UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #32: 3/7/2020 @ 7PM- AE Quarterfinal @ Stony Brook

Case in point:

On 3/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, cwdickens said:

Worth repeating how I feel:

Frustrated

Disappointment

Comments from a few days earlier.... I know that I'm going to hear it from the LCC crew at work.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, Eli said:

Hear what? They haven't won anything yet. They had a decent regular season but they sucked for the better part of the last decade and we wiped the floor with them. One good year doesn't give them bragging rights back. 

https://www.news10.com/sports/local-sports/former-siena-mens-basketball-coach-provided-impermissible-benefits/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WTEN&fbclid=IwAR2cwS_MxGOJPdsB8-UIAz-m5TXF1UtoSNvt50H1dLiZIOohwFip_jmKnWQ

I'd rather have our year than their regular season with a side of NCAA violations. LOL. There is your retort for your coworkers who are huge $iena fans.

Jimmy Patsos. The gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eli said:

Case in point:

https://www.news10.com/sports/local-sports/former-siena-mens-basketball-coach-provided-impermissible-benefits/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WTEN&fbclid=IwAR2cwS_MxGOJPdsB8-UIAz-m5TXF1UtoSNvt50H1dLiZIOohwFip_jmKnWQ

I'd rather have our year than their regular season with a side of NCAA violations. LOL. There is your retort for your coworkers who are huge $iena fans.

I have had an opportunity to read the 30 page NCAA report.  Siena gives new meaning to "turning a blind eye" and compliance be dam.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2020 at 1:57 PM, Eli said:

Case in point:

No tournament ban.  Does the gift really keeps giving. The AD statement "a lesson learned" about compliance makes you wonder what the Siena Athletic Department leader thought about the NCAA regulations and by laws.  Our current compliance administrator came from Siena.  Did Siena eliminate compliance back in 2016?

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2020 at 1:57 PM, Eli said:

Case in point:

Well, there must be a lot sadness this evening at Siena...and many other schools

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Eli said:

If there was one year for us to suck, it was this one. Nothing gained, not lost. 

No one saw the events that are unfolding at this time coming.  We were in the stands, just a couple weeks ago,  cheering the team on, because a successful team usually attracts successful players.  

On 3/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, cwdickens said:

Well, there must be a lot sadness this evening at Siena...and many other schools

I don't know which day sienna would have lost in the maac tournament, but there would have been sadness there this week regardless. :)

hope everyone is healthy and things eventually get back to normal. Part of normal is enjoying them losing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

We had 3 straight NCAA appearances, then we were the favorite but got upset by Hartford, then made it to the chip with a talented young team. Underachied the following season, but was still really good. Should have beat Louisville.

During this time, the UA fanbase got used to having sky high expectations. That 2017 team would have run this current team out of the gym. 

The real question is: Does Brown figure it out and make this team a contender next season, or are we in a new reality of not being one of the top teams in the conference and needing to accept it.

Edited by godanesgo99