UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season ticket renewals.

This basically forces Siena fans to pay $125 for one game (since I doubt most would come back for the other Empire games), or $100+ for season tickets (and again, most wouldn't come back for anything else) + concessions/parking...I LOVE IT. The public ones will sell out real fast. But $40+ is pricey for the casual fan who isn't a die hard of either team but once to go to a good event...how much are the tickets at TUC for this matchup usually (I don't remember)?

Either way...charge them through the nose and give their measly school a tiny cut of the profits like we always got. Tit for tat, bros!

I'm all for taking Siena fans money, but to charge UA GDAC members/season ticket holders $40/60 to get additional seats is a bit ridiculous. So based on my current $125 plan, 32% of it is going towards that one game.

So you expect a discount for hot seats just because you already own other seats somewhere else in the arena? I don't think that's fair either. Due to the demand for this game, the prices are higher. You're paying the same $40-60 that a fan off the street who's going to their first ever UA game would pay. You just get first stab at them...which is nice perk.

I don't think it's unfair, honestly. But then again, I only own one seat as of today.

It's not so much wanting a discount for season ticket holders. Its more the price being set too high in general. Giving season ticket holders first crack for individual tix is def a nice perk no doubt, but is the demand really there for them to charge $40 and $60 to go see this game? This is a Sunday game at 7pm on Thabksgiving weekend. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Guess we will find out.

I wouldn't pay that price for a game against a lowly maac team if it wasn't part of my season ticket package and I haven't asked friends who join me for a few games and year if they are interested at that price. Then again there are more than 340 division 1 teams that I think are worth more money than lcc

Thats great news BobI bet you make all UA fans proud..LOL. I have my UA season tickets and will buy 2 more seats for Siena game when available. Thats good News Bob you dont want to buy the extra Siena seats, just leaves more seats for another Siena fan to gobble up.. You keep fighting the good fight Bob..LOL

LOL. It is only a "fight" to you. When your athletic department is as pathetic as LCC'S I can see why your would get as excited for the last sport you are competitive in. On the other hand I have been watching albany sports compete for rankings and ncaa bids in multiple sports. Doesn't matter to me that lcc can't even field a team in some of those sports and that lcc was so uncompetitive some other sports that they are no longer in the schedule. Even the one sport you are competitive in is trending that way .

Oh and sorry to disappoint you I recommended that my friends check their schedule for conflicts and buy the NY plan if they can make most of the games. Much better value there :)

Edited by bob87

Sorry Booby not disappointed at all—I have my center court chair back season tickets. And yeah I’m glad UA got the new screen—bout time they put some improvements into the old "gym"--- and BTW it will be much more than me and my 4 Siena friends at game..question will be how many more? What do you guys think? 500--- 1000—1500 how many Siena fans will get into game? And how many UA fans will be frozen out? Any opinions. Personally I think about 1,000 Siena fans get in.. Another 200 to 500 dignitary seats.. Which leaves what about 3K for UA students and fans—pretty much looks like if you don’t have season tickets or empire package you will not get into game. But I’ll defer to you guys- you know the ins and outs better than me. All I know for sure is I’ll be there.

Edited by SienaTony

Sorry Booby not disappointed at all—I have my center court chair back season tickets. And yeah I’m glad UA got the new screen—bout time they put some improvements into the old "gym"--- and BTW it will be much more than me and my 4 Siena friends at game..question will be how many more? What do you guys think? 500--- 1000—1500 how many Siena fans will get into game? And how many UA fans will be frozen out? Any opinions. Personally I think about 1,000 Siena fans get in.. Another 200 to 500 dignitary seats.. Which leaves what about 3K for UA students and fans—pretty much looks like if you don’t have season tickets or empire package you will not get into game. But I’ll defer to you guys- you know the ins and outs better than me. All I know for sure is I’ll be there.

personally, don't care how many Siena fans are there...enjoy your visit.

• Like 2

Can you stooges stop complaining about the freeze out of fans? Supposedly, the game is on ESPN3 from what I understand (posts on your forum) which anyone with a TW (or Spectrum as I believe they are called now?) package (and thus login) or SlingTV login (and maybe others) should be able to get with little to no issue. It's not rocket science. It's 2016, most everyone knows how to use an internet connection now.

Many schools who share a city do this...it should have ALWAYS been a home and home.

