Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clickclack

Cremo nichols leave...

Recommended Posts

On 4/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, Clickclack said:

Please PLEASE drop Oneonta and pick up a money game to pay for COLA!

They really did a good job on that 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UA'08 said:

They really did a good job on that 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would almost say they nailed it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed this today on the NCAA site while reading the article on the new NET standings....

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-07-23/64-fearless-predictions-2018-19-college-basketball-season

It sucks that we lose David and Joe to transfer, but if they both do well at their new schools, that is a lot of free advertising for the UA program, and could potentially help with recruiting in the future if the coaches use it to their advantage. 

59. Transfer Joe Cremo quickly becomes a household name at Villanova

The former Albany guard averaged 17.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists last year. He can do a little of everything, and Villanova loves versatility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many AE championships have we earned.... ncaa tournaments earned.... funny thing is those two weren’t a part of any.   They didn’t accomplish very much at UA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

How many AE championships have we earned.... ncaa tournaments earned.... funny thing is those two weren’t a part of any.   They didn’t accomplish very much at UA.  

Be negative all you want, and no we didn't win any chips with them on the roster, but both represented the university well winning all conference awards and all academic awards. Now they will both be providing the program with untold amounts of free advertising every time someone does a story on their new teams, every time they get into a game. I read somewhere that the free advertising value of a trip to the final for a school is measured in 10 figures. UA wont get close to that if either Villanova or Florida State makes it to the final 4 in marketing value, but would definitely get a piece of that as UA would be mentioned dozens, if not hundreds of times during the tournament. 

Let's look at the positives.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Be negative all you want, and no we didn't win any chips with them on the roster, but both represented the university well winning all conference awards and all academic awards. Now they will both be providing the program with untold amounts of free advertising every time someone does a story on their new teams, every time they get into a game. I read somewhere that the free advertising value of a trip to the final for a school is measured in 10 figures. UA wont get close to that if either Villanova or Florida State makes it to the final 4 in marketing value, but would definitely get a piece of that as UA would be mentioned dozens, if not hundreds of times during the tournament. 

Let's look at the positives.  

Let me know how Fordham's doing with Eric Paschall's free advertising.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Let me know how Fordham's doing with Eric Paschall's free advertising.  

 

You tell me? I haven't followed Villanova much in the past, but I know many people did. I will say that the situation isnt comparable really. Paschall redshirted his first season with Villanova, sitting out that championship year. He wasn't on the floor at all, and thus his connection to Fordham really wasn't mentioned much. Then his Junior year Fordham wasn't mentioned much at all as he had been on the team for 2 years.  He played for 1 season at Fordham. The situations aren't at all similar.

Cremo and Nichols will both step into their respective new teams and play immediately. UAlbany is mentioned in multiple articles about both of those teams already. The name is getting out there. An example is the article that I posted a few hours ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free advertisement because of nichols and cremo...? LMAO...there's a stretch and there's this. 

 

The 2 times someone mentions these kids transferring from Albany and anyone actually caring enough to look up Albany and what conference we play in won't even move the needle. 

 

Silly take...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

 

You tell me? I haven't followed Villanova much in the past, but I know many people did. I will say that the situation isnt comparable really. Paschall redshirted his first season with Villanova, sitting out that championship year. He wasn't on the floor at all, and thus his connection to Fordham really wasn't mentioned much. Then his Junior year Fordham wasn't mentioned much at all as he had been on the team for 2 years.  He played for 1 season at Fordham. The situations aren't at all similar.

Cremo and Nichols will both step into their respective new teams and play immediately. UAlbany is mentioned in multiple articles about both of those teams already. The name is getting out there. An example is the article that I posted a few hours ago. 

Silly take as click said. 

Can we just move on from these two? Mentioning Albany a couple times on TV is going to do zip.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Silly take as click said. 

Can we just move on from these two? Mentioning Albany a couple times on TV is going to do zip.

I'd like to add zilch and nada...

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has their opinion, but I've pushed this same "silly take" for months, because it is true. My uncle Lives in DC. He didn't know UA was D1, but called me to ask about Cremo because he knew I lived in Albany. 

I haven't seen or spoken with him in almost a decade. 

You are all missing the potential opportunity.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Everyone has their opinion, but I've pushed this same "silly take" for months, because it is true. My uncle Lives in DC. He didn't know UA was D1, but called me to ask about Cremo because he knew I lived in Albany. 

I haven't seen or spoken with him in almost a decade. 

You are all missing the potential opportunity.

Haha ok. Your uncle found out Albany is D1 for the first time. Now what 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right that Albany will be tied to them and it’s cool we may get a few mentions, but you are looking wayyyy into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are funny, and apparently don't understand the value of marketing and name recognition. There is a reason companies that don't sell anything you would ever buy have TV commercials. There is a reason companies put logos on everything from shirts to pens to post it notes.

Every mention you get on TV, every tweet, every newspaper article that mentions you is good for you. 

 

Like it or not, there are still people around the country that have no clue who UA is or that it's D1. 

There are schools that I have never heard of before that are D1. I see an article about them, or hear something about them and now they are a recognizable name to me. Maybe one of my kids will go there. 

Marketing is huge in today's world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone delete this topic... I agree with a comment made above time to move on ... Let's focus on more relative events....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×