UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #24: 2/4/23 - 3PM vs Vermont

Eli

Since Luke F went on the offense with the civil and criminal cases, between the MBB and Dwyane Killings, the only one playing defense is Killings.  In my opinion, Killing's attorney request for a delay in any proceedings until March 20, 2023, is for Killings benefit and will likely seek delays as long as the court permits.  Whether found guilty or innocent, Killings wants to make the situation more difficult for Mark Benson to make a decision not in Killings favor.

Perhaps, Benson has already made his mind up.  Let us see what the next 3 or 4 weeks bring.   

17 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Since I'm the guy who is always too positive and I definitely have my head in the sand after this game, I won't comment on any of the game action, as there wasn't much to be positive about. That said, I can say that Marcus Jackson is now officially my favorite player on this team. Anyone who will set a play to intentionally get to Sullivan is a hero in my book. Not sure why, but I have never been able to stand that kid. I'm nice to everyone. Can normally get along with everyone. If anything I'm too positive. That kid can get hit with hard fouls all day in my book. Go Jackson!

In the spirit of this post, I'll share my all-time most hated team from the AE:

PG: Pancake Thomas

SG: Finn Sullivan

SG:  Miles Latimer

PF: Taylor Coppenwrath

C Hassan Attia

Bench: Max Twyman

😄

Edited by godanesgo99

28 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

C Hassan Attia

😄

JJ Barea would be my point guard.

In other action, someone should remind Benson and Killings recruiting does not get easier by losing and there is no draft.

In other AE action:

Saturday, February 4, 2023 Men's Basketball
  Away Home Result Location Links

BryantBryant70

Final
Smithfield, RI (Conf.) Box Score

NJITNJIT61

Final
Lowell, Mass. (Conf.) Box Score

UMBCUMBC49
MaineMaine84

Final
Orono, ME (Conf.) Box Score Full Game Archive

Final
Troy, N.Y. (Conf.) Box Score Full Game Archive

59 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

C Hassan Attia

😄

Let me add a few off the top of my head: Tommy Brenton=Stony Brook, and Mike Trimboli=Vermont. Trimboli the biggest whiner in AE history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Go Jackson!

Got two T’s for hustle. Not that it mattered; no way UA wins this game but official calling pretty much one sided. VT pushing & shoving all game long. What ever happened to hands off on D??? Now if O simply puts out a hand to get D’s hands off ,it’s hooking. Granted officials were calling it both ways; but imho needs to enforce the hand off rule first. Anyhow a lot of pushing and shoving both ways especially on VT. Meanwhile Jackson gets two BS T’s. Fast forwarded to both to see again (I am not crazy enough to re-watch the whole disaster. ) The first T, Jackson was running in to get a rebound, Sullivan was standing under the basket Jackson tried to stop himself & just slid into Sullivan. Unfortunately he had his hands extended in front of him as he tried to stop himself. Will be called flagrant pretty much everytime, but there really did not appear any INTENT to harm. The second T, looked like Jackson was just spinning around looking for someone to cover. Again his arms were away from his body and he caught Sullivan with an elbow, which Sullivan really “sold” on. Certainly a bad play by Jackson, out of position & unaware who was around him & he seemed confused who to cover & where to be. But again did not look like any INTENT shown?  
Maybe I’m wrong and Jackson was just playing tough, in which case UA could certainly use some toughness. But in these two incidents, simply looked like clumsiness for lack of a better word??

7 hours ago, Dane96 said:

This team with recruits and the return of injured players is no better than. 6th place team next year.  Y’all who try to be positive can keep burying your heads in the sand.  

the coaching is abjectly awful.  Terrible hire.  End discussion.  Team may have some talent collected but it does not know how to play as a team, with strategy, and is Divisikn 2 mid level.  Our early d1 teams were not this bad because they at least played within a system even though they lacked talent and had some poor w/l years.  

this is pitiful.  And remember this: the America East is not a good league this year. 

I concur completely. It can’t be saId enough…Benson and Killings both need to be summarily dismissed. This needs to be fixed now…as a Syracuse undergrad alum I can tell you all about how a bad fire/hire decision absolutely wrecked a very good P5 football program for at least 20 years! I know many of you don’t want to go to the past but…their are a few WB alumni and past WB assistants out there that understand the UA hoops tradition and culture…and can get this ship righted in a hurry…Eric Eaton, John Iati and Brent Wilson come to mind and I am sure there are others. Killings flat out stinks as a coach….he should find another line of work cause this just ain’t happening for him; and Benson needs to return to his prior life hawking beverage pouring rights to college food services.

Edited by OrangeDane

21 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Thus, it fell to him and deputy athletic director Vic Cegles to explain the importance of the Vermont-UAlbany rivalry to the rest of the team before the Great Danes (6-18, 1-8 America East) host the Catamounts (12-10, 6-2) at 3 p.m. Saturday.

The him in this quote is Trey Hutcheson. This prep talk from Trey Hutcheson and Vic Cegles needs to be thrown in the dumpster fire.  Please Vic Cegles NO MORE PREP TALKS!!!!