UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

I quickly read through their board and it seems like very intelligent and passionate fans.  

However, what I don't like is the "hedging".  They claim that we are not in the same league but in the same breath say how young they are and how old we are.  

I can see it now if they win : "Of course we were the better team, they did not deserve to be on the same field".

If they lose: "Of course we lost. We are a very young team and they are so much older. They should win."

It should be a great game and may the best team win.  We should just leave it at that. 

12 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I quickly read through their board and it seems like very intelligent and passionate fans.  

However, what I don't like is the "hedging".  They claim that we are not in the same league but in the same breath say how young they are and how old we are.  

I can see it now if they win : "Of course we were the better team, they did not deserve to be on the same field".

If they lose: "Of course we lost. We are a very young team and they are so much older. They should win."

It should be a great game and may the best team win.  We should just leave it at that. 

I'm glad someone finds them intelligent...this is the kind of nonsense that shows how intelligent they are. 

A confident team coming in on Saturday after not really putting themselves to the test throughout the season is a good thing. What their fans think is part of being a fan.

Two FBS teams better than the bottom of the barrel FBS team they beat, continuing disrespecting our giant wins against two playoff teams, one in the quarters in 'Nova. I'd like someone to explain to me how UA has played a cream puff schedule. Granted, I know we didn't play the 3-8 Idaho St. nor did we challenge ourselves against 0-11 Northern Colorado, 3-8 Cal Poly, barely .500 Webber St and Lamar. But they are tested...we are not. Clowns... they disrespect us, let them...honestly I find their fans really really dumb. One wonders how our players will adjust to a 3 hour time change...lol...played in Hawaii, did OK but will probably not be able to adjust in Idaho. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

NCAA.com ranking remaining 8 teams. Albany 3rd behind SDS and Montana. For what it's worth (not much) Idaho 6th. Imagine if we were actually tested all season like Idaho was. Again, for whatever it's worth, have to still step on the field and prove it. There are no easy games going forward. Everyone is elite here.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2023-12-05/re-ranking-final-8-fcs-playoff-teams-quarterfinals

Edited by Clickclack

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I'm glad someone finds them intelligent...this is the kind of nonsense that shows how intelligent they are. 

A confident team coming in on Saturday after not really putting themselves to the test throughout the season is a good thing. What their fans think is part of being a fan.

Two FBS teams better than the bottom of the barrel FBS team they beat, continuing disrespecting our giant wins against two playoff teams, one in the quarters in 'Nova. I'd like someone to explain to me how UA has played a cream puff schedule. Granted, I know we didn't play the 3-8 Idaho St. nor did we challenge ourselves against 0-11 Northern Colorado, 3-8 Cal Poly, barely .500 Webber St and Lamar. But they are tested...we are not. Clowns... they disrespect us, let them...honestly I find their fans really really dumb. One wonders how our players will adjust to a 3 hour time change...lol...played in Hawaii, did OK but will probably not be able to adjust in Idaho. 

This post was copied and pasted over there.  🤪

Funny thing about this whole thing is if you read both threads, everyone is saying the same thing that it's going to be a tough game for both teams.  No one is saying it's going to be a blowout (who knows though....it might be in either direction).

Edited by DanesRGood

I'm old enough to remember our first win against a fully funded Delaware (if memory serves), moving up from the NEC and even getting a game against Griz. I know many of you go even further back. I remember the $ienaty field we played on the almost completely flat rusted wooden benches where you couldn't see over the metal fence. etc. It's been a minute. So when they wonder why we only draw 2.5k a game, especially after the decade of wilderness it's been moving up to the CAA. Winning breeds interest, we haven't had much of that last decade. Have to compete against pro sports in every direction a few hours away etc. It's tough out there...

We've also been through some LEAN years for a decade with Gattuso. I'm loving all the smack talk, because honestly, it's all gravy at this point for this fan. If it ends this weekend, it was a hell of a ride. If it keeps going, that would be incredible. All joking aside, I like reading the opposing fans message board, it's all good fun. If we get worked...I may have to post the congratulations to them here, tip my cap and ask one of them to post over there. Not gonna spend $8 for a post. They've been a good sport, I expect smack talk. In fact, I would think less of their fan base if they didn't talk $iena. 

Again, all joking aside, they aren't the 4th seed because they stink. They can be explosive and I hope we are prepared and I think UA will be. Let the chips fall where they may and...

...if people from Moscow die (their football season)...they die!

giphy.gif

Edited by Clickclack

Idaho fans need to understand that our average attendance this year was like 5600 per game. WE KNOW ITS LESS THAN AN IDAHO GAME. We have had games in the past that we have had over 8,500. Opening night of the stadium we were closer to 11,000. We had decent crowds in the olden days at University Field when we played Ithaca on opening day. The drinking age in those days was 18 and the hill was always packed with students in early September. Hahahaha, I remember coming out of the locker room after a home game in those days and there would be kids passed out on the hill next to a few empty kegs! It was a beautiful sight. Obviously we dont draw as well as the Big Sky teams for all of the reasons mentioned earlier. I was at the game on Saturday and IMO there was a lot more than 2500 fans in attendance. 2500 tickets were probably sold. But they let students in for free I heard after the half. It looked like the LAX team and Hoop team was on the Berm. Anyways I am looking forward to Saturday night.

Edited by MRuler 79

Lol...they clowning us for not being able to figure out how to get a free account...I looked for like 8 seconds...this is what I see. If I have to work to open an account, it's hardly worth the effort. LOL

EDIT: Looks like if you just click login you can register but I'm just not that into them. Easier to talk $iena here...lol...never gonna go back to that account after this week. 

L4YTuBz.png

Edited by Clickclack

5 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

This post was copied and pasted over there.  🤪

Funny thing about this whole thing is if you read both threads, everyone is saying the same thing that it's going to be a tough game for both teams.  No one is saying it's going to be a blowout (who knows though....it might be in either direction).

They obviously know nothing about our schedule and the two FBS schools that we should have beat.  Typical when schools play in leagues across the counrty and really know nothng about each other.  Doesn't bother me or any of the players or coaches.   This comment may say it best ""Granted, I know we didn't play the 3-8 Idaho St. nor did we challenge ourselves against 0-11 Northern Colorado, 3-8 Cal Poly, barely .500 Webber St and Lamar. But they are tested...we are not ""

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

NCAA.com ranking remaining 8 teams. Albany 3rd behind SDS and Montana. For what it's worth (not much) Idaho 6th. Imagine if we were actually tested all season like Idaho was. Again, for whatever it's worth, have to still step on the field and prove it. There are no easy games going forward. Everyone is elite here.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2023-12-05/re-ranking-final-8-fcs-playoff-teams-quarterfinals

That's awesome to see but my math is fuzzy AF.

How does 11th in the CAA rank you 3rd in the entire country?

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

This is just a subjective ranking after each round of those left....

No, I get it. 

It was tongue in cheek.  The team was pick 11th in its league and is now seeded in the playoffs, in the final 8 teams remaining,  with a decent chance at being one of the last 4 teams standing. 

Honestly, it's crazy. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, haggyland said:

No, I get it. 

It was tongue in cheek.  The team was pick 11th in its league and is now seeded in the playoffs, in the final 8 teams remaining,  with a decent chance at being one of the last 4 teams standing. 

Honestly, it's crazy. 

Yeah, I mean if you told me this time last year this would go down like this, I'd have to ask your family to commit you.