UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Recruits for 2022 - gonna ignore the negativity and look toward the future.

Nobody is disagreeing with being upset and pissed off about the program and the direction.  HOWEVER, this thread was started specifically to post info about and discussion of new recruits and nothing else.  It is easy enough to start another thread or to add to ones you have started about the direction of the program, the staff, the AD etc. etc. etc.  Why the continual posting of off-topic points is beyond some of us.

Again, this thread was started SPECIFICALLY to post info about and discussion of new recruits and nothing else.  Some people are interested in that.  They want to look at videos of kids playing weather HS players or potential transfers.

Edited by HOF2013

By the way Davis and Sweeney are both gone I think.  No Longer on coaches roster!  Sweeney surprises, Davis - HURRAY!

Edited by HOF2013

Osita Smith, Univ. of Maryland transfer, Soph DB [moved to LB last year], 6' 2", 215 lbs.

Excited to announce that I have a received an offer from the University at Albany! 

Edited by HOF2013

11 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

By the way Davis and Sweeney are both gone I think.  No Longer on coaches roster!  Sweeney surprises, Davis - HURRAY!

Surprised by this outlook.  Our office of line has been the Achilles’ heel of the team for many many years. Davis has a track record of offensive production at Northern Iowa, at Fordham, and a D2 school in Pennsylvania…. I can’t remember the name offhand. I understand getting rid of Davis’ based on last year‘s performance but Sweeney should’ve been gone a long time ago. A man actually seems like a really solid guy however, the office of line just never gelled nor had the studs we were promised. Damien Mincey is also off the coaching roster. He went back tp UMASS.  I know that Nate Byham adds the oline to his current coaching duties.  I’ve heard a rumor that Delaware’s former OC may be in line for the UA job.  He’s interesting because he had a good track record prior to Delaware.  Some blame him for Delaware’s issues.  Others say he was handcuffed by Rocco.  

24 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Surprised by this outlook.  Our office of line has been the Achilles’ heel of the team for many many years. Davis has a track record of offensive production at Northern Iowa, at Fordham, and a D2 school in Pennsylvania…. I can’t remember the name offhand. I understand getting rid of Davis’ based on last year‘s performance but Sweeney should’ve been gone a long time ago. A man actually seems like a really solid guy however, the office of line just never gelled nor had the studs we were promised. Damien Mincey is also off the coaching roster. He went back tp UMASS.  I know that Nate Byham adds the oline to his current coaching duties.  I’ve heard a rumor that Delaware’s former OC may be in line for the UA job.  He’s interesting because he had a good track record prior to Delaware.  Some blame him for Delaware’s issues.  Others say he was handcuffed by Rocco.  

I missed Mincey but the special teams were a wreck.  Davis maybe a great QB coach but he is a poor OFF coordinator.  His play selection was just terrible.  No other way to say it.  I liked Sweeney BUT I think the O line coach has to be able to kick some butt - he was really easy going....maybe too much so.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I missed Mincey but the special teams were a wreck.  Davis maybe a great QB coach but he is a poor OFF coordinator.  His play selection was just terrible.  No other way to say it.  I liked Sweeney BUT I think the O line coach has to be able to kick some butt - he was really easy going....maybe too much so.

I never saw that Sweeney was that involved in the recruiting.  He may have been but not as publicly as other coaches.   I mean I check who they are "watching" all the time - may not mean anything but it is something I follow.  You are correct that he states he is UMass RB coach!

I wonder if they are recruiting any more QB's. I know there are at least three on the roster but still another taller 'slinger' would be nice.  Gonna have a decent group of WR next season.

I agree, Delaware’s Jared Ambrose may be the new line coach.  Been doing a little research.  a BUNCH of the players and the coaches are 'following' him!

Edited by HOF2013

Early for this one but...................  Donovan Walker, Class of 2023, DB/WR, 6' 160 lbs. https://www.hudl.com/profile/13750950/Donovan-Walker
BLESSED to receive my first division 1 offer from the university of Albany

I woke up this morning to see this at the top of my Google portal page.  I didn’t search for it as it was just defaulted in.  Not sure if it was specific to me or just their news stream

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-offers-no-9-overall-021843995.html

Edited by Michigan_Dane

21 hours ago, McFan said:

Not negative, just a joke, wouldn’t he be better served joining the track team and get coached by Coach Vives.

Interesting - Anybody who was state champ in all of those is special.  I was a track coach for a long time too!  typically they were great FB players!

Edited by HOF2013