UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2024

So as it looks now...

• PG: Adnan (so), Lindsey (fr)
  • SG: Matulu (fr/wo)
  • Wing: Reddish (sr)
  • SF: Neely (so), Newton (Sr)
  • PF/C: Walker (so/wo), Taylor (fr)

I count 6 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons? Am I missing someone? Who is going to play on this team next season?

Edited by godanesgo99

I would say at this point ....no one on the team right now would start on a .500 D1 team.  Not one.  

I believe there are 13 D1 scholarships. If im a D1 coach at this level I'm recruiting Jr's and Srs only.  Freshman and sophomores are younger , less developed and will leave before they reach their development.  

"Get old and stay old". - Will Brown 

• Thanks 1

We have an onsite visit report "sighting".  6'7 kid from Iona coming up this weekend.  Will be a sophomore, from London, U.K. and...shocker...he played HS ball in Philly.  (Really good Catholic league school).  Was pretty highly recruited out of high school.  Played only 14mpg as a frosh averaging 3ppg and 3.2 RPG.

Sultan Adewale

His big offensive performances came against LBSU, Buffalo, Fairfield, St. Peter's, Rider, and St. Francis. 

Interesting player...a bit raw in some areas but he has some solid potential. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgC69uJL2w

https://twitter.com/SultanAdewale12

• Like 2

So as it looks now...

PG: Adnan (so), Lindsey (fr)

SG: Matulu (fr/wo)

Wing: Reddish (sr)

SF: Neely (so)

PF/C: Walker (so/wo), Taylor (fr)

I count 5 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons? Am I missing someone? Who is going to play on this team next season?

Updating my post from before now that Newton has entered the portal.

8 scholarships available now? No news of any new commits? Might have the play the season 4 on 5 if there is even a team lol.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, godanesgo99 said:

So as it looks now...

PG: Adnan (so), Lindsey (fr)

SG: Matulu (fr/wo)

Wing: Reddish (sr)

SF: Neely (so)

PF/C: Walker (so/wo), Taylor (fr)

I count 5 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons? Am I missing someone? Who is going to play on this team next season?

Updating my post from before now that Newton has entered the portal.

8 scholarships available now? No news of any new commits? Might have the play the season 4 on 5 if there is even a team lol.

Don't be silly, every 'ship will be filled...what that means in terms of wins and losses remains to be seen but starting linup won't be walkons. 

14 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Don't be silly, every 'ship will be filled...what that means in terms of wins and losses remains to be seen but starting linup won't be walkons. 

Obviously it was a tongue in cheek comment

Well that's a good start... I guess the recruiting line could be: we've wiped our roster that couldn't win. Let's start over.

Sultan had offers from Clemson, George Washington, Memphis, Arizona State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, Ole Miss, Oral Roberts, DePaul, Washington, and Buffalo out of High School. 

Probably a new mid-major one and done. That's what I'm now calling the High Major potential guys that transfer down a year to build stats and move up.

Edited by godanesgo99

3 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Well that's a good start... I guess the recruiting line could be: we've wiped our roster that couldn't win. Let's start over.

Sultan had offers from Clemson, George Washington, Memphis, Arizona State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, Ole Miss, Oral Roberts, DePaul, Washington, and Buffalo out of High School. 

Probably a new mid-major one and done. That's what I'm now calling the High Major potential guys that transfer down a year to build stats and move up.

I know it's a common assumption that once a kid is in portal he's gone but if he can re-recruit Thomas and or Marshall you have something here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

I know it's a common assumption that once a kid is in portal he's gone but if he can re-recruit Thomas and or Marshall you have something here. 

I just hope the dude blocks a couple shots a game..Sultan of Swat? It writes itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

With those two back you have something almost no matter what.  However a freshman that averaged 3 points a game (even though could very much improve) does very very little to move the needle for Thomas and Marshall.  Would need to bring in high level senior talent for a shot to have them come back.  

• Like 1