UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #24: 2/4/23 - 3PM vs Vermont

Eli

1 hour ago, Ron said:

Who decided to have the Growl against Vermont?   That person should also be fired.  This was by far the largest crowd of the season.  We left when Vermont was up by 30.

While we've discussed before "why have the Growl vs. the opponents that travel best?" in fact this is at least the fifth time Vermont has played the growl (of the 25 games), Stony Brook at least four. Records are shaky if not nonexistent on the school's web site before 2006.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, dslyank said:

Got two T’s for hustle. 

I don't generally defend the refs and I certainly don't recommend anyone watching that game again but you should take another look at the second tech. Jackson plays tough D but that wasn't a good play although I understand the frustration.

15 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Jackson plays tough D but that wasn't a good play although I understand the frustration.

I agree bad play on Jackson's part. But from watching it live and hunting it down on the replay (sorry not going to look a third time🥲) seemed to me he was just in a bad position and flaying; sort of like he did not even know where he or his opponent was. Did not seem to me any intent to be flagrant? You could be right; perhaps he was frustrated and got physical with intent--I don't really know. 

But at least someone on the team is playing tough. And getting ejected at that point was NOT going to change the results one way or another. Will he have to sit Wednesday too??

17 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I don't generally defend the refs and I certainly don't recommend anyone watching that game again but you should take another look at the second tech. Jackson plays tough D but that wasn't a good play although I understand the frustration.

I was giving Jackson credit. I watched the replay on my phone right after it happened, and it looked like Jackson directed him into a standing wall of another player to intentionally knock him down hard. To me it looked intentional and I now love Jackson because of it. Sullivan always seemed to be a trash talking ahole. The player you want on your team but hate if he is the opponent. Kind like it felt that Beagle was going to become when he barked at the Siena bench earlier in the year.

25 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I was giving Jackson credit. I watched the replay on my phone right after it happened, and it looked like Jackson directed him into a standing wall of another player to intentionally knock him down hard. To me it looked intentional and I now love Jackson because of it. Sullivan always seemed to be a trash talking ahole. The player you want on your team but hate if he is the opponent. Kind like it felt that Beagle was going to become when he barked at the Siena bench earlier in the year.

No doubt Sullivan is a PITA. Vermont tends to always have one of those guys on their roster.

I guess I wasn't crazy about Killings talking about Vermont being tough and Albany not being tough. The word I would have used was "discipline." Vermont was organized and disciplined and we were unorganized and undisciplined. 

• Like 1