UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

I would like to see how the entrance area looks also. The Hall of Fame room is no longer the Hall of Fame room correct? I would think the entire entrance area has been re-done? I just need my Damien statue though. Every time I walked in to that arena I rubbed the statue for luck.

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I would like to see how the entrance area looks also. The Hall of Fame room is no longer the Hall of Fame room correct? I would think the entire entrance area has been re-done? I just need my Damien statue though. Every time I walked in to that arena I rubbed the statue for luck.

As I recall from previous postings by others here, The Hall of Fame Room will return to its previous location in Broadview Center once work is completed in University Gym.

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

As I recall from previous postings by others here, The Hall of Fame Room will return to its previous location in Broadview Center once work is completed in University Gym.

Correct.  It is the temporary site of sports medicine.   My understanding is the expanded sports medicine facility will be in the area the basketball teams are currently practicing, and will start renovations once the teams are out.  Upon completion, the Hall of Fame Room goes back to Broadview.  No major updates to the entrance that I am aware of and if any are planned, which is unlikely, it's probably part of Phase 3.  Remember, Phase 3 puts a whole new entrance on Broadview (if completed), with team stores, ticketing, other gathering areas, two (maybe 3?) decks, and I believe some expanded seating / potential club or box areas on the Eastern side of the building closest to Casey Stadium.  

UAlbany_Basketball_Arena_Lobby_BallParchitecture.jpg?format=750w

UAlbany_Basketball_Arena_Elevation_BallParchitecture.jpg?format=750w

UAlbany_Basketball_Arena_Exterior_BallPa

2 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

got it...so all entrances and exits remain the same for now

Correct...and likely for a LOOOONG while.

My guess on "next up" facilities, in order:

1. Indoor Practice Facility

2. Updates to Softball and Baseball (so long as the sport is not dropped, and I doubt it will be).

I've heard some VERY interesting things of late from some very credible sources. 

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

No, that’s not what will happen. Sports Medicine will continue to reside there until the major renovation of PE is completed.

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Correct...and likely for a LOOOONG while.

My guess on "next up" facilities, in order:

1. Indoor Practice Facility

2. Updates to Softball and Baseball (so long as the sport is not dropped, and I doubt it will be).

I've heard some VERY interesting things of late from some very credible sources. 

wait...baseball being dropped? That is interesting. Would it be replaced with another sport? Can't drop that kinda nugget, lol

27 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

wait...baseball being dropped? That is interesting. Would it be replaced with another sport? Can't drop that kinda nugget, lol

No.....not being dropped.  I said I doubt it will be.  Based on what I am hearing about some other things, in fact the opposite will occur.  It would receive more funding...and either we upgrade the facility a bit or we play more games at Bruno.

Some things are afoot per very, very credible sources...dependent on some other things that need to drop (and seem to be a foregone conclusion to occur).  

BTW, there was a major decision in a California court the other day that will greatly impact the NCAA, and could spell the end of the NCAA as we know it.  It will be appealed but in short, the ruling clears the way for a damage claim against the NCAA that can reach in the billions to pay former student athletes who won their collusion case.  It will also fast track consolidation and likely see the top 80 or so teams breakaway from the NCAA so they can be pure, for profit businesses.  

8 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Correct.  It is the temporary site of sports medicine.   My understanding is the expanded sports medicine facility will be in the area the basketball teams are currently practicing, and will start renovations once the teams are out.  Upon completion, the Hall of Fame Room goes back to Broadview.  No major updates to the entrance that I am aware of and if any are planned, which is unlikely, it's probably part of Phase 3.  Remember, Phase 3 puts a whole new entrance on Broadview (if completed), with team stores, ticketing, other gathering areas, two (maybe 3?) decks, and I believe some expanded seating / potential club or box areas on the Eastern side of the building closest to Casey Stadium.  

I don't remember seeing the renditions of Phase 3. If they occur, it will be an awesome entrance to the complex. Anyone have any idea as to when the phase will be implemented? Or even what needs to occur before it gets started?