UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

My e-mail has been wonky, and communication from the school isn't always great. Can we use this thread to discuss if there will be a 2020 season, and deadlines for season tickets etc.? I haven't renewed mine yet - mostly because I do not know if there will be a season. I will buy them if the season is going to happen. I just dont want to miss a deadline and lose my seats. 

Let me assure you that no announcement has been made.  There was an article in the Albany Times Union, which featured the football conditioning and strength 💪 coach.  He expressed a desire to have the student athletes return to campus.  I have seen similar comments from other coaches at other schools.

The State of New York needs to reach "Phase 4" .  I expect an announcement by mid July concerning college and high school sports.

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

We shall see.  Every single state that has had athletes return are reporting players testing positive.  So, if it is contained...it should be good.  If it turns into an outbreak, may be a concern.  Of course, we want everyone to be happy and healthy, playing ball and returning to class.  So let's see.  We can sure use the outlet.

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

We shall see.  Every single state that has had athletes return are reporting players testing positive.  So, if it is contained...it should be good.  If it turns into an outbreak, may be a concern.  Of course, we want everyone to be happy and healthy, playing ball and returning to class.  So let's see.  We can sure use the outlet.

I have not read any articles concerning the infection rate among student-athletes.  However, this is a concern and would likely require every athlete to provide a honest assessment of their exposure to COVID-19 and testing before practicing.

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Cases seem to have little bearing on hospitalizations. 

9 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I have not read any articles concerning the infection rate among student-athletes.  However, this is a concern and would likely require every athlete to provide a honest assessment of their exposure to COVID-19 and testing before practicing.

The entire SEC and much of the ACC reporting players with positive tests.  Many, thankfully, are asymptotic. 

21 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

The entire SEC and much of the ACC reporting players with positive tests.  Many, thankfully, are asymptotic. 

Seems to follow the accepted idea that young people don't get that sick.  Found out my daughter and her boy friend, who live in Brooklyn, both have the antibodies [they are 32 and 37]. He was sick the last week in January when he returned from Milan, Italy - where his company is headquartered;  She was sick the first week in February as well BUT felt better and they came up for a birthday party for my wife on Feb 8th - attended by 16 folks, many older with other issues.  She got sicker again and was sick for the entire month of February - like a bad cold with coughing for a week or so and just a little off for the rest of the month [her doctor gave her a regular antibiotic]. Turns out that they had the virus!  Nobody at the party got the virus or even sick  AND there was hugging and kissing etc.   I just do not accept much of what has been said about spreading the virus or how deadly it is.  As more testing is done the death rate has dropped and is now at or lower than the level of the common flu - which we all know kills 30 - 70,000 people per year in the US.  

Just an interesting side note,  1968-69 The Hong Kong Flu [yes named for where it came from]  Killed over 100,000 Americans and nothing was shut down, just sayin'.  Remember woodstock 1969, 400,000-600,000+++++ people....................

Edited by HOF2013
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

EbInOs4WoAEJreu?format=jpg&name=small

"Pending final review from the Governor and SUNY, we plan to begin our fall semester on campus on August 24, 2020, as originally scheduled.".  So FB players should come back during July as usual,  Yes?? No??

Edited by HOF2013

On 6/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, godanesgo99 said:

My e-mail has been wonky, and communication from the school isn't always great. Can we use this thread to discuss if there will be a 2020 season, and deadlines for season tickets etc.? I haven't renewed mine yet - mostly because I do not know if there will be a season. I will buy them if the season is going to happen. I just dont want to miss a deadline and lose my seats. 

Just read in the TU that Iowa said ONLY season tickets renewed by June 30th will be considered for any social distance plan formed/allowed! That is only a week away. With absolutely NOTHING coming from UA, I am a bit concerned about being shut out of any plan UA comes up with. I have been holding off on renewal and assume many of you have also? Am I being needlessly paranoid about being shut out? Has or was there ever a "last date to renew" statement made before or since the covid stoppage? Anyone recommend throw caution to the wind--renew and see what happens? I know UA is NOT Iowa, and would prefer to wait and see a statement from them; but wonder how others are feeling?????

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Just read in the TU that Iowa said ONLY season tickets renewed by June 30th will be considered for any social distance plan formed/allowed! That is only a week away. With absolutely NOTHING coming from UA, I am a bit concerned about being shut out of any plan UA comes up with. I have been holding off on renewal and assume many of you have also? Am I being needlessly paranoid about being shut out? Has or was there ever a "last date to renew" statement made before or since the covid stoppage? Anyone recommend throw caution to the wind--renew and see what happens? I know UA is NOT Iowa, and would prefer to wait and see a statement from them; but wonder how others are feeling?????

I renewed as soon as I could. 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

If you renew and the season doesn't happen then I would think they would either refund you or put it towards next year's tickets.  I've seen that with baseball tickets already. 

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

If you renew and the season doesn't happen then I would think they would either refund you or put it towards next year's tickets.  I've seen that with baseball tickets already. 

Well, I would hope that the UAlbany Ticket Office would update past season ticket holders with their plans soon.