UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Recruits for 2022 - gonna ignore the negativity and look toward the future.

HOF2013- I love the insight and your ualbany football knowledge so I do have a recruiting question. 

Who in their right mind would play for a coach with a terrible record with 1 year left on his contract? Serious question. 

I wouldn't unless it was my only offer. There is no way the team will be better next year right ? Lost their starting QB and monster RB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

No it's not relevant.  This was CLEARLY started as a NON-negative, POSITIVE looking forward post - looking at who is being recruited and is committing etc. !  NOT a bitch session looking back or at anything else.  When ALL you and your couple of buddies ever seem to want to do is post anti-staff, anti-AD, anti-UA football etc., etc. you can do that, just not here!  Take that somewhere else.   End of story!

I will post where I want within the generally accepted and spelled out rules of this forum. I will however in an effort not to be antagonistic be respectful to your positivity rave here and take the reality of what this football program and staff have become, elsewhere for the most part (unless I feel it needs to go here). Your the UA Football version of Baghdad Bob, but it's not your place to tell people where to post.  

Have a nice day!

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

HOF2013- I love the insight and your ualbany football knowledge so I do have a recruiting question. 

Who in their right mind would play for a coach with a terrible record with 1 year left on his contract? Serious question. 

I wouldn't unless it was my only offer. There is no way the team will be better next year right ? Lost their starting QB and monster RB. 

A couple of things. You have to look at the psyche of kids. I would suspect that some are leaving because they see the hand writing on the wall going forward, by that I mean, they may see talented kids coming up and maybe taking their positions.  For some kids this makes them step up and come back in better shape physically and mentally with a chip on their shoulder,  Others just leave.  Seen it happen numerous times over the years. Different psyche.  They ALL want to play College Football in HS.  That's the first thing.  PLUS the AU team had about 8 or 9 Sr and Grad students, I think [total] on the team, only 4 or 5 started - some subbed in part time. It is a very young team going forward.  Many of them are biting at the bit to play.  There are talented kids on the team who did not start at the beginning of this year but DID later in the year - the line became better over-all.

Plus, they have signed some STUDS, look at their film - And recruiting is not over. 

Next, the freshman QB looked great when he subbed and when he started. He actually took the team down field and scored when Cuff could not move the ball in 3 different games - one of them Syracuse!   Different type of QB than Cuff. But Jeff played terrible last spring and this fall.  He made really bad decisions frequently even when the line was improving.  Was he the better QB this year? I really do not think so. There are two other young QB's who did not play last year.  We have a slew of great young receivers and a couple of stud transfers coming in.

There are other RB's in the system AND they have a couple of awesome RB's coming in.  Plus, like I said, they are still recruiting. Gonna be a couple of surprises!

They were in almost every league game and COULD have won most of them - that along with the youth of the team that looks good for the future.  

There were three big O linemen who were red-shirted, and they have at least one signed.  When given a chance guys will step up - that is what typically happens.  

You are correct in that players like to win, we all do on the field, the court or whatever and in LIFE.  Do kids just randomly leave when a coach has one year left and hasn't been greatly successful - don't think so.  THEY typically look forward, to the next year and next challenge.   Been my experience that most of them have not developed the negativity than many adults have!!! Just sayin'     I personally believe that positivity leads to better things, negativity never does!

Edited by HOF2013

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I will post where I want within the generally accepted and spelled out rules of this forum. I will however in an effort not to be antagonistic be respectful to your positivity rave here and take the reality of what this football program and staff have become, elsewhere for the most part (unless I feel it needs to go here). Your the UA Football version of Baghdad Bob, but it's not your place to tell people where to post.  

Have a nice day!

Read my response to US1882 you might learn something!!!

Saw he had a lot of attention from UA the other day but waited until I saw an offer was made

CJ Onyechi, LB/DE, Rutgers has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. For the Scarlet Knights, Onyechi recorded 85 tackles, 42 of which are solo, 11.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and a fumble recovery in his time with the program.

20 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Read my response to US1882 you might learn something!!!

