UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Don't mean to contradict your niece; but

Pretty sure many programs, especially bigs---Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Others--- have been practicing since first week in January.   Syracuse most definitely had practices in January, before being hit with covid pause.  Most Southern Schools have games scheduled 2/6-7 and those that don't will certainly be playing the second weekend in February. Do you think Duke, Hopkins, Towson etc. would be playing games if they "only" started practice 2/1??????? They have all been practicing ALREADY. And most have had a pretty much full fall ball. Then again the NCAA has never been known to be 'FAIR" across the board.

Perhaps, I do know that Big 10 schools and Syracuse have not officially announced their schedules, perhaps a state by state requirements....saw earlier comment that UAlbany is starting 01 February 2021....

Sadly, no fans in the stands at Casey Stadium .... only chance of in-person looks like Syracuse University and that will need careful thought and risk assessment... oh ... did I forget the need to be vaccinated from COVID - 19 .... no I did not ... my next road trip (March 2021) is to Oneida County for the vaccine (seems like Saratoga County officials have no idea how to identify eligible residents)

Dreamin...that perhaps fans in the stands will happen sometime this spring

143798785_2513210012318200_8410310673799433514_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=DGROsSF_Gm0AX8e1k7u&tp=1&oh=6b6d583e0069718b9ff5b00fc556d5c4&oe=603DF8E3

Liked by treh10 and1,311 others
tehoka1 L I V I N’ T H E D R E A M
dylanrbryant That boy clean as hell 🧼
hutch.co1 Lookin ready to step down an let it fly!

The first DI Lacrosse has a start time of 11:00 AM today

144344959_256359665891685_7034800458854903276_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=LU7LJvRSoekAX9gcxdg&tp=1&oh=171844132eb44d2df97a1db37f61a065&oe=603E3CEA

526 likes
insidelacrosse The first game of the college lacrosse season faces off at 11 a.m. as @mercermenslacrosse hosts @bellarminelax. No stream for the game, so injured Bear Cole Leggett will be taking over our Story during the game!
boyletheocean Great game!
dyb_35 HUGE missed opportunity for a couple ADs.

Initial speculation is NO Fans. Perhaps family only. Also looks like playing @ Fallon.

Maybe Cuomo will allow 25% as he did for Bills. If I recall Fallon holds something like 1250-1500? Assuming 50 players and staff; 4 members per [200]. WISHFULL thinking leaves 100-150 spots for die hard fans???????????

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Initial speculation is NO Fans. Perhaps family only. Also looks like playing @ Fallon.

Maybe Cuomo will allow 25% as he did for Bills. If I recall Fallon holds something like 1250-1500? Assuming 50 players and staff; 4 members per [200]. WISHFULL thinking leaves 100-150 spots for die hard fans???????????

I have come to realize there is a better chance that a plan can be put in place to allow fans in the stands at Casey and/or Fallon than the Saratoga County DOH and the Saratoga County BOS coming up with a plan to vaccinate eligible residents for the COVID -19 vaccine....

• Like 1

Has the AmEast really shrunk that low????  Not a single pre-season All-American on any of 3 Levels plus Honorable mention? Historically a league that has sent many teams past the first round of the ncaa's and a few into the QTR's {UA multiple times plus a final four} On at least 3 occasions has sent two teams to the tournament. Is it because of last year's late start in the Northeast {always an issue due to weather) and early finish everywhere due to covid?? Also the AmEast had NO fall ball 2020; when most schools had at least some and many of ncaa's favorites had their fall ball hardly interrupted at all???

THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS?

Speaking of the AmEast; does anyone know what if anything they plan do about NO fans??  i.e ENHANCED espn/espn+ coverage??????? Local streaming the past couple of years was inconsistent at best; perhaps adequate but an upgrade would certainly be IN-ORDER, especially since fans in the stands will be limited at best and maybe nil.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Has the AmEast really shrunk that low????  Not a single pre-season All-American on any of 3 Levels plus Honorable mention? Historically a league that has sent many teams past the first round of the ncaa's and a few into the QTR's {UA multiple times plus a final four} On at least 3 occasions has sent two teams to the tournament. Is it because of last year's late start in the Northeast {always an issue due to weather) and early finish everywhere due to covid?? Also the AmEast had NO fall ball 2020; when most schools had at least some and many of ncaa's favorites had their fall ball hardly interrupted at all???

THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS?

I was surprised not to see Tehoka as an honorable mention.  Great 1st year, poor 2nd, but then last season he started out pretty good.  Maybe this will fuel him to go out and show them.

• Like 1

Another player to keep on eye on:

Last February in home game 2 or 3 {not sure which; only I can guarantee you I was near freezing to death} I was sitting next to a young attractive Native American girl. I asked her if she had a brother/friend with the team. She said her boy friend was Keelan Seneca. I said I had not seen him play in the fall or first games. She said he was injured but ASSURED me he was REALLY GOOD. Maybe just young love talking; but his #s in high school indeed very good [Compiled 57 goals and 61 assists as a senior at Salamanca High.] 

Also that school rings a bell, but cannot recall who might have gone there from UA?

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Another player to keep on eye on:

Last February in home game 2 or 3 {not sure which; only I can guarantee you I was near freezing to death} I was sitting next to a young attractive Native American girl. I asked her if she had a brother/friend with the team. She said her boy friend was Keelan Seneca. I said I had not seen him play in the fall or first games. She said he was injured but ASSURED me he was REALLY GOOD. Maybe just young love talking; but his #s in high school indeed very good [Compiled 57 goals and 61 assists as a senior at Salamanca High.] 

Also that school rings a bell, but cannot recall who might have gone there from UA?

Hector Salamanca High?