the bar.  

The weather was awesome.  The play on the field was poor.  Based on prior experience I’d say it was a B- experience.

Part of my attendance is to be a foundation.  If people like me do not attend why should others from the “Bubba Alumni” as James Carvel referred to non LSU grad fans of the program.

It’s my annual trip.  Glad I did it.  Lots of fun but some missed opportunities by the University.  I wanted to buy anything marked UA and it was challenging to do at times.