UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Eli changed the title to Game #6: 10/15/22 - 3:30PM vs Hampton

lol. What a disastrous 2nd half to a first year CAA team. We are about to go 0-2 against brand new CAA teams.

I've been asked to be positive and I've tried, I've REALLY tried...but this is just atrocious. This is bad football. This is a bad football team.

Edited by Eli

That's a tough end there, 1 yard away, but...and here's the kicker...WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN IN OT. WE HAVE LOST TWO CAA GAMES TO TEAMS PLAYING IN THE CAA FOR THE FIRST F'IN TIME! We are in year nine. 9!!!!! And to make matters worse, it was on homecoming weekend where we ONCE AGAIN will squander a good crowd and turn off a bunch of fans from ever watching another UA FB game.

I don't even want to hear 'we were 1 score away' or 'we were 1 yard away'...that's a BS excuse and it has been used ad nauseum for 8 of the past 9 years. IT'S OLD. Win or STHU.

I was asked by the athletic department to be positive online in order to secure parking passes for the CCSU game, but I'm done. I don't care anymore. I will burn whatever bridge I have left to burn. I will trash Gattuso until the day he is fired. Hopefully the top of the Athletic Department (multiple people who enable this clown show to go on year after year after year) go with him. We need to clean house. I will likely still support MBB with season tickets, but I will not spend another dime on football until a regime change occurs (that includes FloFootball). What is Rodriguez doing/thinking keep Benson and Gattuso around? I keep trying to show them grace and give them second chances and they don't deserve it. Tired of watching this garbage.

We once had a super promising athletic program. Football was decent/good in the NEC. MBB and WBB were winning championships. Lacrosse was #1 in the entire freakin country. Where are we now? Sure, we have a decent Casey stadium and a soon-to-be-shiny SEFCU...but I'd rather play in dumps and win games than play in facilities that will be 20% full because our programs suck.

I will finish with this (as of tonight):

2022-10-15-19-30-45-UAlbany-Football-Sch

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Stats rankings update.

Notables:

• We allow nearly 10PPG more than the next worst defense.
  • We have a really good offense but an AWFUL/ATROCIOUS defense. Wasn't that Gattuso's specialty? Isn't he a defensive coach?
  • Opponents convert 3rd down more than half the time against us, worst in the league.
  • Ditto for 4th down, more than 50% of the time but we are 11th out of 13 in the league

2022-10-15-19-46-47-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

Edited by Eli