UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Recruits for 2022 - gonna ignore the negativity and look toward the future.

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Let it burn....wish all the kids the best of luck. Benson deserves this for letting a loser coach out the string. Let the fire of a complete debacle purify this program. I've already told Benson for the first time since 2007 I will not be renewing my season tickets. 

elmo-burn.gif

START YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BITCH AND BE NEGATIVE.  This is a recruiting thread not a place for you CONSTANTLY NEGATIVE guys to post your BS

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dane96 said:

And let this sink in.  Joe Casale is Albany royalty, his brother a star for us.  He honestly never got the time from this staff.  Don’t know if the new LB committed before this happened.  But this one is a shock.  I thought Casale’s turn would be this year and next.

We lost first and second string linebackers.  We lost a backup corner. We lost a starting dlineman.  We lost Verse who may have well stayed if we were a championship contender.  You get drafted out of the CAA.  

SO, we literally lost players from the strongest unit we have, defense…key contributors.   And Gattuso is a defensive guy.  

talk about rats…jumping…burning ship.  Sigh

Joe graduated before the season and was NOT a starter except on special teams.... just the facts!

16 hours ago, cwdickens said:

To all the players leaving, I wish you the best at your next school and hope you find the personal success and as important, team success.  As I have come to realize from Basketball and Lacrosse, the Transfer Portal has eased the way for those looking for a "better situation" and winning experience.  To HOF2013....it seems the negativity has wonder into your thread....

Take it somewhere else!!!!

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, Dane96 said:

We just lost Mazon Walker to the portal.  Grumble...

I don't understand this one.  He's good, no doubt...but he is not going to be an FBS guy at a team that is going to wow you. Not as a 5'9 NT. 

Maybe a MAC or lower team...

I think his size caught up with him. Lost playing time because he wasn't doing as well

8 hours ago, dslyank said:

AGREE 100%. Benson needs to be the first head to roll 🤢

Take your BS somewhere else.  START YOUR OWN NEGATIVE THREAD.   This is for recruiting talk not you and you couple of blowhard buddies to bring your negativeity here!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

I am looking at the glass as half full! These comments are my opinion.

Some of these guys not named Verse may regret leaving. Verse was leaving even if they won a National Championship last season. He has the NFL on his mind so he needs a high profile program and needs to compete against Power 5 competition. The rest of them will probably land in D2 or D3. Not one player that I know of that left UA has made a splash anywhere. The stud RB from a year or two ago (cant remember his name) left and went to Murray State or a higher profile program....never to be heard from again. The QB left and landed at D3 Hobart I think and has never been heard from since. The Troy WR left and went to New Haven...never to be heard from again. The WR from a few years ago left after marijuana trouble to a PA D2 school...never to be heard from again. 

If they are leaving to get away from this staff and just be small school student athletes without the pressure of FCS football I understand it. Most of these guys were getting playing time so it probably is due to the questions surrounding the program. None of these guys leaving with the exception of Verse will have any impact on this program at all. Programs at this level just reload. This happens every year in FCS football and its much more common at the FBS level. So far all of the guys leaving will prove the point they couldn't make it at this level. Maybe they should not have been recruited.

I think cleaning house of these borderline/troubled players is good for the program. they will bring more JUCO transfers and 4year program transfers "to hold the fort" until there is a new staff or when GG & company gets the ship off the rocks.

Most of them got playing time but were not starters  OR lost a lot of time because other younger players are developing and just seem better.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:55 PM, MRuler 79 said:

So far the only transfer out of UA in my opinion that means anything is Verse (96 I believe). As good as Verse is he will be smallish for the FBS big boy level like Florida State. Wouldn't shock me if they moved him to LB. Its not like he dominated and completely took over games in the CAA ...aka Lawrence Taylor type performances. This Walker kid as Dane 96 stated will be tiny at the high end of FBS and the LB (44 i think...forgot his name) didn't impress me as he was often blocked against the run. He really should think twice about leaving.

If anyone else leaves next man up. It was a 2-9 season so how good could they have played?

