UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: 9/4/21 - 3:30PM @ North Dakota State

32 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Every year teams run a kickoff or a punt back.  GOTTA make tackles. Had him in the backfield! Kickogff guys must be collapsing in instead of holding their lane.

Their Oline can actually block. 

• Like 2

Positives: passing game, pass protection, Undercuffler, punting game, and a youthful defense did a really good job imho.  

Negatives: run blocking, sloppy tackling at times, head scratching special team play calling, sloppy penalties and turnovers leading to 14 points.  

Not upset by this game.  Just frustrated.  Thought we acquitted ourselves decently, could have been better.  Clean up the negatives and I he team could make a run.  I think we are one year away.  Offensive line needs to get better. 

• Like 1

I did not expect a win. It’s just frustrating to see the same lack of discipline, stupid penalties and turnovers. And why in bloody hell do they insist on running inside when the line looks like they’re blocking a brick wall? When I saw JUC out there at the 5 minute mark when the game was clearly OVER…I think GG or Davis need a smack. 

• Thanks 2

Only had one first down in the whole second half. 
also some sloppy turnovers 

defense played well but they were gassed at the end

We’ll see how they play next week, but all things considered I think they’ll be alright after a couple games 

26 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

IIRC an overmatched offensive line was the biggest problem at Montana State too

Yep. Our size is better than it was in GG's first year where we were like 5 inches shorter and 100lb lighter at every spot but we still have a ways to go to be at the top of the FCS in size.