UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017 Football Recruits/Commits

I think the coaching staff did a really good job, especially with Barnard and Damico on the last weekend (i'd guess those were the two commits that were commented on). I know that many of us wanted a QB but the coaching staff talked about OL, LB and size on the DL and i think they did that.

We also need to wait to see who signs late, who leaves... Last Spring, they had the LB from Wyoming - Mark S. had an article about how he could make an immediate impact then he disappeared. Also, last year after national signing day, Rodgers, Nick Dillon and Abner Logan signed. A few years ago Jamal Merritt showed up for fall camp... i guess the staff looks at how everyone looks during spring practice and then goes out to fill in gaps.

Will be some interesting position battles at OL, DL and LB.

Skylor Clinton- went back home to Arizona and converted to a tight end at Mesa CC. Still hasn't signed. That's the LB from WYOMING.

We also need to wait to see who signs late, who leaves... Last Spring, they had the LB from Wyoming - Mark S. had an article about how he could make an immediate impact then he disappeared. Also, last year after national signing day, Rodgers, Nick Dillon and Abner Logan signed. A few years ago Jamal Merritt showed up for fall camp... i guess the staff looks at how everyone looks during spring practice and then goes out to fill in gaps.

You also need to wait for the BCS felonies to sort themselves out.

• Like 1

Did you guys see the Mich State recruit who couldn't send in his LOI today because he committed armed (gun) burglary and was in prison and couldn't get to the fax machine.

OMG.

MSU will not be accepting him (tough choice, I'm sure).

• Like 1

Did you guys see the Mich State recruit who couldn't send in his LOI today because he committed armed (gun) burglary and was in prison and couldn't get to the fax machine.

OMG.

lol.

Isaiah Watson from NJ - OLB with offers from ODU, Army, Rhody, 'Nova among others.

Originally committed to Army on the 23rd. Late switch to UA according to 247sports.com

He was also offered by Buffalo.

He is officially signed...nice get for us. A big OLB at 6'2 230.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3mh2FcW8AE4rI3.jpg

Echoing an earlier poster's comment, the staff clearly went after it's "needs". We absolutely needed to shore up the DL for the future...and most certainly needed edge rushers.

Edited by Dane96

Not sure if you all checked out Gattuo's comments on each player but they're pretty great.

Everybody's great on signing day

Exactly. All teams sign the "biggest, fastest, greatest player...)

That said, if you read between the lines on Gattuso's comments, I think they are even-handed and accurate (rotation guy, depth, need, etc.)

OMG.

lol.

I think there is an NCAA bylaw that automatically downgrades you to "Preferred Walk-On" if you are serving time for armed robbery.

• Like 1

OMG.

lol.

I think there is an NCAA bylaw that automatically downgrades you to "Preferred Walk-On" if you are serving time for armed robbery.

SEC schools credit those as "Independent Studies in Criminal Justice."

• Like 2

OMG.

lol.

Isn't that "preferred lock up"?

• Like 1

Seems like a good meat and potatoes recruiting class. The exciting offensive parts will be the 2 WR and 1 Rb. As for the QB Brunson played well enough to win games last year. Truth be told had we not had a bad day against UDELAWARE we would have made the playoffs. So I know this might be against dogma but I think we are okay at QB. Just hope Elijah is better by next September.

OMG.

lol.

Oh my. This is good. Gold star for you hah. Made me laugh.