UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

So the UA LCC week of love/hate should be drawing to a close. My final say on the matter is this: I’d rather root for a winning program that plays in a 4500 seat gym in front of enthusiastic supporters with a terrific coach and 7 posters on their board than root for a losing program with an arm flapping buffoon of a coach that plays in an oversized and overpriced barn supported by a 100 perpetually depressed posters on their board any day of the week.

AND I would like to take a bow for the longest run on sentence since the Gettysburg Address.

• Like 8

Neutral Site my ar$e ! How neutral is a site when the public address announcer is screaming "its a one point game" or "$ienna takes the lead." Actually, whenever he did this, it seemed to inspire UA, but @ a neutral site the team and the fans should NOT have to hear this. I paid my $35 and $10+ for a beer and a soda and do not want to listen to this $hi@. On the road OK, understandable. Re-watching on tv and having to listened to same public address guy plus homey announcers equally BAD! UA player families, alumni, friends and most notably RECRUITS, should not have to be subjected to this nonsense while listening or watching a game @ a "neutral" site. Also, the PA amplifies and tends to drown-out the 50% of the house trying to cheer for UA.

• Like 2

Quinnipiac's facilities are very nice.

I personally don't think it's great shakes...and they were my client as they were going through the design process. Aside from the bowl and the fact that it's an all chair-back facility, it's nothing special. Sure, concessions are nice because they share those with the hockey arena...but if you bowl in SEFCU, build a proper entrance on the parking lot side, update the concessions (one in the new entry way, another in the current entrance...you have a better facility than Quinnipiac. They can easily renovate the lockerrooms as well, diverting the $1mm needed for the scoreboard as that was donated. $1mm could make the women's and men's basketball lockers into very nice facilities.

Quinni...no great shakes:

3432944568_b5368e21e3_b.jpg

3500 capacity, too small.

Love the chairback concept though. Gotta have the chairbacks.

Agree Q arena is too small but the concept with the courtside seats sliding back, all chairbacks and the bathrooms in the right and left hand corner in that picture(there are also bathrooms in the lobby as well) is really nice. I've seen a number of games there. I like the design.

Probably the wrong thread to be discussing this but how much did our attendance per year increase from old football field to new stadium?

I think would be a nice increase in attendance with a new/renovated SEFCU. Casual fans care more about amenities than the basketball on the court.

I personally like SEFCU, except for the lack of chairbacks throughout.

• Like 1

Me too. As I've said before, I'm all for future proofing and I'd never turn down a renovated SEFCU but these claims from other fan bases about our place being a dump...I don't see it. Other than having no ticketing/box office on the SEFCU lot entrance side...and maybe less than optimal concessions...the seating (for me; chairbacks) and the views from EVERYWHERE are great. I'm more than happy to keep attending SEFCU as it sits now for the next 10 years. But again, I wouldn't turn down a renovated version either.

Me too. As I've said before, I'm all for future proofing and I'd never turn down a renovated SEFCU but these claims from other fan bases about our place being a dump...I don't see it. Other than having no ticketing/box office on the SEFCU lot entrance side...and maybe less than optimal concessions...the seating (for me; chairbacks) and the views from EVERYWHERE are great. I'm more than happy to keep attending SEFCU as it sits now for the next 10 years. But again, I wouldn't turn down a renovated version either.

Hey many of us are from University Gym days, so SEFCU is a big upgrade. But as most of the posters here are saying SEFCU is great, except for concessions, restrooms, lack of chairbacks, parking, a better entrance, etc. I didn't say Q's facilities were the best or fantastic. They are new and nice, they obviously feel they're large enough for their market. Stony Brook's arena is nice and it's smaller than SEFCU.

I've enjoyed reading the post-siena game comments on this board, but must admit, I've enjoyed reading the comments on their board more.

Haven't read that board in many years, but stopped by just now. Funny how they are unanimously admitting they all suck.

Brutalizing Fatsos. One clinger to the delusion though... and he is stating that if they had any other coach in the country,

they would have won the game. Delusional to his deathbed.

One poster even calling the program the titanic.

• Like 1