UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

1 minute ago, dslyank said:

Isn't that just for "celebrities?"  Doesn't do anything to encourage the "public" to spend some money on concessions and increase UA's $ intake/income.

Unless it's changed, the concessions have nothing to do with UAs revenue. Last I knew UA gave a contract and get a flat fee regardless of sales. The department makes the same amount from concessions if they sell $100 or $100,000 worth of food and beverage during a game. The only motivation the department has to improve concessions is if it starts to affect attendance, which I believe that is has. 

As far as the courtside corner goes, I don't know what the donation amount required is to get access to it, but I don't qualify. I chose cheeper seats because I like the location better than the more expensive seats. I've had 4 Tix in the same basic spot for over a decade. I've made additional donations each year for at least the last 5, but my per year number is still relatively small, so I can't get in there. I guess it would be nice to access it, but the vast majority of fans can not. The $iena options with terrible quality is 100% harming attendance. I'm happy to spend money buying food and drinks at each game, but I can't because the options available are terrible.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Unless it's changed, the concessions have nothing to do with UAs revenue. Last I knew UA gave a contract and get a flat fee regardless of sales. The department makes the same amount from concessions if they sell $100 or $100,000 worth of food and beverage during a game. The only motivation the department has to improve concessions is if it starts to affect attendance, which I believe that is has. 

As far as the courtside corner goes, I don't know what the donation amount required is to get access to it, but I don't qualify. I chose cheeper seats because I like the location better than the more expensive seats. I've had 4 Tix in the same basic spot for over a decade. I've made additional donations each year for at least the last 5, but my per year number is still relatively small, so I can't get in there. I guess it would be nice to access it, but the vast majority of fans can not. The $iena options with terrible quality is 100% harming attendance. I'm happy to spend money buying food and drinks at each game, but I can't because the options available are terrible.

You have to donate at the 1844 society level ($1000). I don't believe it all has to be to Athletics to qualify.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:28 PM, UAalum72 said:

Of course there will be many more concession areas around the concourse for men’s games when the students are back. Won’t help the selection/ quality though

There seems to be less concessions as the season progresses, I would use the term concessions lightly, if at all.