UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Quarterfinals vs. Denver (Hofstra University)

The wrap and then the brace last week was good.  Should help him again.  Makes us feel better.  I hope he scores 6-10 points each game and we win it all and makes the Tewaaraton  committee each crow!!!! [at least crow if not more].  I am concerned about TD against baptiste.  He is an animal! Our Wings need to be VERY AGGRESSIVE and good.  D too

6 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

It doesn't look like I will make it down for the game this weekend.  My town was hit REALLY hard by a tornado a few days ago.  My road is especially bad with most houses hit by trees.  My family is OK and astonishingly my house came out with no damage.  They are estimating it could take 3-4 weeks to get power back so I have a bunch to figure out here with the family.  

OT: Anyone know anything about home owners?  Will they help if our house wasn't damaged and we just have a lot of trees on the ground and can't really live there right now?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.  PM me if you have info. 

Hi. Sorry to hear about the storm. Obviously, check with your agent or claims person. But, to the best of my knowledge, unless the tree damages something covered under the policy, you are on your own in terms of removal. The town might help and some churches have work crews that will assist. Good luck!

• Like 1

Yep Trees on their own have to be a rider on the policy.  If they damage your house or some other covered item they are covered; otherwise not under most homeowner's policies. We had that happen a few years ago here in Latham when we had a bunch of trees down.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Hi. Sorry to hear about the storm. Obviously, check with your agent or claims person. But, to the best of my knowledge, unless the tree damages something covered under the policy, you are on your own in terms of removal. The town might help and some churches have work crews that will assist. Good luck!

Yep Trees on their own have to be a rider on the policy.  If they damage your house or some other covered item they are covered; otherwise not under most homeowner's policies. We had that happen a few years ago here in Latham when we had a bunch of trees down.  Don't worry about the thread - my opinion but.... just saying.

I'm changing my prediction of 51% of faceoffs to TD.  I think he wins 60-65%.  Speed can beat braun!!!

OT: Anyone want to come over?  I'm throwing a deck smashing party! INSURANCE FRAUD!  Kidding of course.

Thanks for the responses and the PMs.  Very helpful.

I doubt I will get a dime from insurance.  Here is a little video I made of the damage.  

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I'm changing my prediction of 51% of faceoffs to TD.  I think he wins 60-65%.  Speed can beat braun!!!

OT: Anyone want to come over?  I'm throwing a deck smashing party! INSURANCE FRAUD!  Kidding of course.

Thanks for the responses and the PMs.  Very helpful.

I doubt I will get a dime from insurance.  Here is a little video I made of the damage.  

Dude glad you and yours are safe... Man that's scary. Goos luck... 

• Like 1

Carcaterra was on with Wyland this morning.  He thinks there’s much more pressure on Baptiste to dominate than there is on TD. Basically he thinks UA can win without TD dominating, but not the other way around. So we shall see. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Carcaterra was on with Wyland this morning.  He thinks there’s much more pressure on Baptiste to dominate than there is on TD. Basically he thinks UA can win without TD dominating, but not the other way around. So we shall see. 

This is why I changed my prediction.  I think TD has the edge.  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  Enjoy the game, wish I could be there but I will find a local bar with power to watch it at. 

53 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

This is why I changed my prediction.  I think TD has the edge.  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  Enjoy the game, wish I could be there but I will find a local bar with power to watch it at. 

RGood,

Will miss you tomorrow. Best of luck with your storm issues. Glad you and your family are well.

A couple of suggestions which you might want to look into. If you have food spoilage from lack of power that is a reimbursable expense. Also, your tree mess may be covered (I am not sure why others are saying No, but I have had storm damage trees covered before, even a garden bush that was flattened by a falling tree---the circumstance may be different, but it does not hurt to ask your insurance people to find out. Speaking of insurance, you more than likely have some sort of deductible and I found out by accident that most home insurance deductibles  are YEAR specific and not "event" specific. Home deductibles unlike Auto which is accident specific can be accrued over a years time. So if you have a $1000 deductible policy and reach $800 because of this storm, you would only need $200 more to start collecting on the next home event, even if totally unrelated to the current storm. I am certainly not wishing you any further home disasters; and I AM MOST DEFINITELY NOT AN EXPERT; but I do know that for the event deductible to apply (if your policy has this), you DO have to file a claim even if you do not collect anything. My point is when back on your feet call your agent; ask questions, do not go by what I say or whatever blog opinions you may be receiving.