UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Just to set the record straight with Albany vs Holy Cross. UA's QB stunk up the joint. If he plays better, the game is not that close. No offense to Holy Cross but people keep saying UA's "back was to the wall" the entire game and UA was "dominated for 58 minutes", get real. The mighty Crusaders scored 13 points in the first half and were shut out in the second half. Their kicker missed makeable FG's so that's on them! HC QB is an outstanding QB for sure.

Albany's D has great speed but are prone to the long ball as they have always been. Smallish on the DL. On Offense they struggle throwing the deep ball and seemed slow. Osbourne in space is tough to defend as is Parker the TE tough to defend. Parker had 7 catches and a TD and Osbourne had a respectable 85 yards.

I wouldn't throw dirt on the Great Danes just yet. CCSU beat a declining Towson team from 2013 and I believe CCSU is better week in and week out than Towson. CCSU's QB will not be as good as HC and they will be more balanced. I expect a great game. As far as CAA play, it looks way less daunting than last year. No longer worry about Stony Brook, Delaware both very winnable games in CAA play. To lose to CCSU two years in a row would be a disgrace.

Edited by Ruler

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going for our 100th FCS win http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209633063&DB_OEM_ID=15800

They're expecting a big crowd and pretty cocky on the CCSU forum; has it gotten to the point we have to hope they're overconfident?

Not only is Rossomando the CCSU coach, their DC/DB coach is former Albany DC Drew Christ, and their assistant DB coach is last year's Albany captain Randall Exantus.

Edited by UAalum72

One thing that counters the normal 'advantage' that staff would have had..... we have a totally different system, head coach, etc.... this year.

Someone be sure to pass along that cocky chatter from the ccsu forum to all of our players and staff!! It's time to crush some skulls.

We need our QB to make better reads - can't be throwing into double and triple coverage. He seemed to do better with the check downs later in the game (a couple of the passes to The TE and RB) but not consistently. We also need to make the best of our opportunities - number 1 dropped a pick 6 on the first play of the second half. Not sure what was happening on third downs but I hope it gets fixed this week.

While CCSU has a good QB and WR, the running back seems to be their best player, quick, tough and always seems to fall forwards. We need to contain him and avoid the big play.

Also, I watched the ending of the CCSU - Towson game online yesterday. While there wasn't one big play like our game, there was some drama. Towson roughed the punter giving CCSU a first down on the game winning drive. CCSU had a 30 yard completion into triple coverage on third down on the same drive -giving them the ball at the 2. After they scored the game winning TD, Towson drove the field and had a pass complete in the endzone but the receivers foot came down out of bounds to end the game.

Albany's D has great speed but are prone to the long ball as they have always been.

Secondary definitely needs some work, but did anybody else notice the bio on Jamal Merritt? Played for New Mexico Lobos as a safety and wide receiver...as a true freshman. Had three starts at strong safety his sophomore year before tearing his ACL. 3-Star recruit out of high school; 17th best prospect in the state; chose New Mexico over Ohio, East Carolina, and Rutgers.

I would have missed him except before kick-off ESPN singled him out as a player to watch. Also said that Gontarek (WR) was Gattuso's #1 recruit? Could be inaccurate, but he did start him, and he did have nine catches in his first collegiate game.

Just something to mention...

Okay, I take that back. Our offense flat out SUCKS. Osbourne is the only good thing about it and sometimes Parker when Fiacchi actually finds him. O-Line multiple penalties. A couple delay of games. Receivers can't catch (King). Fiacchi's vision is horrendous...he doesn't complete his reads most of the time.

Gattuso has to address the offense in the next recruiting class or two. We need work.

Edited by Ilko

Okay, I take that back. Our offense flat out SUCKS. Osbourne is the only good thing about it and sometimes Parker when Fiacchi actually finds him. O-Line multiple penalties. A couple delay of games. Receivers can't catch (King). Fiacchi's vision is horrendous...he doesn't complete his reads most of the time.

Gattuso has to address the offense in the next recruiting class or two. We need work.

They must have heard you. That was a nice looking drive right there.