UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2024

8 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I'm not sure attempting to sign a 7 foot project that has a 75 percent chance to leave if any good is such a great idea.  

Unless we have having trouble filling our scholarships- which may be the case.  

I prefer to sign guys that can help right now.  We have a ton of minutes left. If we were a winning team with a lot of depth then I could understand.  

I don't know. Looks like he is coordinated and athletic. I don't know the competition level, so highlights can be misleading, but the video on Twitter is impressive (as highlight films always are)

I'd take a chance at getting someone like him. Year 1: watch him develop and learn the college game. Year 2: watch him be a star at the AE level. Year 3: root for him to do well at a P5. I think a few players like that, along with a few portal wins is a recipe for success at this level.

It looks like he is an Aussie. Would love to restart a connection. He's also 20, so not really a typical US freshman. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Portal closes today. Most colleges have extended their enrollment date to 5/15 instead of 5/1 this year due to the FAFSA issues. Not sure if that has any impact on athletic commitments, but I would guess we would start to hear about more commitments very soon...

No changes to where we stood a week or two ago:

2024-25

• 1/2
    • Adnan (So, 6'2")
    • Linsey (Fr, 5'10")
  • 2/3
    • Langford (Sr, 6'5", BC/UCF)
    • Matulu (Fr, 6'4", Walk-On)
  • 3/4
    • Reddish (Sr, 6'7")
    • Neely (Jr, 6'5")
  • 4/5
    • Klaczek (Sr, 6'8", StJoes)
    • Adewale (So, 6'8", Iona)
    • Taylor (Fr, 6'7")
    • Walker (So, 6'7", Walk-On)
    •  

Looks like 8 Scholarships used, so that should mean 5 remaining. 

No official announcements from the following UA Players in the portal as of now:

• 1/2 - NyMire Little (Ju, 6'4")
  • 1/2 - Will Amica (Sr, 6'0")
  • 2/3 - Amare Marshall (Ju, 6'4", Hofstra)
  • 3/4 - Muneer Newton (Sr. 6'5")

In a perfect world, IMHO, we convince Marshall and Newton to stay put, add a Transfer PG, a wing, and convince Wewe to commit. That could be a strong competitor in the AE, if not a top 4 squad if the staff can make them a "team" instead of a collection of players. 

Edited by godanesgo99

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with the Marshall returning news...

2024-25

• 1/2
    • Adnan (So, 6'2")
    • Linsey (Fr, 5'10")
  • 2/3
    • Marshall (Jr, 6'4", Hofstra)
    • Langford (Sr, 6'5", BC/UCF)
    • Matulu (Fr, 6'4", Walk-On)
  • 3/4
    • Reddish (Sr, 6'7")
    • Neely (Jr, 6'5")
  • 4/5
    • Klaczek (Sr, 6'8", StJoes)
    • Adewale (So, 6'8", Iona)
    • Taylor (Fr, 6'7")
    • Walker (So, 6'7", Walk-On)
    •  

Looks like 9 Scholarships used, so that should mean 4 remaining. 

No official announcements from the following UA Players in the portal as of now:

• 1/2 - NyMire Little (Jr, 6'4")
  • 3/4 - Muneer Newton (Sr. 6'5")

Need a true PG, a BIG big, a wing/SF (in case Neely isn't healthy) and a body, and IMHO it looks like a strong team.

Edited by godanesgo99

In terms of reality: how this team looks on paper vs. how this team performs on the court can be a world of difference.

Again, not much said in the forum about how other teams in the America East are do filling in their needs.  In the end, if other teams are recruiting better players, we may have a competitive team however not a "winning" team.

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

In terms of reality: how this team looks on paper vs. how this team performs on the court can be a world of difference.

Again, not much said in the forum about how other teams in the America East are do filling in their needs.  In the end, if other teams are recruiting better players, we may have a competitive team however not a "winning" team.

Never has any other teams recruiting been discussed on this forum. You can say the same thing for any Albany team in the past then. 

25 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Never has any other teams recruiting been discussed on this forum. You can say the same thing for any Albany team in the past then. 

Just saying, "We have to agree to disagree on this comment."  I have recollections of infrequent comments concerning other team recruits and recruitment efforts, yes, rarely.

There is a thread on the AE board that discusses other teams recruitment.

https://www.basketballforum.com/threads/2024-offseason-scholarship-tracking.694420/?post_id=15401470#post-15401470

And 

https://www.basketballforum.com/threads/2024-america-east-recruiting-thread.693310/page-22?post_id=15401460#post-15401460

Also, I said it's beginning to look like a strong team. I didn't say "winning" team. 

At this moment it looks like a good job of recruiting talent, and putting together a team that could beat any AE team on any given night. DK has been proven to be a good judge of talent and good at recruiting that talent. He now needs to prove that he can put that talent together and make them a TEAM that plays together, follows a game plan, and actually wins more games than it loses. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

There is a thread on the AE board that discusses other teams recruitment.

https://www.basketballforum.com/threads/2024-offseason-scholarship-tracking.694420/?post_id=15401470#post-15401470

And 

https://www.basketballforum.com/threads/2024-america-east-recruiting-thread.693310/page-22?post_id=15401460#post-15401460

Also, I said it's beginning to look like a strong team. I didn't say "winning" team. 

At this moment it looks like a good job of recruiting talent, and putting together a team that could beat any AE team on any given night. DK has been proven to be a good judge of talent and good at recruiting that talent. He now needs to prove that he can put that talent together and make them a TEAM that plays together, follows a game plan, and actually wins more games than it loses. 

No PG, this team is DOA. Need that...

• Like 2