UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #23: 2/1/2020 @ 7PM vs Vermont-- Big Purple Growl

5 and 2 after 7 games is better than I thought we would be but tough one coming up Saturday.  They can be beat but have to shoot better, have bodies available, not turn it over, defend, contain Lamb, etc.  Who am I kidding, lol.  Surprise us,  boys!

3 hours ago, ctdanes said:

This kid has the 'IT' factor.. really looking to four years with Will handling the ball..... :)

Watching some highlights of this kid.  He is lightening quick with a great crossover, major hops to elevate, and a decent outside shot ( not as pure as say Healy, but good).  I wonder why UA after watching him, lol, although I believe he is listed at 6'1" and doesn't look it.  Why didn't Boehim grab him since he plays down the road.  We will know by November if he is the real deal.  If he is something between a Mike Black and a Jamar Wilson for 4 years, we made out well.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:50 PM, nysteve661 said:

5 and 2 after 7 games is better than I thought we would be but tough one coming up Saturday.  They can be beat but have to shoot better, have bodies available, not turn it over, defend, contain Lamb, etc.  Who am I kidding, lol.  Surprise us,  boys!

Who best to contain Lamb? Rizzuto? Hanson?

Don't see Rizzuto doing it.  It he tries, foul trouble could occur quickly and have to sit most of 1st half.  Hansen would be a better choice, taller, long arms.  Lulka out, Hank too slow.  De Souza another choice but is he healthy enough.  Lamb has had some bad games for him this season. He also is only 39% from the floor and a lousy 28% from 3 on the season.   We can hope for one of his bad games tonight.   Their board members complain he does not go inside enough like previous seasons and chucks up 3's.

Edited by nysteve661

27 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Don't see Rizzuto doing it.  It he tries, foul trouble could occur quickly and have to sit most of 1st half.  Hansen would be a better choice, taller, long arms.  Lulka out, Hank too slow.  De Souza another choice but is he healthy enough.  Lamb has had some bad games for him this season. He also is only 39% from the floor and a lousy 28% from 3 on the season.   We can hope for one of his bad games tonight.   Their board members complain he does not go inside enough like previous seasons and chucks up 3's.

I see Will assigning two players with responsibility for Lamb 🐑.  Will will substitute the  two frequently to them fresh and hopefully out of foul trouble.  I hope the games close and Lamb 🐑repeats his Stony Brook game ending performance.

I'm betting we see Malachi on Lamb with a double team strategy of Hank and potentially even French on him when he tried to go inside. Using French in this game will spread the potential foul trouble risk and add another large body to protect against Giddens having a good game. Hansen's length will be good to cover his man and whoever is left open when the double team comes down low. Clark can cover Smith, and Rizzuto and Healy can worry about Davis and/or Duncan. 

I'm actually feeling the most positive about our chances against UVM than I have in a few years. The biggest thing that UA needs to focus on is not having one of those stretches of 5-10 minutes with no field goals. This UVM team is no where close to as explosive offensively as they have been. The question is if we have the shooting ability the team has shown at times or the 15% from 3 team that also seems to show up too often.

• Like 1

I'm as worried about scoring as I am defending. Vermont has been crushing on the defensive end since that Stony Brook game. 

Hopefully we can keep our cool and execute. Ahmad was great against UMBC getting into the lane and finding shooters.

Davis for UVM is as much of a problem as anyone. You have to bring your big guy out to defend him at the three point line and then you have no one to help in the paint against Lamb.

I'll be curious to see Hansen on Lamb. That way, you can have De Sousa on Smith.

When I first saw the schedule, I didn't like the BPG game being against UVM as they normally draw well anyway, and having it against someone else might help attendance more, but I'm now thinking that the opportunity to play a good game and even potentially getting a win against them in front of a BPG crowd might be better for growing the fanbase long term 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I'm as worried about scoring as I am defending. Vermont has been crushing on the defensive end since that Stony Brook game. 

Hopefully we can keep our cool and execute. Ahmad was great against UMBC getting into the lane and finding shooters.

Davis for UVM is as much of a problem as anyone. You have to bring your big guy out to defend him at the three point line and then you have no one to help in the paint against Lamb.

I'll be curious to see Hansen on Lamb. That way, you can have De Sousa on Smith.

Scoring is my worry too.  Only have watched a few UVM games they seem to defend really well and with our propensity for sloppiness and turnovers it worries me a lot.  Also, we have not been shooting very well and that needs to change if we want to in this game!