UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Future of D1 Football after the 2022 Season for UAlbany

The Future of D1 Football after the 2022 Season for UAlbany  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Eli, this is their MAIN STADIUM...not practice field.  It will be this way for quite a while.  They are adding 6,000 seats to this at the end of the year to meet the 15,000 seat requirement.  It's currently, 8,000 seats.  It's a dump. 

That's what I meant (what alum72 said)...it's their primary field now due to their stadium limbo but was their practice field and based on that video and your image, it looked nice/as nice as BoFo. But I trust you in all things FB so if you say it's a dump, a dump it is! I'm sure the palm trees and sunshine will make up for it though in 2023 lol.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

That's what I meant (what alum72 said)...it's their primary field now due to their stadium limbo but was their practice field and based on that video and your image, it looked nice/as nice as BoFo. But I trust you in all things FB so if you say it's a dump, a dump it is! I'm sure the palm trees and sunshine will make up for it though in 2023 lol.

It was a dump.  I played a game on it (ultimate frisbee).  Totally retrofitted and stands added, all for this season.  They basically gutted it for this season. 

That said, anyone wanting to go to Hawaii, please let me know. I can help you plan a trip; very close with locals and have done many trips.  You most certainly should consider going at least a week, 10 days if you can manage it...and definitely see at least two islands.  I recommend Oahu / Maui or for the truly adventurous, Oahu / Kauai. 

I've guided many people on wonderful trips there.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, bob87 said:

LOL 

After the 2022 season comes the 2023 season and my trip to Hawaii 🍻

Bob87... as always you are only one to provide a glimmer of a hope that football will continue after 2022...once again a schedule commitment helps...not like others who have only one or two word responses.... thanks again....

On 11/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, bob87 said:

LOL 

After the 2022 season comes the 2023 season and my trip to Hawaii 🍻

I mentioned to my wife that football is playing in Hawaii in 2023 .... she stated as long as Bob is going she is all for a trip to watch the game....Bob ... I keeping to your word that you are going

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I believe Aloha Stadium was condemned and not suitable for humans to set foot on, if i'm not mistaken.

And I vote Maui/Kauai.  Kauai is about as not being in the US while being in the US as you can get.

Couldn't agree more on what you wrote, and yes Aloha Stadium was condemned by the Stadium Authority.   Though I do think Kauai is for a specific type of person.  Personally, I love it...it's just so different and pre-historic.  I go every chance I can get.  I still have not made it over to Lanai.  

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I mentioned to my wife that football is playing in Hawaii in 2023 .... she stated as long as Bob is going she is all for a trip to watch the game....Bob ... I keeping to your word that you are going

As we found out in 2020 certain things are out of my control. I still have $250 of airfare credits from cancelled 2020 flights that are good until September 2022 and probably won't be used before August. 

But I have been looking forward to the game in Hawaii since it was announced. I plan on going to 2 islands while there. One new and one I have been to on each trip. I only been to the one with Honolulu (twice)  and the big island (once) Plenty of time to work on the details. I

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bob87 said:

As we found out in 2020 certain things are out of my control. I still have $250 of airfare credits from cancelled 2020 flights that are good until September 2022 and probably won't be used before August. 

But I have been looking forward to the game in Hawaii since it was announced. I plan on going to 2 islands while there. One new and one I have been to on each trip. I only been to the one with Honolulu (twice)  and the big island (once) Plenty of time to work on the details. I

If you truly want adventure, nothing beats Kauai.  However, Maui is the perfect mix.  Paia is a cool little down with some solid bars, sadly got a little touristy due to some celebrity owned places...but it's very chill and cool.  The Hana Highway is a serious adventure for a day, but gorgeous with falls you can go into and black beaches.  The park past Hana has an incredible bamboo forest.  West Maui mountain is excellent and has some of the best banana bread (roadside stand you will ever consume).  Sunrise at Haleakala is everything it's cracked up to be, and worth the tired morning.  Kihei is very chill and, while touristy, Lahaina is worth a walk through, especially at night.  If snorkeling is your thing, you will love the fact that one of the best shops is named....BOB's.  They are great because they support anti-aquarium hunting (something that is a huge problem in Hawaii).   If you are really into snorkeling, and honestly...families were doing it even though you are in "open ocean", a short boat ride trip to Molokini crater is outstanding.  If you dive, they take you on the other side of the crater...but that was out of my league as it is straight open water diving.

Honestly, Maui is truly a great, mixed bag island...definitely not as "city" like as Honolulu can be.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dane96 said:

If you truly want adventure, nothing beats Kauai.  However, Maui is the perfect mix.  Paia is a cool little down with some solid bars, sadly got a little touristy due to some celebrity owned places...but it's very chill and cool.  The Hana Highway is a serious adventure for a day, but gorgeous with falls you can go into and black beaches.  The park past Hana has an incredible bamboo forest.  West Maui mountain is excellent and has some of the best banana bread (roadside stand you will ever consume).  Sunrise at Haleakala is everything it's cracked up to be, and worth the tired morning.  Kihei is very chill and, while touristy, Lahaina is worth a walk through, especially at night.  If snorkeling is your thing, you will love the fact that one of the best shops is named....BOB's.  They are great because they support anti-aquarium hunting (something that is a huge problem in Hawaii).   If you are really into snorkeling, and honestly...families were doing it even though you are in "open ocean", a short boat ride trip to Molokini crater is outstanding.  If you dive, they take you on the other side of the crater...but that was out of my league as it is straight open water diving.

Honestly, Maui is truly a great, mixed bag island...definitely not as "city" like as Honolulu can be.   

Been lucky enough to go to Hawaii 6 times.  Such an awesome place and agree with everything Dane96 said.  Maui and Kauai are my two favorite islands.  Big Island a close 3rd.  

On 11/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, Dane96 said:

It was a dump.  I played a game on it (ultimate frisbee).  Totally retrofitted and stands added, all for this season.  They basically gutted it for this season. 

That said, anyone wanting to go to Hawaii, please let me know. I can help you plan a trip; very close with locals and have done many trips.  You most certainly should consider going at least a week, 10 days if you can manage it...and definitely see at least two islands.  I recommend Oahu / Maui or for the truly adventurous, Oahu / Kauai. 

I've guided many people on wonderful trips there.  

Been to Maui - love the island

23 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The road to Hann is incredible - tough drive for me because I have an issue with heights - 2' wall along a several 1000 foot drop to the ocean, great black sand beach once you get there - nice area for some wine and cheese lunch.  Deep sea fishing.  Drive up Haleakala was worth it.   Great sunset dinning at restaurants on the sea.  

On 11/24/2021 at 8:37 PM, cwdickens said:

With the decision to allow Greg Gattuso to coach the final year, that decision has caused most of us to express disgust about allowing him to finish the last year of his contract, possibly leading to a catastrophic results.  However, this begs the question: Is there a future for D1 Football at UAlbany, whether in the NEC, as some have suggested or remain in the CAA.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Speak for yourself..