UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men’s Lacrosse Coach Scott Marr Signs Contract Extension Through 2026

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2022/12/12/mens-lacrosse-coach-scott-marr-signs-contract-extension-through-2026.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3DGNcCMe2XCRzpgqZH9aZIyhfhA5NquLZfTP7hIURt_h1UmM9DCr-Ypaw

ALBANY, N.Y. – University at Albany Director of Athletics Mark Benson announced Monday the extension of head men's lacrosse coach Scott Marr through the 2026 season.

"For more than two decades, Scott has done an exemplary job growing our men's lacrosse program into a regional and national power," said Benson.  "From hitting #1 in the polls for the first time, to the program's first-ever trip to the Final Four, and to the nine America East titles and the 10 appearances in the NCAA Tournament, Scott has made UAlbany lacrosse a force to be reckoned with.  We have the utmost confidence in Scott to continue to guide our men's lacrosse program to even greater heights in the years to come."

No doubt, Mark Benson was looking to stem the tide of bad press coming out of UAlbany ... In my opinion, this was right direction to go, since I question our athlete department ability to recruit a quality coach for any sport further I believe Scott Marr is ready to lead the Great Danes back to the NCAA Tournament, such a respected member of the lacrosse community .... my only comment to Scott, please work on your out of season communication with the fan base .... other Division One schools seem to be able to communicate with their fan base during the off season ....

• Like 1

OK. We still have a coach; how about a roster & schedule?? TU article mentioned 10 home games?? Usually rotates from year to year 6 to 8 home games. Not sure how you get 10 in a schedule that is usually 14-16 total games; but I like it, if true.

Some information about the team, recruits and who they are would be nice. Also, by now season ticket prices and deadlines would have been out for a while??

35 minutes ago, dslyank said:

OK. We still have a coach; how about a roster & schedule?? TU article mentioned 10 home games?? Usually rotates from year to year 6 to 8 home games. Not sure how you get 10 in a schedule that is usually 14-16 total games; but I like it, if true.

Some information about the team, recruits and who they are would be nice. Also, by now season ticket prices and deadlines would have been out for a while??

Perhaps, a tightly worded email to Cara White, Associate AD and Administer-in-Charge for lacrosse of the need for better communication involving the lacrosse program may be helpful.  Well, it is Christmas Time, so you can believe anything is possible, in this case not likely.  Oh dear, there I go critical of UAlbany Sports administration.

Scott is quoted as saying that OOC Home schedule includes Maryland, Cornell, Drexal, Massachusetts, Yale and Penn .... at least three in conference matches... so I see at least nine home matches .... with an OOC match at Syracuse, we may have one of the toughest schedules in D1 particularly OOC

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Scott is quoted as saying that OOC Home schedule includes Maryland, Cornell, Drexal, Massachusetts, Yale and Penn .... at least three in conference matches... so I see at least nine home matches .... with an OOC match at Syracuse, we may have one of the toughest schedules in D1 particularly OOC

The Penn game is an away game.

• Thanks 1

I'm excited he was inked for another 4 years. Yes I posted in another thread asking if it was time to move on from Marr, but that was more tongue in cheek and wondering what the school could do to get back to where it was just a few short years ago.

Good for him and good for the program. Now get out there and recruit. Sell the rag tag misfit story that made this program so endearing every year and got it featured in national press for the photos and such. Make the team interesting and fun and a place that players want to be again.

9 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm excited he was inked for another 4 years. Yes I posted in another thread asking if it was time to move on from Marr, but that was more tongue in cheek and wondering what the school could do to get back to where it was just a few short years ago.

Good for him and good for the program. Now get out there and recruit. Sell the rag tag misfit story that made this program so endearing every year and got it featured in national press for the photos and such. Make the team interesting and fun and a place that players want to be again.

During last season, I too, wanted a change as the program has fallen to middle of the pack.  Marr hasn't found and signed game changing talent like the Thompson's,Tehoka, or Fields the past few years so we are average.  And those fellas made others around them better and gave UA multiple All-Americans like Reh, Coloruso, McClancy, etc.  

I do say that if any of the staff leaves, Marr needs to look outside of his "tree" to get fresh new ideas from a non-UA grad.  

LOL ... I had an opportunity to see this team practice during the final regular season Field Hockey match ... my takeaway ... the team was practicing hard and having fun .... Scott Marr and his staff appeared happy and calm.  Their interaction with the players seemed so natural ... a type of maturity that comes with time... if a NCAA bid is to be it is not from the lack of trying ... with the portal and number of D1 schools now playing the game ... reaching the goal is harder.

2 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

During last season, I too, wanted a change as the program has fallen to middle of the pack.  Marr hasn't found and signed game changing talent like the Thompson's,Tehoka, or Fields the past few years so we are average.  And those fellas made others around them better and gave UA multiple All-Americans like Reh, Coloruso, McClancy, etc.  

I do say that if any of the staff leaves, Marr needs to look outside of his "tree" to get fresh new ideas from a non-UA grad.  

Over the last four or five, the assistant coaches in MBB, MLAX and FOOTBALL have taken knocks as part of the problem whether or not the team had a successful season.  I have heard this in the stands for many years,,,, even asked myself last night watching the MBB team ... what does Killing's assistants contribute to the game.... not going to repeat here what I thought in my reply to myself...