Photo

Saturday Night

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#46 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

New security measures begin Saturday at TUC

Coincidence that it starts with this game?

LOL cameras won't be allowed. This isn't a music concert. The crazy things they come up with. Going to make fans made while they wait in line.

#47 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

Rivalry a big draw for local fans -TU+ article

Confirms ticket sales are a little behind last year, when 8,000 were sold three days before the game

UAlbany has already sold its allotment of 525 tickets, said associate athletic director of external relations Charlie Voelker.

While conceding a home game to UAlbany next season, Siena will try to make Times Union Center seem even more like a home-court advantage on Saturday. Under the new contract, UAlbany students and the pep band won't be allowed on the floor in the end zone, unlike past years, according to Rich.
There also won't be a video introduction for UAlbany's teams.

Saturday's contest is on Siena's season-ticket package. When the game returns to Times Union Center in two years, neither school will have season-ticket preference.

I refuse to pay a dime to TU to get their stories behind paywall. Didn't we already know the third game in this contract is a neutral court? I suspect once this contract expires after 3 years, it will stay neutral at the TUC and not in either fan-base season ticket package or it will alternate true home and home. I'm OK with them treating us like visitors, we are. We'll treat them like the second class citizens they are when they show up.

I don't even want a nuetral game. I want a home and home, alternating every year, not 2 them, 1 us:

Want: Siena, Albany, Siena, Albany, Siena, Albany.
Don't want: Siena, Albany, Siena, Siena, Albany, Siena

In what sections was the UA allotment?

I'm sure the worst possible seats they could find in that dump.

My two tickets are in section 129.

According to Google, these are what the seats look like. In other words, crap seats IMO:

Mutato-20111205192416.jpg

GO DANES!!!

#48 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

Confirms ticket sales are a little behind last year, when 8,000 were sold three days before the game

UAlbany has already sold its allotment of 525 tickets, said associate athletic director of external relations Charlie Voelker.

While conceding a home game to UAlbany next season, Siena will try to make Times Union Center seem even more like a home-court advantage on Saturday. Under the new contract, UAlbany students and the pep band won't be allowed on the floor in the end zone, unlike past years, according to Rich.

Saturday's contest is on Siena's season-ticket package. When the game returns to Times Union Center in two years, neither school will have season-ticket preference.

I refuse to pay a dime to TU to get their stories behind paywall. Didn't we already know the third game in this contract is a neutral court? I suspect once this contract expires after 3 years, it will stay neutral at the TUC and not in either fan-base season ticket package or it will alternate true home and home. I'm OK with them treating us like visitors, we are. We'll treat them like the second class citizens they are when they show up.

I don't even want a nuetral game. I want a home and home, alternating every year, not 2 them, 1 us:

According to Google, these are what the seats look like. In other words, crap seats IMO:

You shut your face and LIKE IT! 'Cause next year, you'll be sitting 3 rows up at half court...screaming like a mad-man!

• Eli likes this

#49 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

Albany allotment has always been behind the basket, hopefully Siena's tickets next year are in the parking lot.

#50 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Albany allotment has always been behind the basket, hopefully Siena's tickets next year are in the parking lot.

BWAHAH! Lets transplant that large corner screen and hang it off the side of the building. 

#51 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

You shut your face and LIKE IT! 'Cause next year, you'll be sitting 3 rows up at half court...screaming like a mad-man!

That's why I don't want a neutral game at the TUC, although it does feel NBA'ish having 10k fans in that arena and that nice scoreboard. I'd rather have my 3rd center court seat for sure.

GO DANES!!!

#52 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Also Siena fans complaining about the lack of seating at SEFCU can shove it. UNC/Duke seem to manage when the Dean Dome holds 21,750 and Cameron holds 9300.

#53 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

Their fans are literally the worst. Only 3-4 of them in that thread are willing to give credit for UAlbany having a great athletic department (see my other thread in the general section). We've been winning...A LOT. In all sports. These guys are so hellbent on hating us that they can't see the good that it is doing for the whole region in putting the city of Albany on the map.

Can't stand those people and I don't even know any of them or have seen any of them personally.

GO DANES!!!

#54 S-money

S-money

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Drop the championship banners down a bit and make them sit behind them with an obstructed view.

#55 Patch

Patch

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

It's really pathetic when the fans of a program like Siena's, recently, can only hang their hats on attendance figures.

#56 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

They know quite well the massive success and rise of the university of Albany athletics program.

If they admitted it, they would not be able to handle it psychologically.   So, they continue with their stale babble.

As for signing a new contract that had the 1st game of the contract at the Pepsi..... that was also stale.

We should be playing in SEFCU tomorrow night, but..... regardless of where we play, we'll punch em in the teeth.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#57 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Things like putting an asterisk next to our Washington win, etc. just tick me off. I signed up for that site during the whole contract back and forth a year or two again but they must have known I was a UA fan cause they never approved my account. I'm glad I can't post there. It would shorten my life span.

Click is out numbered there.

Their worst posters, IMO, are 'olddave' and 'Tony' (the admin). Those dudes are seriously whack.

GO DANES!!!

#58 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

Perhaps alumni quad parking lot. Others might be too close :)

#59 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Maybe Click can post this link over there in AINT land...

http://uofalbany.blo...ual-series.html

• Eli likes this

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#60 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

Things like putting an asterisk next to our Washington win, etc. just tick me off. I signed up for that site during the whole contract back and forth a year or two again but they must have known I was a UA fan cause they never approved my account. I'm glad I can't post there. It would shorten my life span.

Click is out numbered there.

Their worst posters, IMO, are 'olddave' and 'Tony' (the admin). Those dudes are seriously whack.

You have a CC team that has to go back to last century for a team good enough to make the ncaa tournament in a year they did not purchase the conference tournament and THEY want to put an asterisk on another teams accomplishments. Yeah OK.
It is not like they ever earned a right to play a conference tournament game at home like teams in other conferences like the AE have. 

Edited by bob87, 11 December 2015 - 06:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users