UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs NJIT - 11/27/15 @ 7PM

Eli

Pretty good game sneaking out with a W. It felt sloppy for much of the game though. Big Rich with the play of the game to end it. He impresses me all the time with his moves around the basket. I wish he was more aggressive with the ball.

I had forgotten how quiet it can be with no students, no pep band, and only 7 cheerleaders. Still a pretty good crowd being the holiday.

Something has to snap Peter out of his funk. One play he was wide open at the top of the key, looked to shoot, then backed down and passed it. The other team wanted him to shoot, knowing how cold be has been. He needs to be a threat.

Reffing was terrible. I mean it was bad both ways, not just against UA. Ticky tacky junk fouls on one possession then no call when someone gets raped the next time down the court. So many opportunities to yell bull$iena at the refs...

Edited by godanesgo99

NJIT assistant told our radio guys that the foul on Hooley's last drive was the worst call he's seen in 22 years coaching.

I'd need to see replay but that didn't look like a foul...terrible officiating all game.

You can watch the replay of the final drive by Hooley at this link. Looks like #5 swipes at him but may not have been a foul.

http://www.americaeast.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=1485078&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=14000

Damon Lynn is a killer. He shot 50% from three and it didn't seem like he missed that many 7 of 14. That's a really well-coached team. They knock down outside shots, hit free throws and don't hurt themselves. With a good big man NJIT would be a terror.

In addition to the points, I like the fire from Cremo when the rest of the team seemed to be sleep walking. Mike Rowley quietly had a big night - 10 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal and two blocks along with six points. That's a nice night's work.

I thought our seniors would carry us early until the rest of the new guys rounded into shape. It was the other way around tonight, as the freshman carried us for a while and created the spark.

Travis Charles is going to be a really good player but he got lost of defense a couple of times tonight. NJIT is a tough team to stick with, they're quick and run so many different things at you. Hopefully Stire isn't out for any length of time but if he is we're going to need more minutes from him.

Happy to escape with this win.

Was just watching the 11 o'clock news on ABC and their sports segment on us had Brown and Hooley going at it on the bench. Nothing crazy, but not casual chat either. Anyone know what it was about?

I liked that the lights 'failed' to start the game...court was lit while most of the arena was dark. Wish they'd kind of leave it like that...ala Staples Center for Lakers/Clippers games.

Lights on:

k3u6ud.jpg

Lights off:

16bioop.jpg

Big win, considering the injury to Stire and that we are still shooting the ball like crap - not so mich FTs, as that average isnt too far off of last seasons if Im correct. But we will need to be much better with 3s. NJIT is a real solid team, and if we can lose to Kentucky by a reapectable margin, be up on BU and USF late in the games, all while shootingg crappy, we should be very good as D96 points out if we can string it together. Just hope that Cremo's development doesn't come at Peter's expense.

Haven't watched as many games as normal as I've been traveling. Is it shot selection ir just not hitting open shots?

Was just watching the 11 o'clock news on ABC and their sports segment on us had Brown and Hooley going at it on the bench. Nothing crazy, but not casual chat either. Anyone know what it was about?

Some of that is probably covered on the TU blog about the game.

I don't think Hooley missing outside shots is the problem, the six turnovers were. I think he passed up some shots and drove into some bad situations and turned the ball over.

• Like 1

I don't think Hooley missing outside shots is the problem, the six turnovers were. I think he passed up some shots and drove into some bad situations and turned the ball over.

Thanks.

Brown's quote about limiting the starting guards minutes to between 32-35 a night is not much, IMO. 35 is basically the entire game. They need to be around 29-30 a night. Andrews and Cremo have earned their share of minutes.

Article hints at sitting Peter, wonder if he will ponder not starting him. Peter is def in a funk. You wonder how long you keep putting him out there to get out of his funk vs. benching him for a bit go get others in.