UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pre-season HERO Football 🏈 Poll announced

"The University at Albany football 🏈 program was ranked 24th in the HERO Sports 2020 Pre-season FCS  Top 25 poll announced Wednesday."  Other CAA schools were ranked higher Nova, Delaware and New Hamphsire.  James Madison was ranked 5th in the poll.  Thoughts and concerns.

I’d say it’s about right for us.  We lost a lot of productivity and have a lot of unknowns - especially the offensive line and wide receivers.  That said:

1.  I think Villanova might have the most talent in the conference.  I think they return almost all of their starters from last year and JMU lost a lot of key players.

2. In my opinion, UNH is overrated every year but this year they don’t play Villanova or JMU so that might help them.  

3.  Delaware wasn’t that bad last year but their starting QB missed a lot of games and they lost some close games.  They’re building great facilities so they’ll get great players but I don’t remember anything that warrants them being ranked so high.

4.  I think we have the potential to be good but with so many unknowns, it’s too hard to say.  Also, the schedule will be a challenge with Monmouth, UMASS, JMU and Villanova in consecutive weeks.

Edited by reeder

New Hampshire always over-ranked.  Don't understand Delaware being ahead of us either.  Nova and JMU I can see.  BUT I don't think rankings mean much in the over-all scheme of things.  We'll have to see what happens when the teams play.

24 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

New Hampshire always over-ranked.  Don't understand Delaware being ahead of us either.  Nova and JMU I can see.  BUT I don't think rankings mean much in the over-all scheme of things.  We'll have to see what happens when the teams play.

Absolutely, in the end, wins matter against quality opponents and avoiding embarrassing losses against "lesser" opponents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...