UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB - Game 28 / Conference Game 13 @ UMass-Lowell, Costello Athletic Center, Lowell, MA Saturday, February 24, 2024, 1:00 PM

An early afternoon game as a decent Providence Friars Ice Hockey Team comes to the UMass-Lowell early Saturday evening.
As I recall, our team fell apart in the last 10 minutes of the first match-up. 

Feb 24 (Sat) 1:00 PM
AE
Lowell, MA

2023-24 Men's Basketball Standings

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 12-1 .923 22-6 .786 W4
UMass Lowell 9-3 .750 18-7 .720 W2
Bryant 9-3 .750 17-10 .630 L1
New Hampshire 7-5 .583 15-10 .600 W1
Maine 4-8 .333 12-15 .444 W1
UAlbany 4-8 .333 12-15 .444 L2
Binghamton 4-9 .308 12-14 .462 L1
UMBC 4-9 .308 9-19 .321 L1
NJIT 3-10 .231 7-18 .280 L3
Edited by cwdickens

Men going down to another defeat, what else is new.  Today Thomas is hot and Bertram not.  No consistency.  And of course, the defense sucks, UML shooting 60% and will drop over 100 unless they send in the cheerleaders soon.  Even then.....

I will keep harping on this point- If Killings was banking on Neely coming back like a stud from his injury and Beagle's Double Doubles, well, it just goes to show once again how this team is built poorly.  Those two play a slower, methodical game.  Thomas and Marshall are thoroughbreds.  None are above average defenders.  You cannot score nearly 76 a game, consistently, in D1 and lose as many games as we have.  

There should be ZERO crutches for DK because Neely and Beagle are out.  NONE.  He looks absolutely lost out there, and it has been a habit for three years.  As much as it was great to see Thomas carry the team today, he was getting a bit out of control because Lowell got sucked into our AAU offense and also played ZERO defense, which is not a Duquette coached team trait.  It actually is a great teaching tool for Duquette. 

I want to say this: I give our kids a TON of credit...they play as hard as they can, in the system we have, and within the skillset each player inherently has in his arsenal.  There is NO lack of effort. They can hold their heads high.

• Like 1

2023-24 Men's Basketball Standing

When you are tied for 7th place, losers 9 of your last 11 games, how can anyone throw any amount of praise towards this team.  You can site player abandonment (Beagle), injuries (Jackson, Nealey) or the coaching or incoherent game plans. This basketball program is in a bad spot.

Lastly, my concerns about Beagle's future started with our home game against UMass - Lowell, just seem to escalate to what happened at UVM, which was no surprise to me.

Further, I want to restate what I said yesterday, many of our players are thinking about "can I salvage my college basketball career and where will I be playing next year."  Whether Killings is here or not, we will be rebuilding for a fourth year in a row.

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 12-1 .923 22-6 .786 W4
UMass Lowell 10-3 .769 19-7 .731 W3
Bryant 9-3 .750 17-10 .630 L1
New Hampshire 7-6 .538 15-11 .577 L1
Maine 5-8 .385 13-15 .464 W2
UMBC 5-9 .357 10-19 .345 W1
Binghamton 4-9 .308 12-14 .462 L1
UAlbany 4-9 .308 12-16 .429 L3
NJIT 3-11 .214 7-19 .269 L4
Edited by cwdickens

Why would Margoupis stick around? I think next year will be a rag tag group of wannabes and never weres who are willing to play for a borderline AAU coach in order to get a scholly. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Today's Times-Union story can be found on page 5 of the sports section, bottom corner, a recap of the UAlbany Sports release.  This is what happens when your team is deemed a non-contender. 

This team wouldn't win many more D2 games than it has D1 games.  D1 budget, higher end of mid-major facility, and a D2 product. 

• Like 1