Listen, you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are, based on your posting record it's obvious you are just a Gattuso fanboy who every single year bombs out like the coach you love. We've all been here for years listening to you make excuses and empty promises. So your new shtick is that kids are leaving because the talent coming up is so good that they are just quitting instead of competing. Far more likely they see the writing on the wall, the failure that is this coach and throwing in the towel in a situation that is helpless and has been (with one exception) for his entire 8 year career at UA ...I call BS. You've made the same claim for years...in the last 5 years they have won this many league games. 2(10th place in CAA), 1(12th place), 6(2nd place), 1(shortened spring season), 1(dead last in the league). 

There is very little to learn from your analysis of anything related to this program. Pretty much everything you post about with the exception of naming kids who've signed or are recruited, has been empty promises and flat out wrong or has not come to fruition. That's a reality you have to live in and you do this program a disservice by enabling the losing that has gone on here for far to long. All under the guise of being "positive". What good is being positive as the program is in shambles and being burned to the ground every single year and it just keeps getting worse. 

My position is clear, under no circumstances should they even think of re-upping him short of a national championship. Gattuso is a failed experiment. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Listen, you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are, based on your posting record it's obvious you are just a Gattuso fanboy who every single year bombs out like the coach you love. We've all been here for years listening to you make excuses and empty promises. So your new shtick is that kids are leaving because the talent coming up is so good that they are just quitting instead of competing. Far more likely they see the writing on the wall, the failure that is this coach and throwing in the towel in a situation that is helpless and has been (with one exception) for his entire 8 year career at UA ...I call BS. You've made the same claim for years...in the last 5 years they have won this many league games. 2(10th place in CAA), 1(12th place), 6(2nd place), 1(shortened spring season), 1(dead last in the league). 

There is very little to learn from your analysis of anything related to this program. Pretty much everything you post about with the exception of naming kids who've signed or are recruited, has been empty promises and flat out wrong or has not come to fruition. That's a reality you have to live in and you do this program a disservice by enabling the losing that has gone on here for far to long. All under the guise of being "positive". What good is being positive as the program is in shambles and being burned to the ground every single year and it just keeps getting worse. 

My position is clear, under no circumstances should they even think of re-upping him short of a national championship. Gattuso is a failed experiment. 

You have no clue.  I do not know Coach Gatusso! By the way I have made no promises about anything.  I am not in a position to do so!!!!  I am merely a positive person and look for the positive in everything.   What I said are FACTS, weather you believe them or not does not change that.  As is true with all people who thrive on negativity it seems to be consuming you and everything you say!  Nuff said!  NOTHING that you say has any affect on the program AT ALL!!  So you can continue to spout  but do it on YOUR thread not a recruiting thread where we are simply trying to post positive info about kids that are being recruited.  As is always true of people who thrive on negativity you seem UNABLE to not try to interfere with anything or anyone who attempts to be positive.  Give us all a break!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

You have no clue.  I do not know Coach Gatusso!  I am merely a positive person and look for the positive in everything.   What I said are FACTS, weather you believe them or not does not change that.  As is true with all people who thrive on negativity it seems to be consuming you and everything you say!  Nuff said!

You call it being positive, I call it being delusional with years of nothing to show for your positivity but more losing. In conference winning % of 32%. Maybe time to get acquainted with reality. My motivation here is singular in focus, to move on from a failed regime that has been given the lion shares of resources AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PROGRAMS only to go out and lose, lose big and lose often. You actually had the temerity to tell us that they lost a lot of close games, as if that's any vindication...LOL! We get scolded by the board know it all who doesn't realize he's an emperor without clothes with a track record of failure longer than Greg Gattuso but who won't stop telling us just how much he knows about the game. You'd do well to ask yourself at what point is enough, enough! And if that question isn't in the cards, than perhaps asking yourself why this program is immeasurably WORSE off year over year while you spin like a top, firing coaches, kids are leaving, losses piling up but you want to stick your head in the sand and "remain positive". I'm embarrassed for you prostrating yourself like this before a loser. 

And I'm the one without a clue says the guy cheering on blindly like a fool a guy with a 32% in conference winning %. Yeah, I'm sure next year will be great...yet another year of calling the recruiting cycle full of studs, just like the last few years while they keep losing. Amazing! If there are so many studs...then what's the problem...why dead last most years in the CAA? Oh that's right...maybe we'll get another re-run of the excuse how hard it is to build a program in the CAA as if it's the SEC. 

SMH!