Forget that it's the same conference, but Duke (9,314 seats) plays at UNC (21,750) and vice versa. In case they don't teach math at LCC, UNC fits 230.84% more people than Duke. The TUC (15,299 for basketball) fits 335.6% more people over that of SEFCU (4,538). Then again, Siena has NEVER seen 15k AFAIK and the average for the cup game is what, 10,200 (thanks to us, mind you)? That's 225% more people over SEFCU. Do you see the similarity? If Duke and UNC weren't both in the ACC, would you also say that Duke should also play at UNC every year because UNC has the biggest 'gym'? Also, stop calling it a gym...your homerism is deafening when you say stupid stuff like that.

Maybe if you guys didn't suck or play mediocre basketball for 5-6 of the last 7-8 years, you'd have had more say in the contract. Stop living in 2009 (last time you made the BIG dance). This time around, Albany had all the pull because unlike you guys, we've been winning championships (3 since your last visit). Suck it up and move on.

A standing room only SEFCU is just as good an environment in terms of hype/volume, etc. than a 66% filled TUC. And we won't need to cover up entire sections of seating like you guys. Get over yourself.

Siena fans are delusional. You guys should listen to "oneindian" (poster on your forum) more...that user gets it and isn't living in the past. Only person to ever make sense amongst you delusional fans who think what happened 2008 and 2009 matters now. No one cares. Recruits certainly don't care about happened nearly 10 years ago, at least not as much as you think. Just as recruits that UA goes after probably don't know/care about what happened in 2006 and 2007. And people on your forum say we're the ones who act like our program is a high major...lol.

========

All that being said...

I would be okay with playing at the TUC every year if and only if it's converted to a true home for UA every other year. That means, Siena banners get covered or removed. Court is a UA court with a giant A in the center, etc., UA season ticket holders get to pick their seats and then other UA fans take precedence over LCC fans and LCC gets like $100k or whatever the usual pay for a game like this is and NOTHING else (not concessions, no cut of the ticket profits, etc.). Then Siena gets the same stuff the following year and Albany only gets $100k (or whatever) and whatever ticket allotment is normally given to a visiting team.

Otherwise, get used to visiting SEFCU Arena every other year.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Who you calling a stooge? I didn’t complain about freezing anyone out—it’s called a comment Eli- no need to get “testy” Nor am I interested in your “history “ lesson or comments on delusional Siena fans- please read some posts on this board and get back to me about delusional.

I wasn’t here complaining about game at Sefcu—or whether Siena should play at Sefcu at all. If you want to get into that discussion, I’d be more than happy to school you.

And I’m glad you are OK with playing game at TUC.. when you are in charge of negotiations it will mean something to me- until then care less what a know nothing UA fan thinks -- fans from small conference teams that draw flies don’t normally get to set the terms..LOL.. enjoy the game at Sefcu this year—save the insults and dumb comments

Who you calling a stooge? I didn’t complain about freezing anyone out—it’s called a comment Eli- no need to get “testy” Nor am I interested in your “history “ lesson or comments on delusional Siena fans- please read some posts on this board and get back to me about delusional.

I wasn’t here complaining about game at Sefcu—or whether Siena should play at Sefcu at all. If you want to get into that discussion, I’d be more than happy to school you.

And I’m glad you are OK with playing game at TUC.. when you are in charge of negotiations it will mean something to me- until then care less what a know nothing UA fan thinks -- fans from small conference teams that draw flies don’t normally get to set the terms..LOL.. enjoy the game at Sefcu this year—save the insults and dumb comments

LOL $iena Toni

You schooling people . now that is funny.

But you are right maac teams fans dont dictate terms.

Exactly why this years home game is at Albany's arena in spite of all the complaints by the LCC stooges (credit to Eli for an accurate description) :D

Edited by bob87

I'm calling you a stooge. Who are you? Why are you here? You didn't complain about people being frozen out? Interesting. Half of your forum is and then you mention it in your comment above here. I guess if you want to argue semantics and say it wasn't a complaint, sure...but you stooges keep bringing it up so evidently you have an axe to grind and thus it can be easily taken as a complaint (listen, we weren't born yesterday...it's obvious). Why bring it up if it isn't truly a concern for you stooges?

Also, gotta love the selective memory on the aforementioned history. Not only are LCC fans delusional, evidently they are also in denial. Face it, you guys have been pretty crappy 5-6 of the last 7-8 years. Hence the reason why you're in the boat you're in now...coming to our 'gym'. Ha! Suck it!

57759631.jpg

As for the rest...

