UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Times Union - "UAlbany Danes hit Division I milestone"

alumni '92'

I'm gonna re-post what I wrote on my twitter (@jrmua84 if anyone wants to follow me):

Amazing considering UA was begging for $$$, while Stony Brook basically got blank checks from certain state reps. If basketball is to have sustained success, SEFCU needs to be upgraded. All the rivals are doing it. UA can’t spend years begging for $, or they will be left behind.

• Like 2

I was driving home from FL the other day and kept seeing the lotto billboards for $127M and day dreamed about the day I win the lotto and give UA a blank check for the baddest most impressive 6-7,000 fan arena on the country lol.

Edited by Eli

14 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

I believe a SEFCU renovation is in the cards.  My belief is strengthened by the PE building renovation which includes the PE gym which is where the teams will need to play for a season or two.

Like you, I believe the same but realistically we are probably another 3-5 years out which is sad. 

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Like you, I believe the same but realistically we are probably another 3-5 years out which is sad. 

2 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Based on the size of the PE building reno I would say 3 to 5 years is about right.  We will get there.

Did I read correctly that they are getting rid of the pool? Or are renovations in the works for it too?

Edited by kikuria

I mean I remember when I worked for the AD for a year as a student facilities person, I remember that thing was seldom used. I knew they had some kid classes there, but most of the time I never saw it being used to a high level.

14 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I mean I remember when I worked for the AD for a year as a student facilities person, I remember that thing was seldom used. I knew they had some kid classes there, but most of the time I never saw it being used to a high level.

I'm definitely older than you!  Probably dating myself to some degree but there used to be a ton of PE classes including swimming classes (I took one. Great 1 credit class.)  There was a swimming (and diving?) team too.  I don't know if there is a local market for pool rentals though. 

Edited by kikuria

3 hours ago, kikuria said:

I'm definitely older than you!  Probably dating myself to some degree but there used to be a ton of PE classes including swimming classes (I took one. Great 1 credit class.)  There was a swimming (and diving?) team too.  I don't know if there is a local market for pool rentals though. 

In 1979, I used it a few times during open swim.  There were school records in different disiplines on the far wall I assume when we had a D3 swim team which may have been dropped before I started there.  The individual seats around the perimeter above the pool may have been nice during swim meets to catch the action.

It was dropped around that time.  I met the coach when i was working, forgot the gentleman name.  Those records still stood on the wall during my time.  Yes to D1 standards needed to be 8 lanes but when they redid it they made it 6 lanes and no diving area.  Currently there is a swim club.  

As for local demand there are plenty of indoor pools.  Only time I remember getting a large crowed was Friday night's between 7-9, during the day times it was mostly quiet.  Great part time on campus job, decent pay think 9 an hour in 2004, 12.24 in today's money, great boss.