UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I have bought over my comments from earlier today in another thread.  My worst fears about Jonathan Beagle's future with our program have played out very quickly.

My earlier comments:

"My concerns about Jonathan Beagle started with the UMass-Lowell game.  I am not sure if he has an issue with Killings and/or one or more of the assistants and/or one or more of his team mates.  He just not seems to be himself.  I know Marcus Jackson tried speaking with him during the Bryant game on the sidelines and Jonathan would have nothing to do with the talk.  Whatever the issue, I strongly feel Marcus Jackson knows because these two are the closest of friends as I never see one without the other.

I hope Jonathan does not have a game fatigue." 

Personal reasons is rather ambiguous.

If the reasons are due to basketball, not enjoying it, not liking playing for DK...that's a shame but hopefully he can find his footing elsewhere.

If the reason are truly personal such as health, family, etc. then wishing him all the best and that it gets better ASAP!

• Like 1

Issues may have started last Saturday when did not start vs UNH and was coaches decision according to a Gazette article.  Is he pissed off at DK for that?  And leading to a  little prima donna thing causing an issue with the coaching staff and affecting the team?  DK said it was NOT a mental issue after he sat him after 8 min vs UVM so can we rule that out?  Certainly if we find out it was Jonathans attitude, not the best way to go into the portal after the season and have other schools banging down the doors to get him.  Shall see what the next few days brings to clear things up.

10 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Issues may have started last Saturday when did not start vs UNH and was coaches decision according to a Gazette article.  Is he pissed off at DK for that?  And leading to a  little prima donna thing causing an issue with the coaching staff and affecting the team?  DK said it was NOT a mental issue after he sat him after 8 min vs UVM so can we rule that out?  Certainly if we find out it was Jonathans attitude, not the best way to go into the portal after the season and have other schools banging down the doors to get him.  Shall see what the next few days brings to clear things up.

Could the decision to bench be punitive measure by Killings to show Jonathan who is in charge?  However, based on my watching the home games from the stands, this downward spiral started with the UMass-Lowell game.

No matter, the lack of empathy and/or support to Jonathan by Killings in statement, leads me to believe the career of this Great Dane has come to an end.

7 hours ago, haggyland said:

Well, seems like it has nothing to do with family and seems that the personal reason is he doesn't like this team. Or some people on it evidently. 

I mean, neither do we, but if that's the case then he can move along. That kind stuff needs to be handled behind closed doors not on Twitter (I'll never call it X). 

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Watching on ESPN+, I did see the rebuke by Killings toward Beagle while on the bench. Beagle did not look happy and the coach benching him may not have accomplished what I assume was an attempt to get the team working together. Thing is that I could not detect any sort of selfish play or insubornination.  Reminds me of the times Will B would yank all five starters and replace with the second five.

It would be a shame to lose Beagle. The America East style of ball fits him like a glove. 

Edited by ontheroad

I wish Jonathan well. I'm having a hard time believing that this absence has anything to do with a dislike of teammates or the coaching staff. A player that dreams of playing at a higher level in NCAA or eventually go pro, quitting on your team midseason is a bad look and anyone giving him advice should have told him that. For him to walk away this late in the year feels like it is something off the court or personal.

Either way, whatever it is with him, I hope it works out. This team needs him, and he needs to continue to perform to put himself in the best possible position to play elsewhere and in the future.

Even in this era of the portal and free player movement, I still believe in #purplefam even for those who have left and maybe only spent 1 season wearing the purple and gold. I hope he figures out whatever this issue is. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Well said. For sure, not a good look for him if this is a basketball, team related issue. Of course we don’t know the real reason why he left. May never know. We will just have to see what this “temporary” step-away from the team becomes. 

• Like 1