UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

2 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Perfectly stated Click! I agree 100%. I read their board and they think they are from the SEC and we are D3. One poster/moron/idiot actually called teams from the CAA "cream puff's." Delaware and UNH have been traditional East Coast powers for years. Its laughable. I get it Montana and Montana State are always a powerhouse. Fact is, before the horrible news about the murders I had never heard U Idaho.

Agreed...honestly, I hope their team looks at us like their fans do...

They are so off the radar, I don't even know anything about the murders. Will need to google....

EDIT: I forgot this story...absolutely horrible and remember it now. Really a sad situation. 

Edited by Clickclack

The Kibbie Dome looks like an oversized quonset hut, not unlike the RPI Fieldhouse, which actually was a Navy warehouse.

A quick look at their results since 1945 looks like they don't have much of record vs. Eastern Time Zone schools either, though it doesn't say where those games were played.

BTW we were 0-7 vs. Richmond before Saturday, so we're probably due for a western win too.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

BTW we were 0-7 vs. Richmond before Saturday, so we're probably due for a western win too.

Yep. And Richmond fans were talkin smack before the game too...then it went from punch them in the mouth to watching cooking shows to lets disband the FB team and focus on basketball.

I'm not saying we're going to win. Hell, I'm not even saying it's gonna be a 1-2 score game. But I'm pretty confident it will NOT be a repeat of 2019 at Montana State. We are a LOT closer to Idaho than we were to Montana State. We've NEVER had a defense like this.

Edited by Eli

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

Yep. And Richmond fans were talkin smack before the game too...then it went from punch them in the mouth to watching cooking shows to lets disband the FB team and focus on basketball.

I'm not saying we're going to win. Hell, I'm not even saying it's gonna be a 1-2 score game. But I'm pretty confident it will NOT be a repeat of 2019 at Montana State. We are a LOT closer to Idaho than we were to Montana State. We've NEVER had a defense like this.

Hilarious...their thread is verbatim Richmond this time last week. There were promises of punching us in the face, taking our lunch money...20 minutes into the game they were going to watch cooking shows. 

In my younger days, I'd register over there and talk $iena...but I refuse to talk $iena with clowns that eat something called Ice cream potatoes. Their life is miserable enough. 

Let's face it, their second best export after potatoes are these three...I'm sure their QB can throw it over the mountain. 

Napoleon-Dynamite-Movie.jpg

I talked $iena to LCC fans for like a decade..legendary battles of the entire board against me. Maybe I should get over there...lol

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

Based on my play throughs of NCAA March Madness 13 and NCAA Football 14 years ago when I was a kid...I honestly thought Idaho was some big school in P5. I was surprised to see them in the FCS bracket lol. I think these people think they are P5 as well.

To whoever mentioned potato ice cream, an hour ago I took Ladyram out and the resturant/ice cream shop we went too had sweet potato ice cream on the menu.  For those wondering I didn't try it.  Somethings shouldn't be made.  

Edited by B9j2j6s

2 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

To whoever mentioned potato ice cream, an hour ago I took Ladyram out and the resturant/ice cream shop we went too had sweet potato ice cream on the menu.  For those wondering I didn't try it.  Somethings shouldn't be made.  

LOL...my sister spent some time out there. Reminds me of a joke one of her kids told me...

What is 20 feet and has 5 teeth...?? The funnel cake line at the Idaho state fair. 

• Haha 1

They keep clowning us for not playing anyone. Let's take a look at their schedule. 

- Lamar 6-5 Lamar (W)

- Nevada 2-10 (W) - one of the $ienaiest teams in FBS. According to CBS, there are 133 FBS teams, they are 3rd from the bottom, only Akron and Kent St. ranked worse then them. This is their awesome FBS win. By comparison, Hawaii is 109 and Marshall 88. But yes, we have never seen a defense like this. 

- Cali 6-6 (L) Got worked for 3 quarters after a good 1st quarter. Nice game...

- Sacramento State 8-5 (W) decent win close game

- Eastern Washington 4-7 (W) close game against mehh

- Cal Poly 3-8 (W) stiff competition

- Montana 11-1 (L) close loss to a great team

- Montana St. 8-4 (W) this is a nice win, their best win of the season probably. My apologies to their fans lurking here. Mistake on my part, must have gone cross-eyed and missed this game. 

- Northern Colorado 0-11 (W) LMAO, they have some nerve to call our schedule soft

- Webber State 6-5 (L) Lost...murderers row here...

- Idaho St. 3-8 (W) I don't know how they survived this schedule

We all saw the Southern Illinois game...

Combined record of opponents excluding playoffs... 57-70

Edited by Clickclack

20 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

They keep clowning us for not playing anyone. Let's take a look at their schedule. 

- Lamar 6-5 Lamar (W)

- Nevada 2-10 (W) - one of the $ienaiest teams in FBS. According to CBS, there are 133 FBS teams, they are 3rd from the bottom, only Akron and Kent St. ranked worse then them. This is their awesome FBS win. By comparison, Hawaii is 109 and Marshall 88. But yes, we have never seen a defense like this. 

- Cali 6-6 (L) Got worked for 3 quarters after a good 1st quarter. Nice game...

- Sacramento State 8-5 (W) decent win close game

- Eastern Washington 4-7 (W) close game against mehh

- Cal Poly 3-8 (W) stiff competition

- Montana 11-1 (L) close loss to a great team

- Northern Colorado 0-11 (W) LMAO, they have some nerve to call our schedule soft

- Webber State 6-5 (L) Lost...murderers row here...

- Idaho St. 3-8 (W) I don't know how they survived this schedule

We all saw the Southern Illinois game...

Combined record of opponents excluding playoffs... 49-66

They beat Montana State 

Someone needs to post on their board that we have had football for more than 20 years. A couple post season appearances (NCAA & ECAC) in the D3 days and I believe two Conference Titles in the D2 days, I think it was the EFC Conference if I can remember that far back. They dont realize we have had a very successful history albeit at a lower level. FCS since 2000 and won I think 6 NEC Titles and multiple post season appearances ECAC Bowl, Grid Iron Classic etc. from 2000-2010. We have had 3 NCAA appearances since 2011.

• Like 1