UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

11 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

They don't care much for our run game and think we only throw...Their #1 guy vs our guy...funny they both wear 28. Their O line is allegedly banged up but who isn't this time of year?

MlnyI8U.png

6QkSv73.png

Not to mention our guy was a walkon who has dominated all things considered 🤣

Edited by Eli

I remember Montana St fans saying same thing 4 years ago, never heard of us.  Seems out West, only two conferences exist in their mind, Big Sky and MVC,  Everyone else is trash.  I admit the CAA lost something with JMU leaving.  

We can win this game but we can not be up a couple points late in the 4th, they know how to come back and win.  Need to pile it on and be up couple of scores late to be safe.  Young players have a habit of daydreaming before game is over.  

They are definitely watching and lurking here...and call us Scoobys 🤣. It's all in good fun! They are even reading our local paper - lol. For the Vandals lurking here, please don't give the Times Useless any clicks or ad revenue! We don't like that paper around these parts as they always treated UA sports as a second fiddle to a much worse education institution known as Loudonville Community College (legal name Siena College - yes, like the minivan).

Edited by Eli

20 minutes ago, ctdanes said:

To be fair, Albany has won handily in every game since the UNH loss. Not a single game was close. Our offense seems to have found their groove. We thrive on big plays.  Gonna have to score early and often 

The New Hampshire game was played in terrible weather during their homecoming, and we should have tied it at the end. Add the Marshall game which was extremely close, this could be a team with 0 FCS losses and only 1 loss overall.

I still expect a disappointing loss this weekend, but the game will be close, and a win is possible. 

11 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I tried to register for their site just to shoot the $iena with them and have some fun non-trolling trash talk and dialogue, but it's a pay site and it's not worth the $8 to me. Someone mentioned Eli and Click so they are definitely monitoring this thread as well.

You can post there.  I tried and said I had to become a VIP and pay but went back and it allows me to post a reply in the Albany thread if I want to. Try again.

Dear Idaho fans. We are enjoying this season and talking smack because the last few years have been dreadful. 

Please excuse our rural references because our core SMSA counties have 10x the population of Moscow/Pullman metro areas combined. 

Good question why only 2500 showed up for a playoff game. Despite having their best season as an FCS team, attendance declined from first to last home game. Maybe too many distractions, maybe too many students treat the games like social events rather than athletic competition and cold weather isn’t their jam. A massive number of students are from NYC and environs and that’s not exactly Friday Night Lights territory…who knows? Lack of tradition? Syracuse can’t fill their dome when Clemson comes to town every other year. 

So I guess they’ll just have to play the game and see who has bragging rights come Sunday…or Saturday in your case. Have fun, enjoy the game and hopefully all the players will walk out on their own  

• Thanks 1