UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

13 minutes ago, haggyland said:

And this website predicts a UAlbany victory,  24 to 20.

FCS Quarterfinal-Round Playoff Preview and Prediction: UAlbany at Idaho https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/12/fcs-quarterfinal-round-playoff-preview-and-prediction-ualbany-at-idaho/

I never like getting picked by all these sites.  I like being the underdog.  Low expectations.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Yeah, I mean if you told me this time last year this would go down like this, I'd have to ask your family to commit you. 

The track record would never have predicted it (heck, the preseason polls had them 11th.... in their conference. )

Like many have said, it's house money.  But honestly,  this team is very talented.... and now they have depth that they never had.   Did anyone even realize that WR Roy Alexander had been out most of the year until coming back against Richmond? How about LB Brian Abraham coming back against Monmouth and getting three sacks?

Idaho didn't look great against the Salukis but the SIU defense also hasn't allowed a touchdown in something like 11 quarters and was one of the best defenses in FCS.

1- Keep at them with the pass rush... and now there are even talented players in the secondary, which hasn't been the strongest of areas for GG teams of the past. 

2- Throw to any of the stable of WRs... that depth is unprecedented. 

3- Keep the ball the hell away from kick returner Jermaine Jackson. 

4- Key on Hayden Hatton when Idaho needs a big play.  Their coach admitted that he went to him almost exclusively to pull off the comeback against SIU.

All told, I think the UAlbany team continues to improve and I think Idaho can be in trouble. I will be watching every minute of it hoping the results stay there... it's been a long time since there has been something to get this excited about with football. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Yeah, I mean if you told me this time last year this would go down like this, I'd have to ask your family to commit you. 

Yep. House money. All of us just wanted to be .500 or competitive this year and continue building. Even if we lose by 100, this year has been a resounding success. BUT, considering what's transpired the last 7-8 weeks, our team deserves to be in the same sentence as all of the other remaining teams - we're that good. But it'll still be a resounding success even if we get our doors blown off and beat like a red headed step child.

Just now, DanesRGood said:

True.  I'm just a superstitious idiot.

If the game was at UAlbany I would feel fairly confident that they would win. 

I was trying to remember NCAA tourney games UA has hosted and it seems like they always deliver. 

I was nervous that men's soccer would lay an egg against Boston College but they dominated them the whole game. 

I was worried when a monsoon rolled in for the lacrosse game but UA got it done. 

Football against CCSU? The result was never in doubt. 

I'm sure Bob87 remembers if we hosted any more tourney home games but again, they always seemed to step it up. 

Take that mentality to Idaho and get to the semifinals!

12 hours ago, haggyland said:

If the game was at UAlbany I would feel fairly confident that they would win. 

I was trying to remember NCAA tourney games UA has hosted and it seems like they always deliver. 

I was nervous that men's soccer would lay an egg against Boston College but they dominated them the whole game. 

I was worried when a monsoon rolled in for the lacrosse game but UA got it done. 

Football against CCSU? The result was never in doubt. 

I'm sure Bob87 remembers if we hosted any more tourney home games but again, they always seemed to step it up. 

Take that mentality to Idaho and get to the semifinals!

I remember the Boston College MSOC game like it was yesterday, the BC players were so angry after the game.  One BC tried slamming a soccer ball into a group UAlbany students by kicking the ball into the stands.  I still have the NCAA tee shirt.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I remember the Boston College MSOC game like it was yesterday, the BC players were so angry after the game.  One BC tried slamming a soccer ball into a group UAlbany students by kicking the ball into the stands.  I still have the NCAA tee shirt.

Yes.... the goalie was tired of hearing things from the vocal student section of the crowd. 

Truthfully, it was rather benign in terms of taunting.  But BC had to be frustrated by being so dominated. 

Someone on their board had our special teams rated ahead of theirs….hmmm. They have the usual collection of reasonable and thoughtful analysis and comparisons and then the “we are gonna kill them” contingent.  

For the Idaho fans: we are 4 deep in good receivers and you can now make it 5 as we got Roy Alexander back. Remember the names Juncaj, Simon, Charles and Abraham…and a top three Buchanan award finalist by the name of Kelly at LB. They say their O Line is a weak spot….this is not the group you want to face. Marshall shut them out, Hawaii gave up 5 sacks and the two nationally ranked teams they faced gave up 8 and 6. There’s also a tall LB named Abraham that they just started to turn loose. I’ve got no predictions except that Idaho fans may well be surprised at our D. 

• Like 1