UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

How was our crowd last night? I couldn't watch the game because of other commitments. Although it was supposed to be a fairer arrangement this year for our fans, Siena still has the edge when it came to the venue.

Significantly better than years past... They go back to Tuc full time you won't see me or my kids there again.

• Like 1

The ESPN3 broadcast shows shows that Shivers did get the shot off at the half. Freeze frame shows 0.1 seconds left and the ball clearly out of his hand.

Great we got the call, but I wonder what the officials were looking at. Maybe the clock on TV didn't match the actual clock on the court?

This was debated on Siena board. Watch the light and not clock on TV. He didn't get it off.. Light goes off while it's still in his hand. TV clock was behind.

Shoutout to the $iena board, you guys suck.

Maybe $iena needs to drop down to DII now.. hasn't their entire athletic program already done so?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this... and I agree that Fatsos is a freaking lunatic.....

Did anyone notice how he practically sprinted down the handshake line at the end of the game?

The guy needs psychiatric help. His players copy his rude, obnoxious personality.

I noticed and commented on it on Siena board. I'd only add to your comment that he had a bit of a murderers twinkle in his eye. Was really heated.

• Like 2

How was our crowd last night? I couldn't watch the game because of other commitments. Although it was supposed to be a fairer arrangement this year for our fans, Siena still has the edge when it came to the venue.

Significantly better than years past... They go back to Tuc full time you won't see me or my kids there again.
I'm at this point too. Better be at our place next time it's played or my wife and I will not be attending. Nor will they get $26 from me in concessions. You know what I could buy for $26 at SEFCU? Goodness. We've owned them for a decade. Home and home or I'll stay home and watch on my beautiful 65" ?? Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

sec 120 full with only a few $iena fans, Sec 104 looked about the same, the students on the floor filled in, don’t know if we had any other sections.

Still not close to a neutral site, with the arena announcer so excited to tell the crowd “it’s a one-possession game”, the emcee so disappointed that Albany won the cup-stacking contest, wouldn’t throw T-shirts to us - maybe he saw us throw them back during the women’s game. About 3 were thrown back until a $iena Mom said her boy wanted one. I should’ve offered her a purple one.

Props to the women after teasing them last year.

I think the game turned with the bs blocking fouls on Stire. He had 8 or 9 boards in the first half but was only credited with ten for the game

sec 120 full with only a few $iena fans, Sec 104 looked about the same, the students on the floor filled in, dont know if we had any other sections.

Still not close to a neutral site, with the arena announcer so excited to tell the crowd its a one-possession game, the emcee so disappointed that Albany won the cup-stacking contest, wouldnt throw T-shirts to us - maybe he saw us throw them back during the womens game. About 3 were thrown back until a $iena Mom said her boy wanted one. I shouldve offered her a purple one.

Props to the women after teasing them last year.

I think the game turned with the bs blocking fouls on Stire. He had 8 or 9 boards in the first half but was only credited with ten for the game

No matter what gimmick they try it will never be a neutral venue.

I've already sent my email to Benson letting him know. I encourage all of you to email him. His email is on the UA athletic page.

Home and home or nothing. It doesn't matter if they call the 3rd game neutral NCAA sees it as a home Siena game.

If you are okay that once every 3 years "not everyone gets to go to the game" than why not every 2 yrs? Makes no sense. Dumb argument.

Siena said they got flack from their fans since they didnt all get to go to the game at SEFCU...what do you think UA admins/coaches have been hearing for 17yrs that they have to have road games every yr?

Siena wants to get 66% their way and 33% our way. Sorry, needs to be 50/50.

Such a tired discussion. Anyway, hope we do home and home or nothing at all. Rather get a road money game that will help our SOS.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3

Home and home or nothing. It doesn't matter if they call the 3rd game neutral NCAA sees it as a home Siena game.

If you are okay that once every 3 years "not everyone gets to go to the game" than why not every 2 yrs? Makes no sense. Dumb argument.

Siena said they got flack from their fans since they didnt all get to go to the game at SEFCU...what do you UA admins have been hearing for 17yrs?

Siena wants to get 66% their way and 33% our way. Sorry, needs to be 50/50.

Such a tired discussion. Anyway, hope we do home and home or nothing at all. Rather get a road money game that will help our SOS.

Don't let UA admin off the hook on this. No way does a team who's 2-6 gets to dictate terms. We not them are the far more accomplished athletic department, throw that weight around. Home and home or kick rocks.

• Like 1

I have not re-watched the game yet and do not remember Brown kicking the scoring table. But on another bad 3 by Nichols, where Stire got the airball rebound, scored and 1; Brown actually ran to Nichols, gave him a high five and yelled "NICE PASS." This is a coach who has his players backs. Makes them feel good about themselves, and shows his confidence. He of course does dress them down at times, but besides being a master of x's and o's, he knows how to treat his players well and motivate. Even when he does dress down a player, he rarely fails to also give a pat on the back or hug. Totally the opposite of the opposing coach tonight.

ps Count me in: Home & Home or Done. This was the my first live visit to the tu/cup game in six or seven years. To be perfectly honest my real vote is NOT to go back at all!

• Like 2

My thoughts.

Agree it was an LCC home game. I don't go to those unless free.

I don't care if we play them. There are better teams in their conference more than willing to play home and home series. I leave it up to admin to figure out the best thing for the team financially and competitively. If that means playing LCC or not , whatever. I only go to home games in that series and travel to more desirable road games such as Tuesday in Memphis.

No need to give my thoughts to Mr Benson. They are well known. I see him at home games and some road games. Never at LCC because my last visit there was before his time :)

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

I have not re-watched the game yet and do not remember Brown kicking the scoring table. But on another bad 3 by Nichols, where Stire got the airball rebound, scored and 1; Brown actually ran to Nichols, gave him a high five and yelled "NICE PASS." This is a coach who has his players backs. Makes them feel good about themselves, and shows his confidence. He of course does dress them down at times, but besides being a master of x's and o's, he knows how to treat his players well and motivate. Even when he does dress down a player, he rarely fails to also give a pat on the back or hug. Totally the opposite of the opposing coach tonight.

ps Count me in: Home & Home or Done. This was the my first live visit to the tu/cup game in six or seven years. To be perfectly honest my real vote is NOT to go back at all!

I laughed at the high five too lol.