UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #11: 11/17/18 - 3:30pm - vs Stony Brook

Not to be a buzzkill, but UA shut out a playoff bound UNH team in the last game of 2017, then came out and laid an egg for 2018. Exciting win and great for the kids, but it changes little. Hopefully Undecuffler is the real deal and he and the team can build off of that. Mofor has been the more effective runner in 2018, so he will be back. The top receivers are back. So maybe, just maybe, but I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

Motto be a buzzkill, but UA shut out a playoff bound UNH team in the last game of 2017, then came out and laid an egg for 2018. Exciting win and great for the kids, but it changes little. Hopefully Undecuffler is the real deal and he and the team can build off of that. Mofor has been he more effective runner in 2018, so he will be back. The top receivers are back. So maybe, just maybe, but I’ll believe it when I see it. 

I will be there starting August 29 to find out

5 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Motto be a buzzkill, but UA shut out a playoff bound UNH team in the last game of 2017, then came out and laid an egg for 2018. Exciting win and great for the kids, but it changes little. Hopefully Undecuffler is the real deal and he and the team can build off of that. Mofor has been he more effective runner in 2018, so he will be back. The top receivers are back. So maybe, just maybe, but I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Exactly, this only means something if they follow up and show positive growth next season. And please... Let's stop moving the goalposts and telling us how they are close that's what was said last year and they  won one caa game by the skin of their teeth. 

Just shut up and recruit your arse off... Have a good off season and show something. This should provide VERY LITTLE relief for gg and staff. The temp on his hot seat is still a roaring fire... 

Edited by Clickclack

I went over to the Times Union online version just a couple minutes ago to check out any story line they might have on the tremendous football victory or the men's basketball game. There's nothing. I expected little news about the away Canisius game, but I expected a decent write-up on football since it was played at Casey Stadium. But of course there was a nice story about Siena's victory over little Norfolk State. Why? Of course, my question is rhetoric

al.

Edited by olddog71

7 hours ago, olddog71 said:

I went over to the Times Union online version just a couple minutes ago to check out any story line they might have on the tremendous football victory or the men's basketball game. There's nothing. I expected little news about the away Canisius game, but I expected a decent write-up on football since it was played at Casey Stadium. But of course there was a nice story about Siena's victory over little Norfolk State. Why? Of course, my question is rhetoric

al.

Um

"Nice story" and "$iena victory" don't go together. 😋 You won't see me wasting my time reading that garbage .

And like you , no surprise the coverage of the local University teams was inadequate. 

Great game to be at.

Glad I was there to the end 

30 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

The view of the game from Newsday Long Island:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-stumbles-in-regular-season-finale-1.23528957

The loss was so devastating to the team that members were not made available to the press after the game.

I can imagine. They basically completely blew their playoff chances away.

20 minutes ago, Eli said:

I can imagine. They basically completely blew their playoff chances away.

Maybe not. AGS is talking about four to six teams from the CAA in the playoffs. They still have a shot.

But leaving the game I thought this was so much like the Hooley game - Stony Brook was crowing and all set to rush the field - and then they weren’t. Only difference was that we didn’t get a tournament spot out of it.

• Thanks 1