UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

13 hours ago, Eli said:

Freakin BS. I'm tired of Benson. I don't care if it was not politically correct...Marr nailed it. The NCAA and their rules on what players can/can't do off the playing surface sucks. Way to throw your own coach, who has taken this program to it's absolute highest heights, under the bus. 

#FireBenson

One time I actually agree with you Eli!  I am so fed up with the Politically correct BS!

36 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Honestly haven't even heard any rumors about anything.

This is pure speculation, but it feels like the real story is the internal friction between coaches, compliance, and the AD. 

Always been a problem with UA and THOSe folks!  Other school get away with al kinds of crap and our Ath Dept turns our own kids in [because of the NCAA rule].  I am sick of the PC of this group.  Coach Marr, if you ever read this.  WE are all behind you!

• Like 1

I cannot comment on whether self reporting was appropriate and required and a public rebuke by Benson was warranted however; I am aware of growing rift between coaches and the sports administration (Benson).  People at games have talked about the rift whether it's a fall, winter or spring sports and men or women's sports. The accumulating situations are a huge concern.  I feel  my attachment to the Great Danes slipping away after 48 years.   My feeling it's about politics and money.

Benson throws great coach under the bus.
Benson gives terrible FB coach a massive extension.
Benson seemingly is doing diddly squat in giving one of our other best coaches the resources to win while the rest of the conference is upgrading facilities.
Benson and his team has failed on multiple occasions to communicate game day policies to fans adequately.
SEFCU Arena naming rights expired 2-3 years ago and we still have no new deal or new sponsor.
Benson and the ath. administration are under investigation for the Title issues.

Where is McElroy at? He still down the road at Union or wherever? Someone get him on the phone stat!

If Coach Marr gets fed up enough and decided he doesn't want to work for Benson...how far back will that set our program? Will we get another great coach easily? Or will it be tough?

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Eli said:

Benson seemingly is doing diddly squat in giving one of our other best coaches the resources to win while the rest of the conference is upgrading facilities.
Benson and his team has failed on multiple occasions to communicate game day policies to fans adequately.
SEFCU Arena naming rights expired 2-3 years ago and we still have no new deal or new sponsor.
Benson and the ath. administration are under investigation for the Title issues.

Where is McElroy at? He still down the road at Union or wherever? Someone get him on the phone stat!

If Coach Marr gets fed up enough and decided he doesn't want to work for Benson...how far back will that set our program? Will we get another great coach easily? Or will it be tough?

Eli GREAT assessment/post. Maybe this conversation needs to be moved to General Danes Stuff. As cw pointed out, there has been other high level and successful coaches threatened by Benson. Maybe nothing or maybe  just the usual administration-coaches-players knocking heads and purposes. But as you point out, Benson seems to be falling short in many areas.  

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

High level recruits stop going to UA without Marr!

I do not necessarily agree.  Another top coach would likely come in who has connections for recruiting.   It depends more on the PAY than the ability to get a top coach I think.  None of us wants to go there though.  let's be positive about Coach Marr. 

5 hours ago, statefan said:

According to our @GardnerCBS6, Tehoka Nanticoke took an errant shot to the face on Friday during practice. Could explain his absence in the @UAlbanyMLax / @TerpsMLax game.

That's  what we heard in the stands  BUT>>>>>

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-loses-while-Nanticoke-13676317.php

Edited by HOF2013

On 3/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, Eli said:

Is McElroy the answer?  I think his time has come and gone.  Oh by the way he is at Rensselaer...

Edited by cwdickens
Correction

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

He's gone after the season. 

Is our only good or promising program the men's basketball team? Lax is falling off the face of the earth and seemingly pushing its prized recruit out the door. 

Oy vey...

6 hours ago, Eli said:

Is our only good or promising program the men's basketball team? Lax is falling off the face of the earth and seemingly pushing its prized recruit out the door. 

Oy vey...

Watching this year seems to underscore that Tehoka may be as much as  divider as apositive on the team right now>>  https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-loses-while-Nanticoke-13676317.php     AND the Chemistry and flow seem to suffer whenhe plays.  Just saying.

50 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Watching this year seems to underscore that Tehoka may be as much as  divider as apositive on the team right now>>  https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-loses-while-Nanticoke-13676317.php     AND the Chemistry and flow seem to suffer whenhe plays.  Just saying.

Right now that seems to be the trend. It could change. Maybe his effort is not there in practice? Maybe the coaches are seeing something on the game tape that troubles them? Maybe they just feel the chemistry right now is better without him, which is weird because of the talent he has but very possible. 

Eli, I don't think this team is falling off the face of the earth. I think if they play like they played against Cornell and Maryland against AE teams they win most of the games in conference. But if the team that played umass shows up, they are in trouble in conference play. 

57 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

So no mention from Marr that Tehoka was hit in the head in practice in this article.  So that was a ruse I guess .