UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Q - 11/22/14

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating loss because we hurt ourselves so many times late in the game. Credit though to Q, they are a tough well-coached team and Drame was better than I remember.

I thought both of our bench bigs played pretty well - Stire and Peters against a good front court. I'm hoping Peters comes along a little each game.

During crunch time Q did what winning teams need to do and we didn't. They executed their offense and hit free throws. We were a little selfish a couple of times late in the game, didn't work for good shots and of course, missed free throws.

Ray Saunders has to stay out on the floor. That was the second straight game he's fouled out, granted he had a tough assignment tonight agains Hearst.

This is going to be a team that is fun to watch. Some really talented players. peters is going to get more time, he is smooth for a big man and Baker can score a bunch of points in no time. Sam Rowley seems a little out of sorts at the moment.

Yep, I agree. Sam has been the most disappointing player this season. Granted, he has gone up against two teams with above average bigs however, a Senior should be able to work through this stuff.

Once the game slows down for Baker, as is expected of all Frosh, he will be special. To me, the biggest surprise has been Peters. We have him for three years, and it excited me to see how smooth he is offensively. Once he gets in game-shape, and if he can pick-it up on the defensive end, he will dominate the AE. Mark it.

Caveat: That's two big "ifs".

We fought their bigs to a near-draw for rebounds, but I think that left their guards too open too often. Pick your poison.

Free throw shooting was a strength last year, last night we were 13-21 while Q was 19-21, game difference right there. We shot 11 in the first half, only 4 in the second. The white-haired ref is Bill Laubenstein, yes he's been around forever.

Peters impressed last night, movement and rebounding, eight points and three RBs in only 12 minutes.

Surprised attendance was listed as 3654, the crowd didn't look that much bigger than the 2583 vs. NJIT - which we thought was higher than that.

My 2¢. We lost the game @ the free throw line missing 8 out of 21, while Q only missed 2 out of their 21. Which is a Duh if you do the math. However, we also had 6 shots blocked and I bet at least another 6 lay ups missed or clanked underneath the rim or basket. Sam and Mike both have too know when they simply do not have the lane and shot; especially when going up against a BIG front court court like Q. I hate to pick on them because they both battled and held their own on the boards as we did as a team. So to pass the blame around some, if our shooters were shooting better maybe there would not be as much pressure on our inside game. Anyhow we really should have won this game, even though Q is a really good team.

Officiating was just plain BAD. Early, Q was accumulating fouls @ a record pace and the Q coach was having it out with an official {I don't know why he was not T'd}, but all of a sudden Q was "not" committing fouls any longer. Anyone notice Albany did not get into the bonus in the second half until just before OT and I do not think got into the double bonus even at all. So Q really cleaned up their act or the stripes got intimidated by the Q coach.

Still very positive about this team and more confused then ever over attendance reporting.

Edited by dslyank

Coach was on Wyland today. I didn't realize Q is the top rebounding team in the NCAA and has been top 5 for years. He also mentioned the foul disparity - we were attacking the basket and not settling for jump shots, so how come we couldn't get to the foul line?

Where was the bench the 2nd half? I dont think I saw Ennema or Baker out there at all, nor Peters

He said that it was while our subs were playing against their starters that Q cut the lead from 16 to 9 late in the 1st half.

As to Colgate coming up, they have at least four guys who shoot 3s, including their 6'11" center, so expect them to spread the floor, drive and kick out. Of course the gym will be empty on Thanksgiving eve with possible snow.