Agree 100%.   Casale Graduated and was not a starter until injuries forced it.  Walker's size caught up with him, getting pushed around and lost playing time.  Jeff Cuff.. lost a lot of time.  Just was not doing it in the spring or this fall season.  Some of that was O Line but he makes poor decisions a lot.   I think he sees the writing on the wall, 44 Danny D. was sr. I think [does he have one year of eligibility left, yes, no], also lost a lot of time, lost speed, quickness really and became slower on the take and got blocked a LOT inside.  Jackson Ambush stepped up big time.   Verse absolutely can play at a higher level - hate to see him go but I understand.

Plus the recruiting is NOT done.  This was just early signing.  They are making new offers. 

Edited by HOF2013

4 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Little surprised that you are saying this about some of the guys.

Damico was all CAA second team and has been a stud for three years.  He was injured a good portion of this year.   His offers right off the bad are National Quarterfinalist Villanova and Towson.

Mazon Walker (you've seen my earlier comments about FBS) is a solid FCS guy.

DJ McConnell went back and forth starting / 2nd team

Joe Casale is a 2nd and sometimes first string linebacker, in line for first team duties this year. 

Jeff Undercuffler- clearly there was a staff/jeff issue this year.  I think it affected his game. I can see him going back to his old ways in a new situation.

Damon Burton- tough kid but a ton of injuries. 

Joe SELDOM played first, only because of injuries to others, except on special teams.

Damico got slow this year, got blocked a LOT inside. Inside LB's have to take on the blockers and stop the inside game.  He did not seem the same player to me.  Injuries could be the answer.   Ambush did a great job inside this year.

I think Walker's size caught up with him, Got pushed around a lot this year.  Lost playing time because of it.

McConnel was here for basically one season. I think the DB transfer - a Binghamton Kid, stepped up and did well.   

Some guys see who is recruited and start double thinking themselves.   

Cuff surprises me BUT he had a bad spring and a bad fall season.  Made really bad decisions - a result of getting sacked a lot BUT yo have a choice, step up  or act out.  On a team you can NOT argue with coaches in public on the sideline.  Every time you'll lose playing time. Some kids get benched, get pissed and come back with an attitude the next year and compete again.  Some don't.

35 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

START YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BITCH AND BE NEGATIVE.  This is a recruiting thread not a place for you CONSTANTLY NEGATIVE guys to post your BS

The conversation is relevant to the type of recruits he is able to land. P.s. your all all-caps is stuck. I don't need your permission on where to post.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Joe graduated before the season and was NOT a starter except on special teams.... just the facts!

Dude. He was a part time starter and a second stringer.  Read what I wrote.   

Edited by Dane96

48 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Agree 100%.   Casale Graduated and was not a starter until injuries forced it.  Walker's size caught up with him, getting pushed around and lost playing time.  Jeff Cuff.. lost a lot of time.  Just was not doing it in the spring or this fall season.  Some of that was O Line but he makes poor decisions a lot.   I think he sees the writing on the wall, 44 Danny D. was sr. I think [does he have one year of eligibility left, yes, no], also lost a lot of time, lost speed, quickness really and became slower on the take and got blocked a LOT inside.  Jackson Ambush stepped up big time.   Verse absolutely can play at a higher level - hate to see him go but I understand. 

START YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BE NEGATIVE!

Isn't that what you told everyone else? Why are you discussing something other than current recruiting?

Pot meet kettle much? 😂😂😂

You need to take a chill pill. Everything discussed in this thread has been related to recruiting. Sheesh. 

24 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Ahh crap. You called him dude. Should NOT have done that. You're about to hear it like I did for 2 years 😂

I'll see myself out now 😂

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

I did and that is exactly what I said, BUT he was a starter when others were hurt.  I like Joey too but it is what it is.

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

The conversation is relevant to the type of recruits he is able to land. P.s. your all all-caps is stuck. I don't need your permission on where to post.

No it's not relevant.  This was CLEARLY started as a NON-negative, POSITIVE looking forward post - looking at who is being recruited and is committing etc. !  NOT a bitch session looking back or at anything else.  When ALL you and your couple of buddies ever seem to want to do is post anti-staff, anti-AD, anti-UA football etc., etc. you can do that, just not here!  Take that somewhere else.   End of story!

Edited by HOF2013