Edited by Clickclack

Your motivation is to attempt for force your negativity on every one.   YOU obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  Football actually has BROUGHT more money to athletics than any other program BY FAR. How many $$ this year for two away games??    PLEASE continue your tirade on your Gatusso  thread NOT HERE!  

AGAIN THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING INFO ON KIDS BEING RECRUITED, not your BS.  STOP!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Your motivation is to attempt for force your negativity on every one.   YOU obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  Football actually has BROUGHT more money to athletics than any other program BY FAR. How many $$ this year for two away games??    PLEASE continue your tirade on your Gatusso  thread NOT HERE!  

AGAIN THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING INFO ON KIDS BEING RECRUITED, not your BS.  STOP!

I will post whenever and wherever I want...let's go back to hearing about all the studs. I'll remind you of how full of studs this program is when they are 3-5 next year (if they are lucky). 

• Sad 1

TYPICAL negative rant.   You are behaving just like a 6 year old "I will post whenever and wherever I want."  Good grief, grow up.  Unless you are hijacking another thread you are not happy! Go look at the videos of the recruits and try to learn something about the kids and if they might add to the program. If they might add to needs the team has.  THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD. PERIOD!   You can't change the next year so what difference does your rant make, or your constant negativity? NONE!

• Thanks 2

At the end of the day the program has regressed but the sky is not falling.(LOL I know I’m going to get pounded for that comment) This upheaval is normal and will happen EVERY year. This will provide multiple opportunities for kids already in the program and transfers from other programs. Alot can change in a year... I’ve seen it happen before. An influx of talent and new players will bring new energy and may be what the Dr. ordered These kids that transfer out I say good riddance with the exception of Verse. A 2-9 team with all these “thoroughbreds” really hasn’t impressed me. Yes they were in every game and if not for special teams failures the record would be different. A coaching change is probably going to happen but most kids don’t care they want to play college ball and if they can get a scholarship even better. These kids for the most part already know the NFL is a pipe dream. Kids that have visions of the NFL go to Auburn or Alabama not Albany. The program will be better with new players and it is not quite the dumpster fire people think. As Ford would say the sun will come up tomorrow and the grass will still be green, life goes on. A new coach may be inevitable and there are plenty of quality coaches that would jump to coach this program. I will go out on a limb and regret it later but I believe they will be much improved next season because they are all coaching for their football lives.  

• Like 1

For pretty much all of my adult working life I was an analyst. It was in different fields, but it probably best describes what I did. At some point my loyalty to a team and a seemingly blind optimism every off season gave way to the more rational and analytic side. I reach a point where a record or a statistic begins to speak volumes to me. A coaching hire looks sound, until it’s not. A stud QB looks great on film and then falls flat on Saturdays. A big time recruit looks like the real deal, until they’re not. Given enough time, even a bad coaching staff with marginal recruits can have the stars align and produce a decent year. So I consider myself a realistic optimist. If my comments ever appear negative, be assured it’s not based on inherent negativity on my part, but on careful observance of historical won loss records, statistics, performance and reaction to adverse outcomes.  If that paints me as negative....so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, haggyland said:

If he isn't he sure as hell should be.

This program isn't interesting, successful, or notable enough to attract the casual fan.

This program needs every ClickClack it can get. Guys that sit through poor play and crappy weather every year (except one) to support the program.  Guys that give money to the department and that stuff their faces with horrible concession food.  Guys that go on message boards with opinions, trying to create any semblance of interest they can from a waning fanbase.

The ClickClacks are the only ones left.  Lose them and you have nothing and nobody....and a pretty $ienaty legacy when you go job hunting yourself when your contract runs out.

He shouldn't only be heartbroken.  He should be standing at the Western Avenue entrance with his lips puckered, waiting to kiss the ass of anyone dedicated and foolish enough to spend their valued time and money on a product that he helped kill.

I used to get 3-4 alumni to join me 3-5 times a year to make the trip up for a couple football games, a couple basketball games and a lax game.  Now no one cares.  I recruited them and got them into our athletics.  They were interested, they were buying tickets, watching games, DONATING.  This season I couldn't get ONE to come up with me to a football game.  Even having a hard time getting anyone for a basketball game trip.  It sucks and me being the fanatic of the group cannot even find a positive spin to put on anything.  IT STINKS!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2