UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CNSE is coming home!!!!

Dane96

1 hour ago, UAlbany09 said:

This is great to hear. I’m curious what they plan to do with the Utica campus. Could it be turned into a satellite campus for UAlbany? 

SUNY Polytechnic still has four other colleges - Arts & Science, Engineering, Health Sciences, and Business. They've just started a search for a permanent President.

Their real question is what they do with the Marcy Nanocenter campus developed for semiconductor & advanced technology manufacturing facilities. It's 14 miles from Poly. Since I think the research was still being done in Albany anyway, they might not have to change anything,

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 3:13 PM, UAalum72 said:

Changeover will be Sept. 1.  CNSE in Utica will remain separate, so only the grad students on Fuller Road will be part of UAlbany

Is that when the signage on the buildings is going to change? I was visiting Albany this past week and drove by the Nano college buildings on the highway and noticed they still say SUNY Poly on them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Clickclack said:

behind paywall...can anyone post if UA is mentioned?

They don't mention UA specifically, but here are some good passages:

Mr. Schumer insists that New York will win federal dollars on its own merits, but he is also explicit about the benefit his position brings. In June, as he walked the sunlit halls of the Albany NanoTech Complex, a long-running chip research and educational facility, Mr. Schumer said he “did not close out a single discussion” with a semiconductor company without encouraging it to invest in New York."

Mr. Schumer paused to peer over his reading glasses at a smooth, white box the size of a mobile home: an extreme ultraviolet lithography machine, made by the Dutch firm ASML, arguably the most advanced piece of machinery ever developed.

Albany NanoTech is the only public research facility in the United States with such a machine. The facility is applying for federal funding to build a new clean room in an adjacent parking lot, and it hopes to become home to part of the government’s new research center.

“This is the perfect place,” Mr. Schumer said. “When we wrote the CHIPS and Science bill to set up a National Semiconductor Technology Center, I had Albany in mind. And I’m pushing to get it.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 3:13 PM, UAalum72 said:

Changeover will be Sept. 1.  CNSE in Utica will remain separate, so only the grad students on Fuller Road will be part of UAlbany

Heard from a reliable source:  UNDERGRADS in Albany will absolutely be included in "College of Nanotechnology, Science, and Engineering" and fully under UAlbany administration.😀

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just absolutely massive news today, beyond my wildest dreams. 

Governor Hochul announced a $billion dollar investment into NanoTech today, to go along with multiple billions from Tokyo Elecron, IBM, Micron, and Applied Materials to hit a 10 billion dollar semiconductor expansion at the school.  More money expected    

this is absolutely wild and puts UA on the map to levels seen at top 10 R&D schools in the country. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Just absolutely massive news today, beyond my wildest dreams. 

Governor Hochul announced a $billion dollar investment into NanoTech today, to go along with multiple billions from Tokyo Elecron, IBM, Micron, and Applied Materials to hit a 10 billion dollar semiconductor expansion at the school.  More money expected    

this is absolutely wild and puts UA on the map to levels seen at top 10 R&D schools in the country. 

Unless I'm missing something, this is truly next level for UA.

But...why not a dot of a mention on their news page or their social media??