UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

8 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

I don't remember seeing the renditions of Phase 3. If they occur, it will be an awesome entrance to the complex. Anyone have any idea as to when the phase will be implemented? Or even what needs to occur before it gets started?

Per my understanding, Phase 2 (core renovation of Broadview, e.g. the squash courts, lockers, etc). would cost around another 12 million and Phase three another 15-20.  So, I'd say a LOOOOONG way away.

I have also seen renderings of what the core change might look like, which are pretty sweet.  

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

Per my understanding, Phase 2 (core renovation of Broadview, e.g. the squash courts, lockers, etc). would cost around another 12 million and Phase three another 15-20.  So, I'd say a LOOOOONG way away.

I have also seen renderings of what the core change might look like, which are pretty sweet.  

Thanks for that information. How much of the needed funding can come from the State?

4 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

Thanks for that information. How much of the needed funding can come from the State?

All of it, if they are so inclined.  However, I have to think the Indoor Facility, the finishing of the PE gym, and potential upgrades to softball (thinking Baseball can play at Bruno) are the top priorities. 

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

All of it, if they are so inclined.  However, I have to think the Indoor Facility, the finishing of the PE gym, and potential upgrades to softball (thinking Baseball can play at Bruno) are the top priorities. 

I agree on the most important priorities. What would be involved in upgrading the baseball facilities?

12 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

I agree on the most important priorities. What would be involved in upgrading the baseball facilities?

Minimum- stands, press box, batting cages.

Medium case- all the above and turn field.

Best case- all the above, scoreboard, lockerrooms, and lights.

Check your messages!!!

Edited by Dane96

https://www.slamcoll.com/images/resources/2022 NACDA BROCHURE_final_reduced.pdf

Go to page 11.  Above the SEFCU arena photo. You can enlarge it.  This is supposed to be part of the "core" renovation, per my understanding from contacts here in Boston.   It shows a workout facility and indoor running area. 

Edited by Dane96

Baseball at Bruno stadium makes a lot of sense.  Tri Valley Cats don't play games till Mid May, I think Lowell plays in a minor league stadium.  The indoor track and field facility makes to much sense not to happen.  Does the CR have any type of venue similar?  Sorry it has been 16 years since I left the area.  What was the cost projection 10 million?  

D96 thanks for sharing a picture of what the core of SEFCU would look like.  It would be nice to see happen.  Hope rumors become reality of they are positive for the AD and UA.

Edited by B9j2j6s

14 hours ago, olddog71 said:

I don't remember seeing the renditions of Phase 3. If they occur, it will be an awesome entrance to the complex. Anyone have any idea as to when the phase will be implemented? Or even what needs to occur before it gets started?

Completing the PE Renovation is key before any further additions to Broadview will be considered. Having capital dollars in the bank is always the key to these types of projects.

20 hours ago, Dane96 said:

https://www.slamcoll.com/images/resources/2022 NACDA BROCHURE_final_reduced.pdf

Go to page 11.  Above the SEFCU arena photo. You can enlarge it.  This is supposed to be part of the "core" renovation, per my understanding from contacts here in Boston.   It shows a workout facility and indoor running area. 

7 hours ago, Brutus said:

Completing the PE Renovation is key before any further additions to Broadview will be considered. Having capital dollars in the bank is always the key to these types of projects.

This was a rendering developed early on for the Athletics fitness center that will be in the renovated PE Bldg, not SEFCU Core. The final design for PE will have a similar look and feel.

2 minutes ago, Brutus said:

This was a rendering developed early on for the Athletics fitness center that will be in the renovated PE Bldg, not SEFCU Core. The final design for PE will have a similar look and feel.

Great info.  It was a bit bizarre looking when I saw the columns, so it was confusing to me as I don't recall ANY columns in the core of SEFCU.  However, the person that gave me the brochure did not give me any further info other than pointing out the photo.  It said SEFCU Arena, so I figured it was the core.  Mea Culpa.  :)  No matter where it is, it looks great.

Now the million dollar question you may not be willing or can answer: what is the status with the PE building...is that something that funding is in place for in the NEAR TERM.