School me? On what? How to be delusional and in denial? I'm good. And you're lucky I'm NOT in charge of the negotiations cause you'd be buying UA season tickets every other year. lol. Stop crying over the fact that UA has beat you more than it's lost to you the last few years and that our Athletic Director, evidently, is more competent in negotiations than yours. You have an internal issue...or rather issues. Crappy sports teams that can't hold a candle to UA's overall level of success and achievement, a mediocre Athletic Director as evidenced by you guys agreeing to and then complaining about, evidently, such an egregious contract. You should be spending your time talking to him, not blowing smoke up our bums here.

62b24836acf671ada7f707dee9bf0622.jpg

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Sorry Booby not disappointed at allI have my center court chair back season tickets. And yeah Im glad UA got the new screenbout time they put some improvements into the old "gym"--- and BTW it will be much more than me and my 4 Siena friends at game..question will be how many more? What do you guys think? 500--- 10001500 how many Siena fans will get into game? And how many UA fans will be frozen out? Any opinions. Personally I think about 1,000 Siena fans get in.. Another 200 to 500 dignitary seats.. Which leaves what about 3K for UA students and fanspretty much looks like if you dont have season tickets or empire package you will not get into game. But Ill defer to you guys- you know the ins and outs better than me. All I know for sure is Ill be there.

Our student turn out has always been awful. If you want to purchase the 1,000 student tix at $40 a pop I wouldn't mind

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 1

Sorry Booby not disappointed at allI have my center court chair back season tickets. And yeah Im glad UA got the new screenbout time they put some improvements into the old "gym"--- and BTW it will be much more than me and my 4 Siena friends at game..question will be how many more? What do you guys think? 500--- 10001500 how many Siena fans will get into game? And how many UA fans will be frozen out? Any opinions. Personally I think about 1,000 Siena fans get in.. Another 200 to 500 dignitary seats.. Which leaves what about 3K for UA students and fanspretty much looks like if you dont have season tickets or empire package you will not get into game. But Ill defer to you guys- you know the ins and outs better than me. All I know for sure is Ill be there.

Our student turn out has always been awful. If you want to purchase the 1,000 student tix at $40 a pop I wouldn't mind

LCC's isn't much better. Don't they rent the Shaker band or something like that?

• Like 1

Well this stayed civil for all of three seconds or so.

I'm looking forward to this game more for who IS going to be there more than who ISN'T. Yes, when the game is that the TUC there are 10,000 people there but half of them (or more) I think are pretty casual fans. The truly nutty fans for both sides are spread out over a big arena.

This year's game is going to be distilled down to the most hard-core fans from both sides. The craziest fans in a smaller area, right on top of each other and the court. I think this is going to be the best atmosphere since the series started again.

Maybe I'm wrong and it won't be that great but it's at least worth trying for one year.

I think next year is probably going to be the blueprint for how this series will go in the future. There's a lot of money and a lot of guys in suits to figure it out. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Also, just a note Tony, you can't start out by calling someone "Booby" and then get outraged when someone else calls you "stooge." I can't believe I had to type those words to adults.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to this game more for who IS going to be there more than who ISN'T. Yes, when the game is that the TUC there are 10,000 people there but half of them (or more) I think are pretty casual fans. The truly nutty fans for both sides are spread out over a big arena.

This year's game is going to be distilled down to the most hard-core fans from both sides. The craziest fans in a smaller area, right on top of each other and the court. I think this is going to be the best atmosphere since the series started again.

This. It's gonna be a madhouse (in a good way hopefully). I'm pumped.

Edited by Eli

Also, just a note Tony, you can't start out by calling someone "Booby" and then get outraged when someone else calls you "stooge." I can't believe I had to type those words to adults.

Me and Boob87 go way back ;) -- you cant talk about delusional fans bases and leave good ole Bob out. I dont even know who that name calling whack job Eli is- I'm not responsible for every post on Siena anymore than you are responsible for every off the wall posts on this board .. But I do get what you are saying DP- you run a good board and I respect that.. Tony Out... Sorry for interruption boys..see you a few days before the game for some good ole fashioned smack talk

• Like 1

Me and Boob87 go way back ;) -- you cant talk about delusional fans bases and leave good ole Bob out. I dont even know who that name calling whack job Eli is- I'm not responsible for every post on Siena anymore than you are responsible for every off the wall posts on this board .. But I do get what you are saying DP- you run a good board and I respect that.. Tony Out... Sorry for interruption boys..see you a few days before the game for some good ole fashioned smack talk

Did I hurt your feelings with my 'name calling'? Need a 'safe space'? You're in luck...in 2016 that's a thing. #triggered

Anyway...back to our regularly scheduled programming. When are we getting our tickets? Should be any day now, no? Wonder if the package is as nice as the football one.

Edited by Eli