UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 2 - Saturday, September 2, 2023, 6:00 PM Joan C Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV

When my wife, who is not a big football fan, says that the announcers stink….you KNOW they stink. The production is not very good all around. The down marker is off, they’re missing plays, the camera operators seem to be on ice skates some times. Yikes. 

OK…big int!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimbo said:

When my wife, who is not a big football fan, says that the announcers stink….you KNOW they stink. The production is not very good all around. The down marker is off, they’re missing plays, the camera operators seem to be on ice skates some times. Yikes. 

OK…big int!!

He sounds like Kenneth Keith Kallenbach (if any of you know who that is...)

A great effort.  Truly.  I do worry about going to back to back FBS games.  The flight to Hawaii sucks (these guys are young, but will be stiff).  Hawaii is also no joke.   Hoping we can keep it together.

Anyone have any updates on Winston and Aden?

Secondary coverage????????   GET OUT OF THE ZONE.  Giving up 5-10 yeard very play on the corners - and they have taken adavntage of it all day..... That is hurting the defense, bottom line.

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Secondary coverage????????   GET OUT OF THE ZONE.  Giving up 5-10 yeard very play on the corners - and they have taken adavntage of it all day..... That is hurting the defense, bottom line.

You mean secondary playing off the line and giving guys space on their routes? Many of us have complained about that for years...especially @Clickclack

18 minutes ago, Eli said:

You mean secondary playing off the line and giving guys space on their routes? Many of us have complained about that for years...especially @Clickclack

Honestly, I have zero complaints about the defensive game plan in this game.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Honestly, I have zero complaints about the defensive game plan in this game.  

Not the game plan overall, BUT we have been getting beat on short pass plays because of the secondary coverage for several years.  They have the corners and safeties  line up too far from the LOS in cover 2 or 3 [when the WRs are stacked or there are trips wide out].  In my mind Instead of 8-10 yards off the ball - they should bring them in to 5-6 or 7 or so - our kids are athletes too and so be fine staying in the zone from there.  Might open thew middle zones more but this has hurt us for a long time. Makes a huge difference in the success of our opponents.   They have allowed 7-10 yard square outs for all of that time.  When you have good atheletes and they are allowed to catch those passes they some times get yards after the catch.  Those plays were successfull both games so far [and for years] - didn't hurt us against Fordham but did in this game and will going forward.  Just my opinion.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

Final observations:

Poff was the best QB on the field yesterday and the best QB I’ve ever seen playing for UA. 
The Herd’s D and O lines were dominant, especially the D. Their pass blocking completely negated our rush.

The RB from Glens Falls has a chance to be something special and Aden can’t stay on the field. The Bentley grad student is a fine RB with a good burst and some moves. 
The Herd’s fan forum denizens were highly critical of the camera work and also complaints about the PA announcer…we are not alone. 
Any time an FCS school still has a chance to win the game in the last minute against an FBS team you’d have to consider it a moral victory. 
I wish they tried more screens and swing passes.

What are the odds I can stay awake for the Hawaii game? 

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Listening to Rodger for a midnight kickoff? The game's not listed on ESPN as a future game; Hawai'i schedule says it's on Spectrum Pay-Per-View.

Ahhh…for some reason I thought it was on TV. Nope, not listening to Rodger.  My beauty sleep, of which I could use a ton, will take priority.