UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Future of D1 Football after the 2022 Season for UAlbany

The Future of D1 Football after the 2022 Season for UAlbany  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the decision to allow Greg Gattuso to coach the final year, that decision has caused most of us to express disgust about allowing him to finish the last year of his contract, possibly leading to a catastrophic results.  However, this begs the question: Is there a future for D1 Football at UAlbany, whether in the NEC, as some have suggested or remain in the CAA.

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

You are seriously ANNOYING. 

Start a poll....lol.

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

LOL 

After the 2022 season comes the 2023 season and my trip to Hawaii 🍻

I'll see you there. Already told Wife that we're going to Hawaii to kill two birds with one stone. As soon as we know the date, vacation is being booked!

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

Hawaii athletic site shows it as September 9. 

Assuming it doesn't change, I would probably go August 31 to September 11.

Don't you have to wait to see who is coaching then.

Highly highly highly doubt it'll be GG and the new guy will have at least 2-3 year grace period before anyone can ask for him to be fired lol.

No idea what Hawaii is doing with finances. They have at least one nonconference game on their schedule on their website until 2029. For 2023, 5 non conference games listed for them. 3 at home including Stanford the Friday before the Albany game and 2 on the road. Perhaps they got a Friday tv game with Stanford to cover some of this other expenses. Hopefully this game remains on the schedule as 2024 road game to West Virginia isn't nearly as enticing. 

• Like 1

Hawaii, as a state, has hit major revenue issues due to their Rapid Transit project. My company bid on it--got a nice free trip out of a review of the winning documents.

Most Hawaiians would like the emotional aspect of having an on-campus stadium.  That said, and as someone who has been on that campus, there isn't much space to build one.  Personally, I think you will have an erector-set permanent stadium at the TC Ching Complex...and that will be that.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Their practice facility is as good (if not better) than our stadium. Bummer to learn all of this...I thought I was going to be going to Aloha Stadium, site of all those pro bowls I used to watch as a kid lol.

Eli, this is their MAIN STADIUM...not practice field.  It will be this way for quite a while.  They are adding 6,000 seats to this at the end of the year to meet the 15,000 seat requirement.  It's currently, 8,000 seats.  It's a dump. 

Ching was the practice field, now it's their only football field

https://hawaiiathletics.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=0&image_path=/images/2015/6/26/Ching-2015-Complex-Field-DH.jpg

My daughter was one of several hundred dancers in the Pro Bowl halftime show about 2003. Afterwards she said she shook hands with some tall guy named Peyton something.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Haha 2