UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where is your Christmas Tree from?

cwdickens

Where is your Christmas Tree from?..... Some are asking what does this have to do with Great Danes sport ... answer nothing ... not everything is about Great Danes sports..... and yes... I lifted this question from a Vermont Country Store Instagram post....answers would be appreciated.....

Received more replies than anticipated thank you...my spouse is big into Christmas Trees... she always looking for the perfect tree at the right price ... for last few years ... Kuliks Nursery in Rexford was the place ... not this year... my wife asked me for list of places to search for that perfect tree......the winner was Pleasant Valley Tree Farm (Bennington VT) .... yes we found a great tree at a good price... from my home in Clifton Park about a 45 minute trip.... on top of the tree is a soft toy Saw Whet Owl ... from  the National Geographic web store ... who was dubbed as Rockefeller...in honor of the brave saw whet owl who endured a 3 day trip from Oneonta to NYC

On 12/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, cwdickens said:

Received more replies than anticipated thank you...my spouse is big into Christmas Trees... she always looking for the perfect tree at the right price ... for last few years ... Kuliks Nursery in Rexford was the place ... not this year... my wife asked me for list of places to search for that perfect tree......the winner was Pleasant Valley Tree Farm (Bennington VT) .... yes we found a great tree at a good price... from my home in Clifton Park about a 45 minute trip.... on top of the tree is a soft toy Saw Whet Owl ... from  the National Geographic web store ... who was dubbed as Rockefeller...in honor of the brave saw whet owl who endured a 3 day trip from Oneonta to NYC

Did your tree have to quarantine? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

Did your tree have to quarantine? 

No ... one of the interesting things about the tree ... the tree consumes about 1 1/2 liters of water a day... a true sign of a freshly cut and healthy tree...interesting a number of the workers live either in the Village of Hoosick Falls or Town of Hoosick or White Creek, NY....no one is checking at the border

Well if you live in the Greater Albany NY area .... and you did not get a Christmas .... your tree is likely buried under 2 feet of snow ... in Southern Saratoga County could be closer to 30 inches...so to all BE CAREFUL...if you are out there and do not feel well take a break ... we do not want to lose anyone this holiday season!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

When do you say good-bye to your Christmas Tree?

My Christmas Tree (from Bennington, VT) has loss few if any needles and continues to absorb 2 Liters a day...amazing... so this tree may stay up to next weekend.  To Clifton Park residents, tree pick-up is the week of 01-10-2021....

• 2 weeks later...

https://dailygazette.com/2021/01/09/looking-back-50-years-ago-today-kramer-scored-63-for-schaefer-brewers/

This has zero to do with Christmas trees, but I didn’t have a good spot to put it. For those of you who are older and grew up in this area, this is not anything new. I grew up in Rotterdam, next to Schenectady, so I remember these players very well. I was in the Linton HS gym watching this team play college all stars, including Dr J, Artis Gilmore and Austin Carr. Another time we saw them play Big Boston...basically a barnstormer team of Celtics players with some add ones. They didn’t make big bucks back then so they played in the off season to pick up a few dollars. I don’t remember them all, but I do remember Wayne “The Wall” Embry, Jo Jo White and Don Nelson. I think it was in the college all star game that Pat Riley was on the Brewers and he brought in Elvin Hayes. If you’re too young to know who that is, look him up. Amazing times that we got to see some incredible players up close in a school gym.