Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
kikuria

$30,000 to the NCAA ?!?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kikuria said:

Anyone see this article? Towards the bottom is includes a small part about UAlbany owing the NCAA $30,000 for hosting the first round of football playoffs.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Low-turnout-for-UAlbany-football-playoff-victory-14873033.php

Welcome to a week and a half ago, or maybe even two, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I talked to people in the know . They said we lost about 10k. However they did say that It would have cost around 5k to travel and house players in Connecticut for the game. So I would seem that its only a 5k loss for a home game. I have no idea if thats true, its just what I'm told by much larger donors. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

So I talked to people in the know . They said we lost about 10k. However they did say that It would have cost around 5k to travel and house players in Connecticut for the game. So I would seem that its only a 5k loss for a home game. I have no idea if thats true, its just what I'm told by much larger donors. 

If that's accurate, that's not bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eli said:

Welcome to a week and a half ago, or maybe even two, sir. 

Sadly, I've been heads down for a few months now.  If it weren't for twitter, it would have take a few weeks for me to figure out the score of the game. So there's that at least.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kikuria said:

Sadly, I've been heads down for a few months now.  If it weren't for twitter, it would have take a few weeks for me to figure out the score of the game. So there's that at least.

We got your back hahah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kikuria said:

Anyone see this article? Towards the bottom is includes a small part about UAlbany owing the NCAA $30,000 for hosting the first round of football playoffs.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Low-turnout-for-UAlbany-football-playoff-victory-14873033.php

Maybe some of that cash could have been used to fund your precious crew team? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the turnout would have been better if students were on campus and it wasn't the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. Not saying astronomically better, but better. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

The NCAA reimburses travel expenses and gives a per diem for meals and lodging to visiting teams in the playoffs

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/resources/travel/2019-20D1Champs_TravelPolicies.pdf

I asked that same question . But I guess it does not cover everything . (Something like they always spend more then the per diem for meals, and they only cover government rate for hotels so over thanksgiving they would be paying more, also extra staff was not covered) Again I could be 100 percent wrong because I was not the one with the information.  It was not a quick conversation, with several people involved,  and to be honest I zoned in and out of it because I really did not care.  The number I continued to hear was 5k. 

Edited by UA1882

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UA1882 said:

So I talked to people in the know . They said we lost about 10k. However they did say that It would have cost around 5k to travel and house players in Connecticut for the game. So I would seem that its only a 5k loss for a home game. I have no idea if thats true, its just what I'm told by much larger donors. 

I heard all the money they made from Eli buying hot chocolate at the game made up the difference and they came out even.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane Pound said:

I heard all the money they made from Eli buying hot chocolate at the game made up the difference and they came out even.

Don't forget my popcorn! Which is all over Casey Stadium cause I couldn't contain myself once we started rollin those dudes from Connecticut!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this doesn't highlight just how broken the NCAA is and what a racket this is, I don't know what will. Extortion ring!

IMO even with a small loss it was WELL worth it. Good job to Benson for ponying up. Fake it 'till you make it a hot place for an NCAA playoff game. Do it a couple more times and I bet that 1500 turns into 3k in a few years, cold weather or not. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...