UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

For those traveling to Moscow ID, the closest airport is the Pullman WA/ Moscow ID Regional Airport (KPUW) with limited air service to/from SEA-TAC and a flight to/from Boise ID.

Additionally, if you are looking for a pretty ride, you can fly to Spokane and it’s about 1:37.   Just came back from that neck of woods 

• Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)
37 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

OT glad we are in the FCS with a true playoff.  The Alabama or SEC bias is ridiculous in the FBS.  Glad the 4 team playoff is going the way of the dinosaurs.

Agree. I think 12 is too many though…..8 would be just right. Probably wanted a system with first round play in games and byes for the top 4.  It’s always bugged me that they have allowed more than one team from the same conference in the CFP. It didn’t happen this year, but IMHO if you don’t win your conference you don’t belong in a four team playoff. Gotta use the conference championships as an elimination game. I do think that FSU would be a big underdog against any of the teams that got in, but it would have been fun to see that defense against the others. I’m thinking that before too long the P4 teams will part ways from the rest of FBS and perhaps the NCAA as well. Especially with NIL and $$ flying around.  

4 hours ago, alum73 said:

There's a direct flight from Albany to Dallas now and there's a direct flight from Dallas to Moscow ID.

I stand by my earlier statement, the only scheduled air service is between Pullman WA and Seattle WA & Boise ID via Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Air.

categorically untrue.  Just flew from Albany, Buffalo, and Toronto to my clients in the area and  then onward to Salt Lake.  

there is a multi leg flight through Dallas on Republic (AA). It sucks and is long but it is doable.  You can also fly to Spokane, which is about 90 miles from Moscow, ID.  This is the best way to go, bar none. Delta, American, and United all make the run out of Albany and it’s way cheaper than going to PUW airport. It’s also only one stop.  The drive from Spokane is easy peasy. 

I literally just took this flight last week. 

Anyone going should consider bringing hiking gear if that’s your thing.  Stunning hikes not far from town. 

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I stand by my earlier statement, the only scheduled air service is between Pullman WA and Seattle WA & Boise ID via Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Air.

Edited by Dane96
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

Agree. I think 12 is too many though…..8 would be just right. Probably wanted a system with first round play in games and byes for the top 4.  It’s always bugged me that they have allowed more than one team from the same conference in the CFP. It didn’t happen this year, but IMHO if you don’t win your conference you don’t belong in a four team playoff. Gotta use the conference championships as an elimination game. I do think that FSU would be a big underdog against any of the teams that got in, but it would have been fun to see that defense against the others. I’m thinking that before too long the P4 teams will part ways from the rest of FBS and perhaps the NCAA as well. Especially with NIL and $$ flying around.  

I’ll guess that FSU will be two TD dogs against the Dawgs. 

The other guys message board...I know they found our board based on comments. It's not that we are clowning them but they looked like ass last night. I'm sure probably a bad game and obviously everyone is aware of their record etc. We can talk all the $iena we want as fans but we don't play the game...the team I'm sure is aware of the task at hand. But if they show up like that next weekend they will lose by a couple of TDs. I would not kick to their kick returner...that kid can fly. 

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/board/103901/Contents/albany-222170146/?page=1

Edited by Clickclack

15 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

The other guys message board...I know they found our board based on comments. It's not that we are clowning them but they looked like ass last night. I'm sure probably a bad game and obviously everyone is aware of their record etc. We can talk all the $iena we want as fans but we don't play the game...the team I'm sure is aware of the task at hand. But if they show up like that next weekend they will lose by a couple of TDs. I would not kick to their kick returner...that kid can fly. 

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/board/103901/Contents/albany-222170146/?page=1

lol...calling us azzhats. We're just calling a spade a spade. I haven't watched a lick of Idaho football in my life but if last night was an aberration for them, then good for them. If it wasn't...I'm not sure us saying it like it is...is us being 'azzhats'. Either way, it'll be settled on the field. If we play like we did against Richmond (hopefully minus the stupid penalties) - they better buckle their chin straps.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

lol...calling us azzhats. We're just calling a spade a spade. I haven't watched a lick of Idaho football in my life but if last night was an aberration for them, then good for them. If it wasn't...I'm not sure us saying it like it is...is us being 'azzhats'. Either way, it'll be settled on the field. If we play like we did against Richmond (hopefully minus the stupid penalties) - they better buckle their chin straps.

Reading any level of confidence, nay, cockiness on this board about the football team is nothing short of feeling like you live in bizarro world.  What next? Congratulating Benson for his patience in letting things develop?

• Haha 2