UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

10 hours ago, Dane96 said:

100 per seat, with a 275 GDAC donation.  It has the larger, cushioned premium seats and is the "Club" section with food and drink.  For 31 per game, all in cost with donation, it's not bad. 

Thanks.  Figured it was something like that.  Overall prices aren’t bad.  It’ll be interesting to see how those “club” seats sell.  I’m more of a good view type purchaser and those aren’t great viewing seats.  Purple seems the play for our group.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McFan said:

Thanks.  Figured it was something like that.  Overall prices aren’t bad.  It’ll be interesting to see how those “club” seats sell.  I’m more of a good view type purchaser and those aren’t great viewing seats.  Purple seems the play for our group.   

I agree. I like being about 3 qtrs up & center court. But I have to admit that when I saw the corner view it was really excellent. Probably go white this year might move up to purple for comfort next year, if purple view better & more comfortable..??

16 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I agree. I like being about 3 qtrs up & center court. But I have to admit that when I saw the corner view it was really excellent. Probably go white this year might move up to purple for comfort next year, if purple view better & more 

Really. I was told by one person the best seats are Courtside with the ref standing in front  of you. 😀 

I prefer to be up a few rows. Will see what is available. Last row of the "white" section or 2nd row of the purple would seem to be my preference 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar issue viewing it.  Went to AE board and saw it easily.  D96 and Paul thanks for posting and taking the picture.  It looks amazing.  Can't believe it is the same Arena.  Much needed upgrade can't wait till December or January to see it in person.  Concept pictures aren't doing it justice.

1 minute ago, B9j2j6s said:

Had a similar issue viewing it.  Went to AE board and saw it easily.  D96 and Paul thanks for posting and taking the picture.  It looks amazing.  Can't believe it is the same Arena.  Much needed upgrade can't wait till December or January to see it in person.  Concept pictures aren't doing it justice.

Yeah, this board has limitations at times.  I reposted it above, using a link instead of a drop.

My only complaint, and this is super minor, is I was hoping the tunnels (where it says UAlbany) were going to be dasher boards for game day use.  I would presume four of them would run in the 500k range, if not more...so that is going to have to be a donation.  That is about the only thing that I would say would have been a "cool add".  

Otherwise, the place is stunning. 

I would love for them to put banners up along the wall for each NCAA tournament appearance and each retired number.  I don't like the multiple year singular banners.  Also aside from Jamar who on the men's side deserve to have their numbers retired?  Does WB deserve to have a banner like Doc Sauers does?

Edited by B9j2j6s

I cant wait for the seat selection nights. I am still beyond torn. Looks like the purple seats have more rows behind the players than on the opposite side. Id way rather sit across from the benches than behind them.  I'll probably end up in the white seats, as I'd love to be in a similar spot to where I was ... center court, mid/lower level. Closer to the floor, but high enough where the media table doesn't block much view. The bottom row of the purple section behind the benches looks great, and will probably be desirable. Would be perfect if mirrored across the floor instead of those 2 row sections.

To me, the number 1 factor in seat selection is view of the floor. I want to be as close as possible to center court, and a few rows up to have a good view of the entire floor. Courtside is fun every so often, but I don't like the view nearly as much. After view, I guess the new amenities will make the biggest difference. I heard a rumor that they will be getting licensed to sell adult beverages in the arena.  Do you have to be in the purple to buy them/have them at your seat? I really could care less about the buffet or having a dedicated concession line. I'm there for the game, not some old pasta, but it would be nice to have an adult beverage while watching. 

Edited by godanesgo99

I had an opportunity to pop into Broadview Center a couple of hours ago ... Wow !!!! ... Exceeded Expectations !!!! ... not complete, but it appears on track ... crew working indicated that everything was on schedule ... again, it did not fail to meet my hopes that it was being done "correctly" ... details matter and it looks like the Athletic Dept. "tried" ... didn't feel: "cookie cutter"/"generic"/"bureaucratic"  ... eager to see the finished product in the weeks ahead 

3 hours ago, S-money said:

Is that the new floor or old floor? Would be surprising if they’re using all that equipment over the new floor. 

New.  Equipment like that is used all the time in arenas around the world.  Is not an issue. 

Edited by Dane96