UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

GLAD he is back!  Some as is your right seem to question whether he helps this team or not. He had 50 goals and 32 assists as a freshman; 3g & 1a so far this year in limited time and under trying circumstances. IMHO I want him and think the team needs and benefits with him in the line-up. Agreed sometimes he holds the ball too long and sometimes he lets his temper get in his way; but the O in general has been error prone, careless with the ball and passing. And given the beating he takes and the ref's seem too disproportionately allow, I'm not sure being aggressive back is such a bad thing.  

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

GLAD he is back!  Some as is your right seem to question whether he helps this team or not. He had 50 goals and 32 assists as a freshman; 3g & 1a so far this year in limited time and under trying circumstances. IMHO I want him and think the team needs and benefits with him in the line-up. Agreed sometimes he holds the ball too long and sometimes he lets his temper get in his way; but the O in general has been error prone, careless with the ball and passing. And given the beating he takes and the ref's seem too disproportionately allow, I'm not sure being aggressive back is such a bad thing.  

Holding it too long is annoying, cause on TV we see the double and triple teaming coming and I am yelling at the TV "get rid of ittttt".  Hey, if they pay that much attention to him and he can get it to Patterson or Eccles, they could score dozens each.  

• Like 1

Freakin BS. I'm tired of Benson. I don't care if it was not politically correct...Marr nailed it. The NCAA and their rules on what players can/can't do off the playing surface sucks. Way to throw your own coach, who has taken this program to it's absolute highest heights, under the bus. 

#FireBenson

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm an anarchist (or something) when it comes to social conventions like 'political correctness' (I have to try really hard at work and in life sometimes to not flip a lid and say something that I absolutely know will offend people) but when it comes to stuff like this, more people should let the NCAA have it so they know how stupid they are. Benson should have came out guns blazing to back up Marr...IMO. But he ain't got no spine, that much we know. So instead, Marr gets publicly reprimanded. 

The NCAA is okay making money off of players, but when players try to do ANYTHING that might make them $0.01, the NCAA is against it. For example, look at the lawsuit brought on by former players who's likeness was used in NCAA football and basketball video games. No game has been made in years because of the litigation. Who does that hurt? Well, the players for one as the NCAA and EA Sports made money off of them but the players got none of it and the fans (me) who enjoyed those games, building dynasties, taking UA to the top, etc.

I'm behind Marr 1000000000% on this.

51 minutes ago, Eli said:

It should never have been an issue...who noticed it is irrelevant. Players can't tag a business in a social media post? Ridiculous. 

It does matter because he did that numerous times last year and nothing happened. 

9 hours ago, UA'08 said:

I think there has to be more to this story than him just tagging a lacrosse stringing company. I do notice the one poster who has semi insider information has not commented on this thread

If you are talking about me I haven't heard anything other than what Coach Marr said and the stories in the paper. We knew something was up pre game at Cornell, but I just thought Tehoka was hurt.

27 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

If you are talking about me I haven't heard anything other than what Coach Marr said and the stories in the paper. We knew something was up pre game at Cornell, but I just thought Tehoka was hurt.

I was, but even if you did know more I wasn’t expecting you to post any info anyway. 

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

I was, but even if you did know more I wasn’t expecting you to post any info anyway. 

Honestly haven't even heard any rumors about anything.

This is pure speculation, but it feels like the real story is the internal friction between coaches, compliance, and the AD. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Honestly haven't even heard any rumors about anything.

This is pure speculation, but it feels like the real story is the internal friction between coaches, compliance, and the AD. 

Agreed. That's what I believe as well. The fact that he's made posts like this all last year there has to be more to it.