UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 2 - Saturday, September 2, 2023, 6:00 PM Joan C Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV

3 minutes ago, jimbo said:

ESPN+ working ok for me. Wonder if they’ll stop trying to run inside? 

I don't really like it either by maybe that far in the red zone they wanted to play it safe.  Worked I guess.  Moving the ball now..

This has been an insanely good performance. Anyone, anyone, I do mean anyone who can’t see that, after 1.5 games, this team is vastly improve just is out for Gattuso.  

Marshall actually got better (transfers) on defense than last year, and last year’s team was lights out…one of the best in FBS.  So I’m not worrying about the offense. 

Defensively, we are playing unreal football after a slow start.  

special teams, aside from the missed FG, is much better.  

Remember, Marshall was pre-season #6 in the Sun Belt, and they are fourth in the stacked East Division (JMU, App St, Coastal, then Marshall).  

I am very happy and now, as much as I want a win…I’m just hoping for no injuries.  I expect Marshall to come out swinging, so we need to move the ball on our opening drive.  

Been watching on an IPAD. Did Winston. come back?  His injury did not look good at all.  That would be a major blow.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This has been an insanely good performance. Anyone, anyone, I do mean anyone who can’t see that, after 1.5 games, this team is vastly improve just is out for Gattuso.  

Marshall actually got better (transfers) on defense than last year, and last year’s team was lights out…one of the best in FBS.  So I’m not worrying about the offense. 

Defensively, we are playing unreal football after a slow start.  

special teams, aside from the missed FG, is much better.  

Remember, Marshall was pre-season #6 in the Sun Belt, and they are fourth in the stacked East Division (JMU, App St, Coastal, then Marshall).  

I am very happy and now, as much as I want a win…I’m just hoping for no injuries.  I expect Marshall to come out swinging, so we need to move the ball on our opening drive.  

Been watching on an IPAD. Did Winston. come back?  His injury did not look good at all.  That would be a major blow.  

I'll give Gattuso his due when he earns it and right now it seems to be he's earning it. I don't like the man personally, but I won't let that cloud my view of the product on the field. If he can keep this up for the season especially in the CAA, we are going to have a great season. 

I just want a winning program...don't care if it ends up being a guy who was a perennial loser for the first decade he was here. Winning fixes everything. 

I’m watching! Three points in the the first half and 28 in the third quarter. Much more entertaining now.  Before the game I thought that if they could keep the loss under 20, it would be a plus. So I’m real happy about this game so far. I like the guy from Bentley and the kid from GF. Eventually speed and depth will take over. Go Great Danes!